2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, 12 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Abacad Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello,

Does anyone knows about the way to activate midi output on the Casio CPS-300 digital piano ?
I can't put my hands on the manual and I think I have to follow a procedure where I have to press something like the piano key while switching on, then press another key ...

I tried to get help throught casio japan, and throught my local distributor, bur nobody can tell me ! Which I find incredible from a big manufacturer !

You are my last chance !

I just found this forum and read some messages, it seems to be a nice place, here ...

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Are you sure that you need to activate MIDI output? That sounds strange to me. Most MIDI keyboards have "MIDI Out" ports that are always on. However, I'm not familiar with your particular keyboard.

I wonder if the device that you want to receive MIDI information is set up to receive on a different MIDI channel than the Casio is sending on? That would give the appearance that the Casio is not sending MIDI data at all (even though it is). Could this be the case?

PianoWorld disclaimer: musician, producer, arranger, author, clinician, consultant, PS2 aficionado, secret agent...
A
Abacad Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I am sure my keyboard gives no output on any channel (I tried with several sofwares and looked for any event)... In addition, I tried to find some help on forums but I only found other people, some years ago, who had the same problem, having lost their manual and remembering that they had to activate their midi port the way I remember (but unfortunatly not completly !).
I tried to reach these different persons via their mail in case their found an answer, but none of them where still available.

Best regards.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission