Hi everyone,

I have a Yamaha P120 digital piano that's about 2 months old. This evening, I noticed that one of the keys has developed slightly metallic click when I press it at above mezzo-forte level. The click seems to be mechanical since it happens even when the power is off! The click definitely did not use to be there before; it's not very loud, but it's noticeable.

Interestingly, the first Yamaha I bought (2 months ago) had a very similar problem with a different key from the moment I took it out of the box. Fortunately, I was able to return it to the store right away and get the current keyboard which has worked just fine until now.

I was able to find this discussion thread on Google that is along these lines, but it's quite old (circa 1995).

Has anyone else had a similar (recent) experience? I find it very hard to believe that Yamaha products could have quality problems like this. I don't have a particularly hard touch--I play the same as I used to on an old upright, and the upright never complained. :-)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or thoughts you might have on this,

Razvan.