2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (Craig Hair, Cheeeeee, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 4 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yeah, sorry for the shortcut - what I meant was, that not when the sustain is pressed just afterwards!

I have tried to reproduce Wing's problem quite patiently. I have tried virtually every setting available on the Akoustik Piano.

Sustain Reso to 0, Release Reso to Disable, Key/Pedal Reso both to 0, reverb completely disabled (no environment selected, and amount to 0).

Then voice count, from 15 up to 150, each with ECO mode and without ECO mode.

I have tried both Concert Grand Production and Steingraeber Wunderkind presets I use most. Of course, the preset with Olivier overtones works fine too.

I then tried to change sound settings. I have disabled ASIO and chosen DirectSound, and then Multimedia. The latency was sky-high, but the problem still didn't occur. The second group of notes sustain nicely.

Now I'm helpless and completely lost. I don't know what to change more to find out the behaviour Wing's talking about.

I hope NI will answer through their Support System.

Regards!
M.

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)
OP Offline
Mateusz: I'm lost too. Another poster here has the same issue so at least I know I'm not alone.

Matthijs: The release setting you're talking about would apply regardless of whether the sustain was pressed or not, so I don't think it's applicable in this situation.

T
T
Hey, have you tried getting the latest drivers for your sound card? Some cards have also different drivers available. ASIO4All is also an option. I think I'd try reinstalling drivers, maybe something is broken in there.

Hi, I get the same result on my system, that is I get the sudden cutoff when the pedal is quickly released and pressed again using Akoustik Piano. This happens on all of the presets, even the ones with resonances.

I also have Pianoteq and it doesn't behave this way. The sound in Pianoteq drops a little bit when the pedal is briefly released.

So, I would say there is a bug with Akoustik, or at least poor modeling. I also think that the soft pedal is poorly done in Akoustik, as it has very little effect, while in Pianoteq the soft pedal is very nice.

T
T
I experience the same undesirable pedal behavior then Wing Fat. I contacted the NI support. It didn't clarify much, but they said that users of their Kontakt sampler have scripts available by Olivier Frappier that are not available with Akoustik Piano standalone. But this does not explain why Matis does not have the pedal error.

O
O
Dear friends, I have installed AP and inmediatelly noticed the same pedal and sustain problems with the Decay fractions of seconds after one play chords. I was getting crazy trying to figured out this problem but now I know i´m not the only one. My english is not good enought so I understand this problem is about a bug and there is not solution yet it`s that correct?

Thanks.

O
O
Hello friends, I have to tell you, the pedal sustain problem was resolved. Yesterday I was using another free digital pianos as DSK Akoustik KeyZ and others, and I was really sad because the sound quality was not like Native Instrument's Akoustic Piano, so I opened again the VTS in Cubase 5 and suddendly I was surprised because the sustain pedal works perfect, sorry because I can tell exactly what happened and I'm not sure what I have done. I use a yamaha P-95 as controller and it have 3 different touch sensitive's levels but it have not buttons to select this levels so I must to press a combination of keys and buttons like metronome, C7 Key and volume to make changes, so I think maybe the controller was sending a wrong midi information refering its own touch sensitive signal that was crashing with the Akoustic vts sustain pedal. Now is working amazing without any problems and the sound is amazing, outstanding. Maybe you must search all the midi signals your controller is sending or a wrong midi signal or datum hidden in your session that makes the sustain reduce the sustain's resonance and behaves erroneously.

King Regards

Oliver

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
oliver

you know you're responding to an over 5 year old thread

O
O
Hahahahaha sorry I didn't whatch the date. Anyway why nobody gave a solution?

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
I don't think anybody is too concerned about solving problems with it.
The good pianos are others, like D and Ivory II and...........

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission