2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,908 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Hello Everyone!

Hoping someone, or even a few of you, would make some recommendations as to brand/model purchase. We run a company that will be utilizing a digital piano for wedding use (both ceremony and reception). I would also like the opportunity to use it personally, though I am still in the beginning stages of playing. Could you recommend a product that would not only fulfill our needs for ceremony and cocktail music at weddings, but also be a unit that would allow for much growth potential as I hopefully advance my artistic interest. An ideal unit would provide for a good dollar to value ratio. I have been impressed with the Clavinova's, but don't know much about other brands. Some enlightening would be appreciated. Thank you all!

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
I'd imagine that a portable model would be useful for your needs. If so, I'd recommend a Roland RD700 (or RD150 if your budget is low). You'll also need a stand, sustain pedal, cables and an amplifier. Your dealer should be able to help you with those things.

Yamaha, Korg and Kurzweil also ofter similar products. In the end it's all personal preference.

PianoWorld disclaimer: musician, producer, arranger, author, clinician, consultant, PS2 aficionado, secret agent...
S
OP Offline
S
Steve:
THanks for your input. What if I wanted something all-inclusive.... meaning speakers, amp, etc.. is self-contained?

Thank you again!

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
There are plenty of products that are "all in one", but none that I'd recommend for a wedding/reception. I don't think you'll be able to get the portability and volume you'll need.

PianoWorld disclaimer: musician, producer, arranger, author, clinician, consultant, PS2 aficionado, secret agent...
I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Roland make some really good digital pianos they also have atractive cabinetry, they are not as heavy as other brands; I think you also need something presentable besides just reliable, check with you local Roland dealer for something in the HP series.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Try the Roland KR series. Great sound and touch (will be important for the musician that's hired to play), easy to use (see above), and the KR5 and KR7 have some beautiful cabinets in a variety of elegant finishes

The Clavinovas are very good, but in a side by side comparison, I think you'll prefer the Roland.

You should also try Technics and Kawai.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally posted by Luke's Dad:
Try the Roland KR series. Great sound and touch (will be important for the musician that's hired to play), easy to use (see above), and the KR5 and KR7 have some beautiful cabinets in a variety of elegant finishes

The Clavinovas are very good, but in a side by side comparison, I think you'll prefer the Roland.

You should also try Technics and Kawai.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you very much for your reply .. I appreciate any and all insight in making this decision.

i personally own a Kawai CP170. I love it. If i were you i would wait till the new models of Kawai come out the CP175. They will have a CD burner on them. And that can be very good in your line of work. If you dont want a CD burner then you may beable to get a very good deal if a dealer has an old model still in stock. I chose the Kawai because it has a very very good feel and the very best piano sound available. Good luck.

BC

Estonia 168
Working on Dohnanyi Rhapsody 3
Chopin Ballade 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission