Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (Almaviva, Amosdoll, ando, AllanH, Anita Potter, 36251, 31 invisible), 1491 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#684775 - 02/09/07 04:15 PM YDP223
houman Offline

Well after lot of research, reviews, playing at stores, I narrowed down to the three models (YDP213, YDP323 and YDP223). Even though I had started looking at these digital piano's by seeing a Privia PX110 first at a Best Buy, I came to conclusions that Yamaha's are the way to go.

Is there a reason that the YP223 is better specs wise than the YP323, I figured higher numbers are better, but it does not seem so in this case.

I just thought that YDP223 seems the best for the buck, and the other two are good options as well, figured to invest on it.

I am like 99%, but not 100% on it. But getting there thought wise. I'd mainly use this to play Classical Piano.

-Houman

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Kawai Superb Stage Piano and Controller

Click Here

#684776 - 02/09/07 05:52 PM Re: YDP223
signa Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, USA
223 and 323 are almost the same, except 223 has 2 recording tracks instead of 1 on 323 (or 213). 213 also has lesser speakers. you might just choose the one you like the best.

#684777 - 02/10/07 02:28 PM Re: YDP223
Jacky Offline

Loc: CA
In addition to what signa said, 223 has 3 levels of dynamic sampling, while 323 has just one. Higher number is not necessary better in this case \:\) I have 323 myself and I play 223 in guitar center. Seems to me 223 has better sensitivity. Soundwise, I couldn't really tell the difference as guitar center is way too noisy.

#684778 - 02/10/07 06:49 PM Re: YDP223
houman Offline

Thank you for the replies...

so I was browsing (searching old threads) and reading lots on Yamaha website and was reading about GH3 vs GH/GHS

Does it make sense to spend more and get the CLP-230 ? Also what are the avg price these days for the CLP-230 ? It seems none of the websites (in US) carry it , and I only get sites in EU. Though it seems from the search threads that it is priced around $2k (+/- $500 margin)

Thanks
Houman

#684779 - 02/10/07 07:50 PM Re: YDP223
signa Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, USA
i would definitely consider CLP230 for its GH3 action, and even consider CLP240 for its better sound (over 230).

#684780 - 02/11/07 12:26 PM Re: YDP223
Agent Offline

The GH3 is a really nice action and the CLP-230 is a quality machine. I've heard prices ranging from $1500 to $2200.

Through their agreement with Yamaha, US dealers are not allowed to publicize their prices for the CLP, either on the internet or over the phone. You have to go in and talk price with them. Be prepared for a "car buying" experience.

I went in to every shop in my area (Roland, Yamaha, Kawai, Korg) and the dealer's attitudes will vary. I got the best price and customer service from my Roland dealer but it will probably be different in your area. Just have to go out and see. Good luck!

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot. They now sell the CLP230 in Polished Ebony. That option will increase the price anywhere from $200 to $500 more.

#684781 - 02/11/07 03:16 PM Re: YDP223
houman Offline

Agent: It's funny you posted, because I could NOT find any places online, it seems that for upper brand Yamaha's (Clavinova and higher), you have to call in. And when I called couple of Yamaha dealers, they told me I'd have to walk-in to hear their specials (of course they always have specials the day you call -- which I told them I wanted to buy in couple of weeks), and they all told me the price of MSRP of $2500 unless I go in and see it (which sounded like a car sales type of business).

I'll go check them out, I usually tend to drive car salesman nuts ;\) so it can't be that bad.

Houman

#684782 - 02/11/07 03:51 PM Re: YDP223
Agent Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by houman:
....I usually tend to drive car salesman nuts ;\) so it can't be that bad.

Houman [/b]
Heheh. Me too. I got the Kawai dealer so upset he told me to "..go buy your keyboard from Yamaha."

My recommendation would be to shop around first. Find what you like and don't like with Action, Sound, Features. Then when you are ready, go to the places where you found the keyboards you liked and go armed with prices you found on the web. The good dealers know that there is something called the "Internet" and will do their best to give you a price that's fair.

I would highly recommend buying from a local store if you can. You may never need the extra customer service that they can offer but if you ever do, the extra $100 or so dollars will have been worth it. I speak from personal experience.

#684783 - 02/11/07 04:09 PM Re: YDP223
houman Offline

Oh yeah I agree, I do not want to buy online, but I want to get a price online so when I go there, I have a reference... which unfortunately I do not.

Also I'd rather buy local, in case something goes wrong, it's easier to have someone take a look at it if you bought it online.

-H

#684784 - 02/11/07 06:22 PM Re: YDP223
Craigen Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: West Coast
YDP series Yamaha digitals are a cheaper line typically sold through MI, Musical Instrument, dealers.
CLP Yamaha Clavinova digitals are their best quality and typically sold through piano dealers.

CLP units will have a more authentic touch GH3, and slightly more record capability. Piano dealers will typically provide professional delivery and assembly at wholesale rates or included in your purchase.
CLP units will come with an instructional DVD as a quick start addition to the owner's manual.
Most importantly,
CLP models are now comming with a 5 year parts AND labor warranty, effective 2-1-2007, that is "in home" service.
YDP's come with 1 year warranty (you pay the shipping to Yamaha and back)

#684785 - 02/12/07 01:47 AM Re: YDP223
houman Offline

Thank you for the clarification, definitely I am hooked on the CLP's. Is there a place where I could lookup CLP recommended pricing ? Kinda like what car sites give you to get the lows and highs for the different models ?

Thanks

Moderator:  Piano World 
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Young Chang Grand "Growing Brackets"
by Bill Bremmer RPT
25 minutes 16 seconds ago
MP7 Tonewheel settings - some ideas may be of interest
by OneWatt
Today at 09:14 PM
Will a 7-footer be too big for my living room?
by twocats
Today at 07:53 PM
long distance piano moving
by koi88
Today at 06:44 PM
Consistancy of Pitch measurement and iH calculations
by prout
Today at 06:33 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,968 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,386 Topics
2,398,019 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission