Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#672661 - 06/28/08 12:30 AM Attempting to build a stand for my px200..
Initial Z Offline

Hello everyone. I bought a casio px-200 recently and I don't have a stand for it. I was thinking of getting the CS-65 stand but it isn't exactly cheap. So I was thinking of building my own stand. But I'm a little confused at how the keyboard is supported by the CS-65. From pictures, there seems to be no support for the keyboard from the bottom.. it only appears to be attached via screws from both sides. Is that really the case?

I am going to Home Depot tomorrow to look at how much the wood costs there. I'm hoping that the amount of wood needed would cost less than half the cost of the CS-65 ($100 USD)

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#672662 - 06/28/08 07:40 PM Re: Attempting to build a stand for my px200..
BeowulfX Offline

The CS-65 stand attaches to each side of the Casio Privia DPs...but you need to detach first[/b] the two side-panel plastic frames from each side of the Privia before you can actually screw the wooden CS-65 stand. Essentially, each side of the PRIVIA inserts into a "shaped-hole" on both wooden stands (left and right) that matches the contours and shape of the side panel of the Privias.

Do be careful in removing the plastic side panel frames since these are plastic frames and may dent, crack or break if you apply more force in trying to "tug" it out. But don't worry, these side panel plastic frames are really removable and is meant to be removed if you use their CS-65 stand. Well at least, that's how it is in my PX-320. But since the CS-65 wooden stand is shared by several models (i.e. PX-200, PX-320, PX-120, PX-800 etc.), I'm assuming that the big side panel holes on the wooden stand would only fit properly once you've removed the plastic frames from each side of the PX Privia line.

If you can somehow manage to "craft" or design a customised wooden stand for it, I'd suggest :

1) one that fits snuggly both ends of the PX-200. And yes, if you want it to be sturdy enough or if you don't want it to shake at all, you'd need to drill holes and make one that EXACTLY match the contours/shape OR the entire side panels of the PX-200 (after removing the plastic frames I mentioned above).

> essentially you'd be making one big hole on whatever wood you'd be getting for each side of the Privia so in effect you're inserting each side of the PX-200 into each big hole on the left and right wooden stands.

2) getting a wood that closely matches the color of the PX-200...but this is just for "aesthetic purposes" of course.

3) having a great deal of patience in creating one \:\)

If you want to get an idea of how the CS-65 attaches to the Privia, here is Casio's official CS-65 PDF file (you'd need an Adobe Acrobat Reader):

Casio ASSEMBLY instruction guide for CS-65 stand

Good luck and hope this helps.
PX-5S PC361 PX-320 Graphite 49 Pianoteq 4.5-Standard+Bluethner EWQL Symphonic Orchestra & some additional VSTi X1222FX B1030A KS40A DAW: AMD PhIIx4 16GB DDR3 1TB+1TB+120GB-SSD Audiobox E-MU XMIDI 2x2 Sonar 8 Pearl Acoustic Drumset
Contemplating on: Yamaha MOXF6, Korg Kronos X61 or Roland FA-06

#672663 - 06/29/08 04:04 PM Re: Attempting to build a stand for my px200..
Initial Z Offline

Wow. Thanks BeowulfX, that helped tremendously! Well, it turns out that I didn't completely plan this out that well, and I actually might not have room for any stand unless I do some major rearranging of furniture in our house.. which may not be a good idea. I don't know what I'm going to do about it yet, but thanks a lot for the help.

#672664 - 06/29/08 05:29 PM Re: Attempting to build a stand for my px200..
PlatonicSolid Offline

Loc: CT-USA
What! No room for a keyboard? I've never heard of such a thing ;\) . Something else less important will just have to go: Chair, Coffee table, Desk, TV, Bed ...

#672665 - 06/29/08 09:27 PM Re: Attempting to build a stand for my px200..
hotkeys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massapequa, NY
I bought a collapsible piano stand from Sam Ash Music three months ago and I like it. I have the ability to stow away the piano and the stand underneath my bed if needed.

- Mark

#672666 - 06/29/08 09:42 PM Re: Attempting to build a stand for my px200..
Rrrockhound Offline

Loc: Ohio
+1 on the collapsible stand. I can travel with it, set it up easily in a hotel room, and stow it at will.

-C. Montgomery Burns

#672667 - 07/12/08 02:20 AM Re: Attempting to build a stand for my px200..
C.Y. Offline

I just built a stand for my px200 with a sheet of 4X8 MDF. MDF costs about $25, I can show you the drawing if you are interested.

#672668 - 07/12/08 05:01 AM Re: Attempting to build a stand for my px200..
Initial Z Offline

Although I'm most likely going to get a collapsible stand, I am interested in how you built your stand.. for future reference \:\) . Drawings, or whatever else will be helpful..

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (Almaviva, ABC Vermonter, AmateurBob, accordeur, 38 invisible), 1499 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74318 Members
42 Forums
153714 Topics
2253417 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Will you take Manhattan?
by davefrank
04/24/14 11:31 PM
Growing student
by pianoplayer84
04/24/14 11:19 PM
Our first piano acquisition- Yamaha U3
by Manutabora
04/24/14 07:56 PM
Yamaha Grand buying choices
by BrianDX
04/24/14 07:35 PM
what run and fill/rhythm pattern is this guy using?
by indianboy
04/24/14 07:30 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission