2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, Colin Miles, 36251, 11 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
Hey guys, a couple weeks ago I posted saying I had a faulty key, that made an annoying clicking noise each time it had returned from being pressed. I had that exchanged for the same model.

This one has no clicking key, but it lacks so much in quality. If I looked further into the older one I had, I probably would've found this too.

The touch and sound is great. The key quality itself is garbage though. Every "C" (I'm still learning piano, forgive me if I'm wrong on the notes) key on the piano makes a click noise when struck on an angle. What's with that? It's not that big of an angle at all, normal playing angle I'd say. If I don't hit the key exactly straight on, but hit it on the left side, it makes a disgusting click. Even if I don't press the key down.

When I don't touch the piano for a while, some keys, mainly in the treble, "crunch" the first time I press them down after a couple of hours. Again.. what the heck? Some keys are also not the same height (not a very big problem as the height difference is very minimal).

Anyone else experiencing these quality problems? I find these distracting my playing and thinking about just returning it.. I was quite happy to find this on sale while looking for a digital piano in my price range and didn't expect this at all.

Very disappointed in the quality of this. It was normally priced at $599 CDN here which is a great deal considering it came with the stand and bench, but so far am not pleased.

if you don't mind me asking, where did you buy this in Canada? (I'm in Toronto btw)

A
OP Offline
A
London Drugs. It's $599 normal which I think is a great deal, but got even better at $399 clearance. There were only 2 left.

And yes, they were new.

Were the units you had previously returned? Either you are very unlucky, very sensitive or there was a reason those were extra cheap.

How loud are these clicks? Casio key action is not known for being quiet. The keys on my Privia PX-310 are a bit loose (moreso than when it was new) and they bounce and rattle when released because of the lack of a felted bar to stop against. If I turn the sound off I can hear various noises from the keys and hammers as I press the keys. I don't think I've ever heard anything I would describe as a 'crunch' though. It can sound pretty cheap which is why I like to use headphones so I don't have to hear it.

If I look carefully along the keys I can see differences in hight, probably around a millimeter. How much difference do you see?

It's hard to take a guess without actually hearing or seeing how significant these issues are, but if they really bother you then you aren't going to be happy with it and should probably take it back.

A
OP Offline
A
Too late to take it back now. Worse case scenario I'll just send it in and make them do something.

I mean, if any of these problems are "legitimate," it's the one that I care less of. Two notes on my left speaker make a background screech when pressed. This is completely eliminated in external speakers and/or headphones. So, it's a fault of some sort to get it in there at least and possibly replaced by warranty.

No one is complaining about the key problems though, so I guess I'll just suck it up. I'm a BIG picky person for quality. If my cellphone has cheap plastic and "creaks" when I squeeze it, it must go, lol.

I don't mind the clunking and such, its just every C note makes that click noise when struck on an angle, and one in particular feels very loose and very clicky when pressed on an angle.

The height thing is about what you're talking about too, a millimeter - so no problem there.

The sound and touch are too great for what I was looking for to go for nothing. My other option for that same price was the Yamaha Np-30 bundle which is just awful in comparison. So I'll stick with this.

Thanks! And no, these were fresh out of factory, non-opened brand new items. So, these aren't faults that were already known.

S
S
Hi Adrenaline
I have returned 2 px320 (much to my regret). The first one had the rattling noise (which could be fixed tightening the screws in the bottom, which I learned in the amazon site comments), but it also had uneven changes in pitch. It was clearly defective, amazon received it back no problem. But I got hooked on the feel of the keybard and the sound ... so I bought another this time from bestbuy. This one had a different issue: when playing the middle set of keys the tone changed noticeably. I could not live with it and I returned it. I think that the only way I will keep the casios is if I have the chance to test 20 of them and select the best one. Maybe it was bad luck but it seems that they have a quality control issue. But to the feel and sound they are my favorites (I have not tried $5000 keyboards)
End of my two cents and first post here -- this is a wonderful site, I am a new user but long time lurker

A
OP Offline
A
I have no such problems, and haven't heard of those problems.

I'm sorry to hear that though, they are truly great pianos for the price. I personally didn't need the features on the 320, so I went for the 120 instead.

Hope you get one that doesn't disappoint!

I'm just going to live with it, and wait until a couple months to call it in for warranty and get a brand new one hopefully through warranty.

A
OP Offline
A
I guess the keys problem is something everyone has, saw youtube vids.

It only bothers me, but I am nitpicky about these things.

I'll send it in for warranty for the left speaker issue, but if the keybed remains the same, then I guess I'll learn to live with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission