2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (drumour, Foxtrot3, johnesp, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 7 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#696905 03/04/05 04:18 AM
My reply to Propiano and cobs...
I would like you to realise that I am very happy and satisfied chatting with you guys. I have been learning and giving MY OPINION...
I don't think anyone should go and buy any piano models because of our words here, they should go and feel it. Everything is like that. Buying a car, TV or even getting married smile
I felt that Balparda likes Roland Products as he mentioned in his query all about Roland. So it means, he has already liked the Roland and just wanted to learn whether he has been doing sth right or wrong. That's why, I thought that there would be no need to discover America again. By his demands and words, I thought Roland FP2 would be best for him.
Regarding FP3, as Trihai stated, there are no speakerphones on it. So, this model shouldn't be advised to Balparda. It also bulkier than FP2...
Propiano, we are not able to state all the things by words and facts on this world. I wish we could... On paper, you can show the specs, but when you sit in front of a piano, what you feel is important. I really felt good with FP2 rather than FP5 although it is better regarding specs. I will go for RD700 soon, but still thinking about FP2 because it is so easy to get on with...
A

#696906 03/04/05 04:26 AM
Sorry,by mistake I couldn't complete my words. I would like to do so now. So, I or all of us are here, for just giving our feelings and opinions, otherwise, all the readers are able to go to the shop in person or browse internet and find the specs of all kind of pianos. PEOPLE COME AND READ ALL THESE WORDS HERE TO LEARN OUR FEELINGS, RATHER THAN FACTS... smile So, I tell all of you my feelings with the facts that it is a quality, compact piano. It has all the features Balparda wants, even more than he needs. It is a very easy piano regarding mobility. My feelings says to me that he likes Roland so he should go to that way unless FP2 is not able to give his needs... He must have read us so he can saysth about all this. ta:)

#696907 03/04/05 07:27 PM
lantisf,

Understood! I think the language barrier is one issue.
But it is a really tough not to listen when someone asks for an opinion and gets a response like "yamaha is not for you" or "FP-3 is not as good as FP-2" There are many different opinions. just remember to state them as that!
English is not your first language right?
Part of the confusion I think comes from that.
Please continue to stay around and post but just remember that when we offer information we know to be factual we say so. And when we offer opinions based on personal preference it is DOUBLY important to mention that!
PPBC

#696908 03/04/05 08:24 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hey guys... thanks a LOT for all your kind comments smile I really needed to make sure I was making the right deal with the FP2 smile

Btw, I have two other questions that are *almost* unrelated to the thread, just some random thoughts...

1. I already own a Yamaha CLP-120... comparing it to the FP-2, which one has better sounds and feel? They both have almost the same price, and the Yamaha has all the fancy wood and stuff, so I'm assuming that the FP has better electronics and samples... am I right?

2. wth is sth? :p

Amy Lee is hot...
#696909 03/04/05 08:49 PM
Balparda,

The Difference between the piano sample on the FP-2 and that of the CLP-120, is that the sound of the FP-2 is of the multi-sampled variety while the sample of the CLP-120 is one sample.

Essentially what this means is that the response of the FP-2 is able to more closely mimick that of an acoustic piano. When you play the FP-2 harder not only do you get a louder tone but a difference in character and timbre.

The Yamaha piano can change in volume only.

Some like the sound of Yamaha and some Roland... In this case the degree of realism is the issue and a multi sampled piano sound will almost always sound more realistic than that of a single sample level.

Hope that helps.

PPBC

#696910 03/04/05 09:42 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks ProPiano smile I had no idea there was a difference between "sampling layering technology" (Just a name I'm making up :p )... I thought the only difference where that some samples had like better recording, more RAM and stuff smile

And what abou the feel of the keys? which one is better? I'd assume the CLP-120 more closely resembles that of a 'real' piano because it has a bigger hammer system, but one again I'm just assuming :p

-Jon

Amy Lee is hot...
#696911 03/05/05 01:58 AM
I think the language barrier is one issue

Propiano,

You are right, this is not my mother taunge. I am Turkish if you are interested. But I think what I have been saying was clearly understood as u mentioned:) So I have no idea what kind of barrier you are talking about mate... I didn't recommend FP3 and P120 because of his words NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD PIANOS. If you take a closer look at his words, you will realise that there some prerequisites so FP2 will fit the bill. Cheers:)

#696912 03/05/05 02:01 AM
Please continue to stay around and post but just remember that when we offer information we know to be factual we say so

To Propiano,

Although I have a limited English, I think you sounded a bit rude here. Thank you for allowing me to stay around here...

#696913 03/05/05 02:14 AM
to Balparta,

Because of your recent questions, I think there is no need to talk any more about what you wanted to know... Because you have diverted the topic upside down. For me, the end... smile

#696914 03/05/05 05:09 AM
C
C
Yes, if the FP2 has multi-sampling then it will sound better than the CLP120. As you said Balparda, the clue is in the price, the money on the FP2 is spent on sound quality, the money on the CLP120 is spent on the cabinet.

Its the same as the Difference between CLP120 and P120, P120 sounds better but lacks the cabinet.

A proud employee of Yamaha-Kemble Music

(please scan all posts with bias scanner...)
#696915 03/05/05 05:15 AM
C
C
Originally posted by Balparda:

And what abou the feel of the keys? which one is better? I'd assume the CLP-120 more closely resembles that of a 'real' piano because it has a bigger hammer system, but one again I'm just assuming :p

-Jon
There's no reason why the key feel of the CLP120 will be better than the FP2 because of its size.

There's no definitive answer here, some prefer Yamaha feel some prefer Roland feel. You'll have to try them both to decide.

#696916 03/05/05 05:17 AM
C
C
Originally posted by Balparda:
Thanks ProPiano smile I had no idea there was a difference between "sampling layering technology" (Just a name I'm making up :p )... I thought the only difference where that some samples had like better recording, more RAM and stuff smile

-Jon
Just to let you know, if you want a piano that looks like the CLP120, but with multisampling, then this is the CLP130, the next model.

#696917 03/06/05 08:04 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Just one last question... this is the last one, I swear :p

I was thinking on buying a stand for the FP2... Somebody told me that music123.com has a stand for the FP5 and that it can also be used with a FP2... is this true?... The Roland webpage says both FP have the same serial number for their stands (therefore it's the same stand), but the one on music123 doesn't have any serial numer nor picture, so I don't know if this is the same stand... any help?

-Jon

Amy Lee is hot...
#696918 03/07/05 12:47 AM
Hi there,

You can find its original stand by clicking the address below... smile

http://www.bananas.com/productlist2...ory_Keyboards/subcategory_Digital-Pianos

#696919 03/07/05 12:59 AM

#696920 03/07/05 03:16 PM
Sounds like the fp-2 is worth a look, we seem to warm to rolands sound more. Found the price to be around £775, great, but then the roland stand is a £135??? Was looking at the Roland HP102, though started to dismiss due to price, though adding up the stage piano route does make much difference. The other thing is the stage piano makes better use of space for us in our small home. Just some rants, sorry.

Take Care,

J

Take Care,

Jamie & Amy
#696921 03/07/05 04:59 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Another question... (Yes another one :p )

Are X-style and Z-style keyboard stands designed to be played sitting like a piano too? because I've always seen people using them standing... will I be able to use a Z-style stand as a normal piano stand?...

-Jon

Amy Lee is hot...
#696922 03/08/05 09:59 AM
C
C
Yes you can use X/Z style stands for sitting down.

I'd recommend the Quiklok WS550 workstation stand instead, it is much more practical in all ways.

#696923 03/17/05 10:00 PM
T
T
I need a digital to practice at night. It's very important for me because I only have time at night (when the wife and kids asleep). Last month, I got a great deal: bought a brand new Roland HP1 for only $400. However, when my sister saw the HP, she loves it, mainly because it's dirt cheap but it looks so nice. So she took the HP-1 away.

I had to shop for another digital piano and it's kinda hard to decide which one to get. I narrow it down to the Roland FP or Yamaha P90/120. I like the FP5 but it is way too much for me, especially for a spare one. I like the Yamaha P120's touch and sound but I don't like its look.

Finally, I came accross a local store which have an opened box FP3. Opened but barely used because it is a piano store. I guess that when people went to the piano stores, they mainly look for the acoustic pianos so not too many people tried it. I paid $1000.0 for this unit. It came with the stand/speaker mounts/a pairs of speakers/and a bench. I went to guitarcenter and bought the Sony MDR7506. LIFE'S NEVER BE BETTER GUYS. I love it.

PS: I haven't tried other sounds on the FP3 yet but I don't see any difference in Piano between the FP3 and FP5 and it's all I need .

Trihai

#696924 03/18/05 11:58 PM
G
G
Originally posted by lantisf:
I think FP2 will be better for you. It is very light, which is around 14 kg and compact. So very easy to get on with regarding mobility. Key action is a bit lighter than FP5 model but sound is NEARLY the same. If I were on your shoes, I would get FP2 definetely... smile
Lighter is cool, but trust me, you're going to regret not getting the FP5, which has SO many more sounds. I just wish they would've left out the "internal speakers" thing. I mean, come on, who uses those? Like I'm going to use the internal speakers at a gig. I guess they were trying to appeal to a beginning pianist who got a synth because the price of a real piano was out of range.

Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
http://www.orangetreesamples.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission