2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, 6 invisible), 1,935 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
OP Offline
N
Hello guys,

All the instruments of my Roland RD 300 GX work fine except the piano. With every note I play I hear a high pitched tune through it. It's horrible and killing me.

It's probably something in the settings because it wasn't there before I tried to adjust the piano sound more to my wish. I went through every function in the one touch piano set up but it makes no difference. The disturbance is still there.

If you don't know it I'll call the service center of Roland. Maybe I also can download the fabric settings?

By their fruits you shall know them.
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Have you tried restoring the factory defaults? On my RD300SX you press "EDIT" then use the INC or DEC buttons to select "Utility"; then press "ENTER"; press "Organ" (so that the screen shows "Fct"); then use the "Enter" key twice to reset.

It may be similar for the GX (or not!).

However, in the manual under "Troubleshooting", where the problem is that "a high-pitched whine is produced", it states`that a metallic reverberation is normal when using "vibrant, sparking sounds" that "contain a large high-frequency component"; and suggests that one might want to reduce the amount of reverb applied to the sound.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
New Kid - I'm not at my RD300GX or its manual at the moment but I think resetting to the factory default would likely solve your issue. If you can't find the instructions let me know and I'll post them here later.

N
OP Offline
N
voxpops I'll try that. I will see my piano this friday (having a job in the other part of the country now) and than I will chekck it out.

I actually already checked the manual for the factory defaults but couldn't find it.

I shall also check out the reverb.

N
OP Offline
N
It all didn't work. Im pretty mad with Roland. The repair guy brought me this device back while it still sounds bad:S

Hey! Check on the Roland website for updates! They may have already fixed the problem you just have to download it into the RD

Good luck.

I'm already fed up with my RD-700SX

Haha now I find myself with the same problem on my RD-700SX. I'm gonna call their tech support line. I wanna throw mine out tha window!

D
D
Are you guys sure you didn't just start noticing the whine after playing for a while? I actually heard a lot of flaws in the showroom Roland 300's and 700's I tried when I was shopping for pianos, and it was enough to be a show stopper for me despite how much I loved the feel of the keybed. I think there may be a firmware update that solves the problem; go google for it.

I bought my much lower end Yamaha P85 because I thought it sounded better, and now months later I'm hearing sounds that drive my crazy. (the key release samples are adding a metallic overtone to my bach inventions) It is also entirely possible that your perception or piano repertoire shifted.

Good point Drew! I think my mistake was not hearing the boards through headphones!!

I've managed to figure out that playing the board without the onboard eq doesn't mess with the sound too much. I was hearing a hissing sound. (Not pretty! HAH)

To answer your question, I guess hearing and playing it with the effects helped me in choosing it.

Now I strip all the effects off by default and each time I pull up a sound, I quickly change the effects to my liking. It's fast and easy on this board. Again, just CAN'T use that onboard-eq- crap!

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission