2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (brennbaer, Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
OP Offline
C
Hello Everyone!! I am new to this board but excited to be here. I have just decided to buy a digital piano and I am SOOO excited. I think I have decided on Roland- I've heard only good things about Roland. Today, I was quoted $2575 for a Rolan
d KR-3 that has been used in a local community college piano lab for the last year. The warranty is the same as for a new one. They have 4 I could choose from at this price and they are all beautiful and look new. I also looked at the KR-5. The price I was quoted was $3995 in mahogany finish and $4395 in oak. Is this a decent price? The salesman didn't talk to me about a KR-7, but after reading a few of the posts here- I'm wondering if I should look at it? Any suggestions for me? Any comments would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS

Christean,

If they have a KR-7 that's used, seriously consider it. (or even a new one) You won't be sorry. There a jump in quality from the 3 to the 5 to the 7. I own a 7 (in oak) and love it. Try to spend time comparing the different models by playing them and reading the specs. I like to buy something I can take time growing into, rather than buying something I can grow out of easily. I've had my 7 for a year and a half and I'm still discovering things about it. Besides being a great piano, it provides hours of entertainment.
My advice, get the best you can afford and then have fun.

Happy hunting!

Tim
C
OP Offline
C
OK- I've done a bit more looking around and I have decided not to buy the Roland KR-3, even though I think it was a good deal. I think I would be better off with the KR-5. I have had 2 salesman tell me now that there isn't a whole lot more features to the KR-7, compared to the KR-5. The biggest difference is a bigger sound and placement of the speakers in the KR-7. I think the KR-5 sounds great and I will be happy with the way it sounds. I am thinking I would like the oak finish- but none of the stores around here have a sample model to look at. Only pictures on the website. I am going to have to drive 2 1/2 hours to look at at a KR-5 in the oak. So- I am still trying to decide. I also went and looked at Kawai today. Maybe it is because I had a stupid saleslady who didn't know any of the features, but I wasn't all that impressed. Kawai seemed confusing and not as user-friendly as roland...but I loved the cabinetry. It is a big step up from roland. Anyway- I am trying to be smart with this investment and find what I will be most happy with.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission