Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#679038 - 08/17/07 08:47 PM Re: Roland HP-207
Christian Musician Offline

Loc: Edmonton
Thanks Lawrence

About the bass, my brother said there is a feature that you can change the amount of bass you want. Supposedly with the 3D button there are different types of settings and you can choose the perfect one for yourself. That is if you are like me and don't really have space to pull the keyboard away from the wall. We haven't tried it yet to see if that's true, but hopefully it is.

Sara

Nothing much...
Maple Leaf Rag (Scott Joplin)

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Kawai Superb Stage Piano and Controller

Click Here

#679039 - 09/21/07 11:33 PM Re: Roland HP-207
Melodialworks Music Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
I received delivery on the two Satin Black HP-207's on Sept. 6th.

The one in the church has been superb as a rehearsal instrument in the chapel on Thursday evenings, for a choir of about 18 adult voices.

This is the smoothest responding digital piano I've ever played, without notes sticking out. However, this is probably partially due to my playing style.

I'm very happy in both the church and home studio environments. A nice looking piece of furniture in the studio, and nice to not have the clutter of monitor speakers, and cables on display.

I have no hesitation in recommending the HP-207. Certainly, it would be worthwhile to read the manual, since there are a few useful gems there.

Lawrence
Yamaha NU1 + Production Grand

#679040 - 09/27/07 04:14 PM Re: Roland HP-207
CillaH Offline

Loc: Toronto Ontario
Have to thank you for guiding me towards this DP. I spent the whole summer debating and looking - trying to decide whether to go digital or replace my old acoustic. Having come to terms with the fact that DP was the most practical way to go I was originally considering Yamaha's CLP 280. Was about to commit even though I wasn't totally happy with the bass.
Then I read the favorable comments here about the Roland HP -207 and realized I'd not tried this model. The moment I touched it I knew this was the one! It just felt right and had the sound I was hoping for.
Now I have to wait patiently for delivery which has been quite delayed......hadn't realized it would take so long! Patience is a virtue!

#679041 - 10/01/07 10:42 PM Re: Roland HP-207
1000 Post Club Member

The standard colour seems readily available, but Roland Canada is only bringing in a few of the Satin Black models each month, since they are not sure how they'll sell.

I continue to be pleased with my HP-207's. The best feeling, responsive and natural digital piano I've ever played. The problem (often common, I belive) with digitals of notes sticking out doesn't occur with this instrument.

Whom have you ordered from? (I'm based in Brantford, and dealt with Pongetti Music in Hamilton, so we're not too far from each other! In fact I grew up in Toronto - the east end).

Did you order the instrument in Satin Black?

Lawrence

#679042 - 10/02/07 03:06 AM Re: Roland HP-207
CillaH Offline

Hi to an ex Torontonian!
I dealt with Lowrey's here - my local store - good reputation around these parts - very pleasant and knowledgeable staff.
I could have had the Satin Black this week as they had one in stock but opted to wait for the Mahogany finish. Still no word on when it might arrive which does seem a bit odd if this is their standard model. Maybe the start up of Fall music lessons has raised the demand.
I did have a slight reservation that the Roland warranty was only one year as opposed to the Yamaha's five year warranty (and the Cosmo Music Store where I tried it would have thrown in an additional one year store warranty) but hopefully Roland's good track record will override that concern. Glad to hear you continue to pleased with your decision - hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can add my feedback too!

#679043 - 10/02/07 04:23 AM Re: Roland HP-207
Kawai James Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Hello there,

Are there any explanations for the PHAII keyboard that mention the materials used for each key? I have read conflicting reviews, some stating that the white keys of the HP207 are produced entirely wood.

Can anyone confirm this point?

Kind regards,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#679044 - 10/02/07 10:10 PM Re: Roland HP-207
CillaH Offline

Roland doesn't specify exactly what the keys are made of but they are not made "entirely of wood".
There's a video clip on their website which states they have replicated the feel of ivory and ebony keys and the keys themselves "are a two piece structure consisting of a natural look base material with an ivory feel surface". No mention of wood (although I guess if you don't listen carefully it's possible to mistake the words "natural look" for "natural wood"!)

http://media.roland.com/en/v/v0431/v043102M.mov

#679045 - 10/03/07 12:31 AM Re: Roland HP-207
Kawai James Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Thank you for your response CillaH, yes I was referring to fogwall's earlier post ('wooden feel'), while HP207 review in the current issue of the UK 'Keyboard Player' magazine actually states that 'the keys are wooden with an ivory finish'.

Kind regards,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#679046 - 10/03/07 01:53 AM Re: Roland HP-207
eJohn Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
There's a thread on the wood/plastic key issue.

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/3545.html

The thing you should probably pay attention to
is the action and the key surface material.
The material underneath (wood or plastic)
doesn't matter.

#679047 - 10/20/07 01:31 PM Re: Roland HP-207
Daren Offline

Loc: Staffordshire,England
Now that you have your Hp207s,any chance of a nice classical demo for us to hear?

Regards
Daz

#679048 - 10/20/07 10:14 PM Re: Roland HP-207
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CillaH:
I could have had the Satin Black this week as they had one in stock but opted to wait for the Mahogany finish. Still no word on when it might arrive which does seem a bit odd if this is their standard model. [/b]
Maybe I've made a wrong assumption that the Mahogany is standard. I do know that they are bringing limited numbers of Satin Black into Canada, at least at this point in time.

#679049 - 10/21/07 02:47 PM Re: Roland HP-207
Robinn Offline

Loc: Antwerp
Last week I bought a Roland Hp-207. I like the sound and the action of my piano but one thing bothers me. The keys are making a clicking sound that you can hear very well.
My question : Is this normal and can you do something about it ?

Thanks in advance !

Robin.

#679050 - 11/02/07 08:13 PM Re: Roland HP-207
dbre Offline

Loc: US
 Quote:
Originally posted by jmbattle:
Thank you for your response CillaH, yes I was referring to fogwall's earlier post ('wooden feel'), while HP207 review in the current issue of the UK 'Keyboard Player' magazine actually states that 'the keys are wooden with an ivory finish'.

Kind regards,
James
x [/b]
I have an HP-207. I don't think the "sides" of keys are "made of wood" nor "have wooden feel" when I touch it. They might have "color of wood" with "plastic feel". \:\)

#679051 - 11/02/07 09:11 PM Re: Roland HP-207
dbre Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robinn:
Last week I bought a Roland Hp-207. I like the sound and the action of my piano but one thing bothers me. The keys are making a clicking sound that you can hear very well.
My question : Is this normal and can you do something about it ?

Thanks in advance !

Robin. [/b]
I have the HP 207 for about two months. I am not sure whether I heard the clicking sound you described but there are noises even when the power was off. But they are not a problem to me. I thought some of the noises are designed purposely to mimic the noises of hammers hitting the strings on real pianos. There is a setting for hammer noise but I didn't feel they made much difference between high (+2) and low setting (-2). You might want to play with if you haven't.

#679052 - 11/02/07 09:13 PM Re: Roland HP-207
eJohn Offline

Just had my HP-207 delivered yesterday, and yes, the keys are plastic (tops are plastic textured to feel like ivory, sides are plastic colored to look like wood, rather than real wood as Keyboard Player implies). If you touch the sides they feel like plastic - which they are - but this is not evident in normal playing. The wood color gives a placebo effect of wooden keys, which I suspect is identical to the effect of real wood.

On an unrelated note, have you had a chance to play with the graphic equalizer? I'm looking for a good setting that will "open up" the piano sound a bit.

Thanks,
-Eric

#679053 - 11/02/07 11:33 PM Re: Roland HP-207
dbre Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by eJohn:

On an unrelated note, have you had a chance to play with the graphic equalizer? I'm looking for a good setting that will "open up" the piano sound a bit.

Thanks,
-Eric [/b]
I haven't got a chance to play with the equalizer. I would think that the factory setting should be optimal, at least to most of the potential buyers in the regions they are selling. What part of the sound spectrum do you think is not perfect relative to what sound sources? Are the Briliant, Lid opening,or resonance setting not doing much to your need?

#679054 - 11/04/07 01:32 PM Re: Roland HP-207
Suryaman Offline

Loc: Italy&Orange County, CA
I played the HP207e, what a wonderful digital piano!

The action is very responsive, you can really feel the escapement, key's weight is right, the sound is simply awesome, rich and detailed.

Roland made a great job, for me this is the digital piano to beat.

#679055 - 11/05/07 01:16 AM Re: Roland HP-207
eJohn Offline

Agreed, the HP-207 is great. I liked it better than top of the line digitals from all the other makes/models I tried in the stores, and now I'm getting used to it in my home.

BTW, I did find a thread on EQ-ing this piano at

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=003170;p=0

The recommended settings are:

High Gain +12dB
High Freq 8.0kHz
High Mid Gain +4dB
High Mid Freq 2.5kHz
High Mid Q 2.0
Low Mid Gain -4dB
Low Mid Freq 500Hz
Low Mid Q 2.0
Low Gain +6dB
Low Freq 125Hz

This attenuates some of the middle frequencies and seems to make the sound clearer, without being too bright. I'm using it with a Heavy to Super-Heavy touch setting, and Lid all the way open. What do you think?

-Eric

#679056 - 11/05/07 05:26 PM Re: Roland HP-207
Suryaman Offline

Loc: Italy&Orange County, CA
Eric,
I played it in a store so I can't give you an opinion about the eq you suggest, sorry.

#679057 - 11/06/07 08:40 AM Re: Roland HP-207
dbre Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by eJohn:
Agreed, the HP-207 is great. I liked it better than top of the line digitals from all the other makes/models I tried in the stores, and now I'm getting used to it in my home.

BTW, I did find a thread on EQ-ing this piano at

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=003170;p=0

The recommended settings are:

High Gain +12dB
High Freq 8.0kHz
High Mid Gain +4dB
High Mid Freq 2.5kHz
High Mid Q 2.0
Low Mid Gain -4dB
Low Mid Freq 500Hz
Low Mid Q 2.0
Low Gain +6dB
Low Freq 125Hz

This attenuates some of the middle frequencies and seems to make the sound clearer, without being too bright. I'm using it with a Heavy to Super-Heavy touch setting, and Lid all the way open. What do you think?

-Eric [/b]
Probably need someones with extensive knowledge in the sound of Steinway's pianos, which Roland HPs are intended to simulate, to judge.

#679058 - 11/10/07 12:03 AM Re: Roland HP-207
livraf Offline

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale
Is there an online store that sells this piano ? I researched and it seem like this model is only available at authorized Roland dealerships.

#679059 - 11/10/07 10:17 AM Re: Roland HP-207
michaelv Offline

Do you have any idea how much HP 207 or HP 203 costs? thanks.

#679060 - 11/11/07 08:23 AM Re: Roland HP-207
Daren Offline

Ive been in 2 piano shops to look at Hp-207 and noticed the tops of the keys have marks and scraches that dont seem to rub off.They do feel good and grippy with cold hands though.Also when I tested the sound with the lid set to fully open and the volume about 3/4 the speakers seem to crackle a bit.Bare in mind that the speaker system is not the same over here in Europe.

Owners of this model have you noticed your key surface to mark easy and what do you think at higher volume settings.

#679061 - 11/12/07 04:56 PM Re: Roland HP-207
adrenalic Offline

Loc: MD. USA
hp207 is about $1000 more than hp203. Is it worth it?. opinions?

#679062 - 11/12/07 07:49 PM Re: Roland HP-207
eJohn Offline

HP-207 vs HP-203? When I bought the 207 I was interested in only the piano basics: The ivory-surface keys, the ability to permanently save custom settings (touch, equalizer, etc), and the way the controls are set back from the keys and hidden by the key cover in mid-position (with my old digital piano, I'd accidentally hit the buttons while playing).

These were worth the $$ to me, since they improved the every-day playing experience and made the digital seem more like a real piano.

#679063 - 11/16/07 04:40 PM Re: Roland HP-207
adrenalic Offline

Loc: MD. USA
HP207 wins.
My wife convinced me to get a console piano rather than a stage piano for home. this Piano is heavy, but worth every penny. My kids who I originally bought it for them been on it every day since I got it a week ago. Hopefully it will continue to attract them. sound and feel are amazing. I have a question tho. I connected my laptop to it and it works great. Do I need a CD drive or a floppy drive anymore, since I can play and record from/to the laptop?. is there any other use for the other equipment or is it a waste of money?.

#679064 - 12/05/07 05:52 AM Re: Roland HP-207
frydrych Offline

Loc: Poland
Hi all,

I'm new here.

I just bought HP 207e ELA (light oak version) two days ago. The piano both looks and sounds beautiful. The sound is rich and powerful, however I need to spend some time adjusting it to fit my rather small room and to find the tone and touch i like the best.

I just want to thank you for the opinions, discussions which guided me to this choice.

I see it is a great forum, and probably it won't be my last post here \:\)

Greg

#679065 - 12/05/07 04:26 PM Re: Roland HP-207
eJohn Offline

Greg,
Congratulations. I've had mine almost a month and am still discovering new things every day. I also hope it helps me become a better pianist.

#679066 - 12/07/07 06:40 PM Re: Roland HP-207
droah Offline

Loc: Malaysia
hi

I just got my HP207
I noticed that certain keys esp Ab5,if you strike it fairly hard and esp staccato, there is an
unpleasant sound accompanying the note -difficult to describe,like an echo
This also occurs with headphone but only with the 3D on otherwise with headphone the sound is not there, but without headphone it is there whether
3D is on or off.I was wondering if this could be
due to resonant effect since the room I placed the piano is quite small
Anyone of you notice this?

#679067 - 12/08/07 09:07 AM Re: Roland HP-207
Daren Offline

Thats it I made my mind up now and swapped my Hp-107 for the 207 and got a good deal,will be getting it on friday so I cant wait.
I played the clp-280 and the Hp-207 side by side in the same shop and went back on several ocasions and today I decided on the roland.

Regards
Daz

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
94 registered (Anticlock, anotherscott, AlanSanDiego, 31 invisible), 1183 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157224 Topics
2309203 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Blac
by Aviram
09/01/14 11:56 PM
Blackbird - Piano Cover - The Beatles
by Aviram
09/01/14 11:49 PM
Kawai CA95 Recordings
by wolferblade
09/01/14 11:32 PM
soviet upright piano "LIRICS"
by Maximillyan
09/01/14 11:22 PM
Question about 1975 Steinway L
by mahlers2nd
09/01/14 09:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission