Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#696793 - 08/06/04 10:47 AM Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
Mr. Doody Offline

Loc: MA USA
greetings all. my first post here - go easy on me ;\)

my understanding is that the HPi-7 is now moving through the sales channel in the US. my dealer has not yet received any, but i'm wondering if others have and whether anyone here has been able to play with it and has comments to share.

anybody know what MSRP is supposed to be?

thanks,
doody.

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Click Here

#696794 - 08/08/04 07:07 AM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
DeAntonio Offline

Loc: United Kingdon
I have the Roland KR-577 digital flagship upright, and I heard that the HP (higher range) use the sound sampling as there KR Compatriots. They Come highly recommended by me.

HOWEVER, if youre looking for a very bright piano sound, then Yamaha may be your cup of tea. I've not checked the specs of late, but it will probably have a brilliance knob for changing the tone.

What was important to me, though, was the touch of the Piano, and with the Roland's action it did not dissapoint. I have a Kawai RX-2 Piano, and have little difficulty, if any, adapting to the Acoustic from the digital.

Much easier to record digitals too;)

Antonio

#696795 - 08/19/04 04:56 AM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
Mr. Doody Offline

bump!

hmmmm - nobody? anybody? anyone? buehler? \:D

maybe they're not quite as imminent as i've been led to believe....

still obviously interested in impressions if anybody has been able to touch or purchase one.

thanks!
doody.

#696796 - 08/23/04 09:41 PM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
Kenpcola Offline

Loc: Pensacola, FL
Hi there,
They sell around 2500 pounds in England. MSRP in the U.S. should be around 4000. Hasn't noticed any dealer with sticker on this digital piano.$3500 should be "reasonable" price for a period of time I guess.Cool if you can make a deal below this price.

#696797 - 09/24/04 07:05 PM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
ProPianoGuyBC Offline

Hi There!
Well....Good News for you! I have had a fair bit of hands on time with the HPi-7. First and foremost.... I have found the piano sound to be as good as any of the higher end Roland Digitals.
In playing around with the "Digiscore" notation function, I found that it works fabulously with SMF files and the 3 steps of Visual Lessons are a great educational tool for the beginner player. I don't know if you have seen the HPi5 before but the blue LCD screen showed 4 bars of score when not zoomed in. The new COLOUR display on the HPi-7 shows 8 bars unzoomed! I played around with the recording on the 7, and found it to be really easy to use. I recorded "Maple Leaf Rag" on it without designating tracks, time signature or key signature. It separated the left and right hands, Added the correct key signature and found the time signature automatically! You can go in and add the fingering to what you have recorded or to an existing SMF/GM file. I also was able to change individual notes that I unfortunately played wrong! Not too many dealers have them yet in Canada but I was lucky to find a dealer who got one of the first here in Vancouver. \:\) Any more questions please ask.

#696798 - 09/25/04 12:32 PM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
Mr. Doody Offline

thanks propianoguy! i heard that the us msrp is something just over 5000 (5250?).

doody.

#696799 - 09/25/04 03:54 PM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
ProPianoGuyBC Offline

That sounds expensive! MSRP here in Canada is $5295! I coulda had it for about 4900!

#696800 - 11/26/04 11:53 AM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
Groggy60 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I was thinking about getting an HP107, but now I am heading towards an HPi-7. I have little kids about to learn piano, and aren't we all students anyway.

The HPi-7 has the same keyboard as the HP107, so there is no issue there. Wonderful keyboard.

For the HPi-7 I was quote MFSP $5795Can, and they will sell it for $5395Can.

I played an HPi-5, a HP103 and an HP107 at the piano store. My hope is that the HPi-7 sounds as good as the HP103. Would this be true?

#696801 - 11/26/04 06:04 PM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
wallacetai Offline

Loc: Melbourne
I owned the HP103, but I can only comment that HP107 has better sound than HP103. Maybe it's becasue the new design of the HP107 Grand Space speaker system, it makes you feel that the high note is coming from the top and the bass sound is coming from the bottom. Dynamic Emphasis make the sound more lively too ...

#696802 - 11/26/04 06:51 PM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
ProPianoGuyBC Offline

Hey George,
The HPi-7 has the same sound engine as the HP107 and the same action too! If you have children taking lessons, you will want to definitely consider the HPi-7! Well worth it! I have had the opportunity to try the Visual Lessons and they are a great supplement to weekly lessons....kinda fits into the philosophy of my signature...It allows for perfect practice.
Go for it!
ProPiano

#696803 - 11/30/04 08:09 AM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
Groggy60 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thanks ProPianoGuy. I was told that putting money down on a HPi-7 would help the dealer get one sooner, since HPi-7's are very difficult to get. The dealer had one and got to try for a day before the piano teacher that ordered it got it, trading in her HPi-5. The store guys thought the sound was not as good as the HP107, but also said they didn't have a chance to play with it much. One of them said it was the same as the HPi-5, but the brochure said it had new sound.

So, based on what I have tried and heard, and what has been said here. The HPi-7 will not sound quite as good as a HP107 because of the speakers, speader placement, and the Grand Space stuff. But it will sound better better than an HP103.

That's great! The HP107 is amazing but I loved the HP103 too.

I was warned the the prices will go up at NAMM in January, so I will want to move on this before then.

#696804 - 11/30/04 11:22 PM Re: Roland HPi-7 - any owners out there yet? comments? reviews?
wallacetai Offline

Loc: Melbourne
I love my HP103 too \:\) I can't afford the HP107 though, but from the information and the demonstration of the store person, the HP107 did sound better because of more realistic sound sampling, plus the grandspace speaker design and of course the speaker is more powerful.

However, to be honest, most of the time I practise, I practise at night with my headphone. Also the HP103 is smaller than HP107, which can fit nicely "next" to my bed \:\) Depends on the price difference, if you love HP103 and you are new to piano learning, the much more expensive HP107 may not give you the value for money compared to HP103. Just my comments. However, if money is not an issue, then GO FOR IT !!!

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
116 registered (anamnesis, 36251, aesop, *windowlicker*, 36 invisible), 1264 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75893 Members
42 Forums
156828 Topics
2304401 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuning Database
by Sean Montgomery
08/21/14 05:35 AM
POSTING PICTURES
by bluebilly
08/21/14 03:19 AM
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
08/21/14 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
08/20/14 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
08/20/14 11:45 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission