2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, booms, 10 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
I know, I know, I've been busy bragging about my new 240 (which I love!) But today, working on some of the same music I have been working on since I got it, I noticed on the lowest e and the b up from it and both of their flats a buzzing that goes on as long as I sustain the note. I called the dealer who recommended I check around for anything vibrating near it so I removed everything from the piano and what I could remove around it and moved it out from the wall as much as I could and it continued. They put a service call in on it and I am planning on moving it to another room when my husband gets homes just to make sure it isn't the blinds or the curtain rod or something attached to the wall that is vibrating, but I know I didn't hear it yesterday.

Anyone had any similar experience or have any idea what it could be?

Thanks!

Carol
"You knew what a frightful girl I was when you married me. I did not deceive you, Sir."
Sorry to hear about your problem frown I hope the resolution is quick and painless. Please let us know how it goes. Maybe since they are coming anyway they can bring your new CLP270 and exchange it at the same time wink

OP Offline
Hmmmmmmmm (lightbulb over my head turns on). You may be right about that, Agent. We'll see!
Thx!

Carol
"You knew what a frightful girl I was when you married me. I did not deceive you, Sir."
OP Offline
Okay so I turn it off and run errands for a few hours and come back...and the buzzing is gone. I did have it on for 3 hours or so when the buzzing started, which is probably longer than I'd ever had it on. Can that be a problem on digitals?

I'm going to keep it on for a few hours to see if it happens again. There is definitely something fishy though and I'm going to keep on them until it gets fixed.

Thx!

Carol
F
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
F
Leaving it on shouldn't affect the keys, but you may want to have it on for several hours before the people come to look at it.

Carol,

How did this situation work out for you?

OP Offline
Hi Agent. Yamaha was great. They sent a technician out and it was vibration from the two chains hanging from our ceiling fan near the piano! The tech also opened up the top and tightened the speakers.

So I do still have my CLP240 (instead of the 270/280 upgrade), but I am just so thrilled with it that I can't complain.

Thanks for asking!

Carol

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Wow. I *never* would've guessed that a digital could have those kinds of sympathetic vibration problems, though of course as soon as I type that I realize it's silly to think that they wouldn't.

Very interesting. And I'm glad it worked out well for you. Kudos to Yamaha for good customer service. thumb

Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Monica,

When I was experimenting with my sampler piano setup a week ago, everything sounded great, except for this single note an octave up. Drove me to distraction (it distorted softly when i played the key soft, hard when played hard, even appeared in my recordings) smile , I kept thinking the cables, keyboard, software or computer was at fault until I wised up and started looking around for an external source, found it in the grill on my PC (two metal screens were vibrating in sympathy was causing the noise (which really sounded as though it was coming from the speakers).

[Linked Image]
I'm really glad that Yamaha came through as promised. It shows their customer loyalty is well-deserved. The solution is also good to know for future reference! What a strange phenomenon.

T
T
When most materials get warm they expand slightly. This can cause parts to get a little loose and start buzzing. Assuming the transformer is external, I'm not sure if this is your problem but it is worth mentioning.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission