Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#675514 - 02/19/07 12:20 PM Korg sp250 sound problems
bentplane Offline

Loc: toronto canada
Recently bought new 250 and right out of the box I have had some sound problems.It's a problem that is either on or off,like a car with a computer problem in the engine.When it's working it sounds great all chords ringing and then all of a sudden it goes wacky.It is a doubling of the notes as soon as a key is touched .The notes just bonk out really loud making even scales unplayable.It's almost like it's ultra sensitive and it occurs on all banks.When it's in the broke mode if you lightly press down the key as soon as you touch it 2 or 3 loud notes will ring out.I can shut it off and on and it sometimes goes away.It happens sometimes on startup and other times in middle of song.I just sent away warranty and Korg emailed me to bring it to dealer.Anyone had similar problems?

(ads) Sweetwater / PR /Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano

Click Here

#675515 - 02/19/07 02:13 PM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
joangolfing Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Iowa
I have a Korg SP250 that I bought in Dec. Your problems seem to be coming from a defective keyboard. Mine doesn't have the problems that you describe. When I had a Korg question I called the US Product Support number and got a person who went over to a Korg 250 as I was on the phone. That number is 631-390-8737. You may want to try to get a response from a "live" person.

My KorgSP 250 makes a plastic key sound when I play some of the keys. It sounds to me like the sound you make when you type on a computer keyboard. Does your Korg do that? I had some advice on this problem to determine if my sound came on the keys "release". When the key returns to the top after the key is played it sounds like a normal thud. The sound I get is when the key is first pressed down. So I assumed my Korg was operating normally.

I hope you can get your sound problem either fixed or returned for a new keyboard.

I enjoy mine very much.

#675516 - 02/19/07 03:00 PM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
bentplane Offline

Thanks for your reply.My keys don't make any of the click sounds you mentioned just a thud.Korg has been great so far so I'll see how it goes with the repair.When it's working correctly it sounds great and I love it which makes it so dissapointing to have to take it back.Regards

#675517 - 02/19/07 03:44 PM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
Finne Offline

Loc: Norway
I have a Korg sp250 too, baught in december. wasn't too happy about the sound at first (but found out i was using poor headphones). Now i've loaned me some quality headphones and the sound is great. much better than the build-in speakers (which kind of sucks).

haven't had any problems. hope it stays that way. my dealer is far far away, and shipping isn't cheap (nor problem free).

#675518 - 02/19/07 05:55 PM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
joangolfing Offline
500 Post Club Member

Finne,

If you are listening mostly with headphones you might not be hearing the clicking sounds I am. When you do listen through the built-in speakers are you hearing any of this click on any keys?

#675519 - 02/20/07 08:26 AM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
Finne Offline

Hi joan
I've only used headphones for a couple of weeks. Have mostly played using the build-in speakers. Cannot say I've noticed any clicking sounds. Been playing quite much since I recieved it. Is it something I definitely would've recognised?

#675520 - 02/20/07 03:15 PM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
bentplane Offline

Just over 24hrs later and Korg canada and gear music in Oakville ont. have replaced my 250 with a new one.WOW Is that service or what Thankyou Korg.It sounds great.I'm a customer for life.

#675521 - 04/21/07 04:14 AM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
Finne Offline

Joangolfing, I've just recently noticed sort of a clicking sound on my sp250. The F in the middle of the keyboard, it makes a high-frequency (sort of) clicking sound when i let go of the key (when the key hits the "roof").

It this the same you are experiencing? Have you done anything with our problem?

#675522 - 04/21/07 07:30 AM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
joangolfing Offline
500 Post Club Member

Finne,
-----------------------------
"I've just recently noticed sort of a clicking sound on my sp250. The F in the middle of the keyboard, it makes a high-frequency (sort of) clicking sound when i let go of the key (when the key hits the "roof")."
--------------------------------

No, this doesn't seem like the problem I was having and continue to have. But Korg will want you to have it tested at an approved Korg Repair Shop.Mine is a plastic sound like typing on a computer keyboard. I went to quite a few experts about this.

First I took my Korg to Sound Vibrations in Corpus Christi Texas while I was there this winter. They played on it and found the sound to be very typical of all digital pianos. Then I took the Korg into a Korg Repair Center in Des Moines Iowa called Rieman's Music. They knew this sound very well and again said that is what digital pianos sound like.

And throughout this process I was in email contact with Ian Fisher from KorgUSA:
ianf@korgusa.com

He was very helpful and responsive and would have sent me a new Korg if mine proved to be defective.
So I would email Ian and ask about your Korg.

#675523 - 04/21/07 09:02 AM Re: Korg sp250 sound problems
Finne Offline

Thanks for the help, Joan.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
115 registered (36251, Almaviva, accordeur, A Guy, 32 invisible), 1386 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75369 Members
42 Forums
155819 Topics
2288045 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
yamaha finish
by johnfin
07/12/14 10:21 PM
Advice on best way to structure my practicing...
by MZCT
07/12/14 09:03 PM
How important are the wheels for you?
by doremi
07/12/14 06:46 PM
Classical teacher for non-classical student?
by TX-Bluebonnet
07/12/14 06:12 PM
A220-A440 Temperament recording
by Hakki
07/12/14 03:34 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission