2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, 3 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
OP Offline
L
I've read some posts on here debating what keyboards a person should or should not purchase. It seems the overwhelming majortiy of people think the Yamaha P120 is the way to go. However, as I just stated, I don't quite have the money to spend on such a nice piece of equipment. I've noticed some people say the Casio PX100 is a good option, yet others have really tried to push people away from that.

So here's my question: Should I buy the PX100 now so I can at least learn to play on a keyboard with weighted keys, and then buy a much nicer (say P120) piano in a year or so, when I have - hopefully - made a great deal of progress? Or should I wait probably five or six months so I can save up for a P120, however, miss out on time learning how to play.

I'm leaning more toward the PX100 option for a couple of reasons. A) I can start playing now; B) I still get weighted keys; C) If, for whatever reason, I decide that playing the piano is not what I was expecting, I'm only out 500 bucks instead of 1000; Finally) If I decide I LOVE playing piano, I could still purchase the better piano later.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Tim K

Tomorrow is another day,
Anoter chance to make things right-
A chance to fully live your life.
D
D
You've already answered your question, don't you think? wink
Ever considered the Yamaha P60? You might find it for 700 bucks, or less if used and it's miles away from many digital pianos, even better than some of the more expensive ones (in the aspect of keyboard feel and sound quality.)

Visit my architecture studio website (it's new and soon to be available in english)
Protoform Studio
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
yes, px100 is good enough for beginners, especially if you never played any piano before. if you would have a million dollars later, you could replace this with a better one then. i started playing on a 49-key keyboard without weight out of fun initially, and has upgraded twice since until i get a digital piano.

Try out casio PX-400R if it's available in your area. For $799, you'll be amazed.

Meg
A
A
My advice is to save and buy more than you can afford. I started out with a Yamaha P120 and it seemed like it would last me a while as I wasn't sure how much I would get into piano. I ended up buying an upright Bohemia as I love playing right now.
I have a Yamaha P120 for sale if you are interested.

It is 2.5 years old. Here are a list of the extra accessories that I purchased along with the piano itself.
Piano Bench
Piano Stand (it is a semi permanent structure)
Headphones, adapter
Dust Cover (there is no cover whatsoever and it attracts dust so easily)
Extended warranty until 3/2006
I got everything including tax for $1450. I am willing to sell this for $950. Let me know if you are interested. I have to make room for my upright!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission