2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, 11 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
OP Offline
I
Hello everyone. I bought a casio px-200 recently and I don't have a stand for it. I was thinking of getting the CS-65 stand but it isn't exactly cheap. So I was thinking of building my own stand. But I'm a little confused at how the keyboard is supported by the CS-65. From pictures, there seems to be no support for the keyboard from the bottom.. it only appears to be attached via screws from both sides. Is that really the case?

I am going to Home Depot tomorrow to look at how much the wood costs there. I'm hoping that the amount of wood needed would cost less than half the cost of the CS-65 ($100 USD)

The CS-65 stand attaches to each side of the Casio Privia DPs...but you need to detach first the two side-panel plastic frames from each side of the Privia before you can actually screw the wooden CS-65 stand. Essentially, each side of the PRIVIA inserts into a "shaped-hole" on both wooden stands (left and right) that matches the contours and shape of the side panel of the Privias.

Do be careful in removing the plastic side panel frames since these are plastic frames and may dent, crack or break if you apply more force in trying to "tug" it out. But don't worry, these side panel plastic frames are really removable and is meant to be removed if you use their CS-65 stand. Well at least, that's how it is in my PX-320. But since the CS-65 wooden stand is shared by several models (i.e. PX-200, PX-320, PX-120, PX-800 etc.), I'm assuming that the big side panel holes on the wooden stand would only fit properly once you've removed the plastic frames from each side of the PX Privia line.

If you can somehow manage to "craft" or design a customised wooden stand for it, I'd suggest :

1) one that fits snuggly both ends of the PX-200. And yes, if you want it to be sturdy enough or if you don't want it to shake at all, you'd need to drill holes and make one that EXACTLY match the contours/shape OR the entire side panels of the PX-200 (after removing the plastic frames I mentioned above).

> essentially you'd be making one big hole on whatever wood you'd be getting for each side of the Privia so in effect you're inserting each side of the PX-200 into each big hole on the left and right wooden stands.

2) getting a wood that closely matches the color of the PX-200...but this is just for "aesthetic purposes" of course.

3) having a great deal of patience in creating one smile

If you want to get an idea of how the CS-65 attaches to the Privia, here is Casio's official CS-65 PDF file (you'd need an Adobe Acrobat Reader):

Casio ASSEMBLY instruction guide for CS-65 stand

Good luck and hope this helps.

PX-5S FA-06 LaunchKey 61 SL-MKII Graphite 49; VST: Pianoteq 6+Bluethner UVI TrueKeys EWQL-SO + Hollywood Strings/Brass, AAS GS-2+LL EP4 Sonokinetic; Mobile DAW ROG G751J: i7 4720 32GB RAM 250+500 GB SSD Scarlett 6i6 TS110A x2; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfiQst_xQwNgKL_FS9OXSKw
I
OP Offline
I
Wow. Thanks BeowulfX, that helped tremendously! Well, it turns out that I didn't completely plan this out that well, and I actually might not have room for any stand unless I do some major rearranging of furniture in our house.. which may not be a good idea. I don't know what I'm going to do about it yet, but thanks a lot for the help.

P
P
What! No room for a keyboard? I've never heard of such a thing wink . Something else less important will just have to go: Chair, Coffee table, Desk, TV, Bed ...

Kurzweil K2600xs - yeah, it's purple :p , Alesis M1 Active MkII Monitors, [b]Roland RD-300s Restoration Project[/b] completed.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I bought a collapsible piano stand from Sam Ash Music three months ago and I like it. I have the ability to stow away the piano and the stand underneath my bed if needed.

- Mark

...The ultimate joy in music is the joy of playing the piano...
R
R
+1 on the collapsible stand. I can travel with it, set it up easily in a hotel room, and stow it at will.

"Since the beginning of time, mankind has yearned to destroy the sun."

-C. Montgomery Burns
C
C
I just built a stand for my px200 with a sheet of 4X8 MDF. MDF costs about $25, I can show you the drawing if you are interested.

I
OP Offline
I
Although I'm most likely going to get a collapsible stand, I am interested in how you built your stand.. for future reference smile . Drawings, or whatever else will be helpful..

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission