2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 8 invisible), 1,401 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
CSG!
You have a site of your own?
You don't say?

You're welcome. And thanks for reading it- with a site 80 times bigger than anything else on the internet, it must be hard to get through all of the fan mail.

go Red Sox!
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I remian astonished that everyone is saying goodbye....Frank, this is not ripe or fair.

jf

"Make the pie higher." GWB
Q
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Q
I apologized for my part in the nastiness and incivility in another thread.

I'll repeat that apology here.

As I said there, the person to whom the apology is owed, really, is Frank. I and others abused his hospitality by refusing to follow his house rules.

Here's why my apology is not directed to Matt:

"Congratulations on being a first-class jerk."

Even Matt has been unable to rise above the effluent.

The fact that my nastiness was typically reactive doesn't excuse it. It became Lord of the Flies around here ... the group dynamic deteriorated, and we didn't rise above the falling standards. Personally, I was guilty of conforming to what was happening, as opposed to what Frank said should be happening.

I'm not going to comment on whether others should apologize too, or what could be said about their unwillingness to do so. It would just start us down the wrong path again.

If you use lines like "a hyena with hiccups", you might be a redneck.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Human nature being what it is, the CR did pretty well as a non-moderated group. I've seen a lot worse, so I don't think any apologies are necessary. Frank's vision for PW does not align well with this type of forum; one with unrestricted access. I think in the minds of most here, the CR was working. Taking a step back and looking from Frank's perspective, maybe it wasn't.

So live your life and live it well.
There's not much left of me to tell.
I just got back up each time I fell.
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Posted by ny1911:
Human nature being what it is, the CR did pretty well as a non-moderated group. I've seen a lot worse, so I don't think any apologies are necessary.
I'd agree with this and add that insofar as any of us "identify" so tenaciously with what's said here, it's more often than not a *sign* that we need to stop taking it all so seriously. So for instance, even in my most rancorous exchanges with Larry, as soon as I read what he said, I would simply burst out laughing. Not that THAT would have any effect in changing our minds about those issues but the point being that ideally we should "evolve" to the point where we don't identify ourselves by our thoughts. We're so much more than that.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I apologize too. I know I've played a not insignificant role in all of this. When I first ventured into the CR, I was intrigued by and drawn into the discussions, but flabbergasted by what seemed to be the one-sidedness of all talk political. I rallied to try to drum up support for the liberal cause. In doing that, I became woefully aware of the lack of civility, which was much more disturbing to me than the lack of political balance. I then made it a mission to bring that issue to the forefront. Little did I know or plan, that in the process, I would be branded as one of the trouble makers and gather a cadre of detractors along the way. Such was never my intent.

I believe that my greatest offense (aside from being liberal whome ) has been in making sweeping generalizations about groups of people whose beliefs I don't share. When it was drawn to my attention by Dwain, I made an effort to tone down my posts. I came to understand how such comments can hurt (ironically, as I've recently tried to explain in the lawyer thread). This is my first foray into internet forums, and it took me awhile to get somewhat up to speed on group internet dynamics. I think I'm much more savvy in that regard now than I was two years ago, and I am committed to continuing to check my interactions here when called to do so.

I don't believe I have ever been vulgar or personally insulted anyone here, except in defense of repeated attacks lodged at me. I realize that even this is not excusable. But, IMO it really takes a saint to let it all roll off. A saint I ain't, although I will work at it until the die I day.

I have a lot baggage here and will unfortunately, aways be somewhat of a pariah in the eyes of some here. But I have never wished anyone here ill will, certainly not the forum, and I harbor a great deal of affection for many of you. I just wish that those of you whom I've offended in any way would realize this.

I really wish we could continue. I can't believe I am the only one who saw progress on the horizon. frown

M
M
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
I remian astonished that everyone is saying goodbye....Frank, this is not ripe or fair.

jf
Jack, I've always thought highly of you and although we often disagree, I can't believe you would claim this is somehow unfair.

Frank owns PianoWorld just as I own my business and I assume you own your practice. Frank can, as an owner, decide to do anything he wants regarding these forums. As its been said many times, this is his house and we are the guests.

I had a customer once that spent almost $100k per year with me that I "fired" because he treated my employees disrespectfully and it was affecting my ability to provide value for my other clients. I've never regretted that decision. If Frank believes that by tearing down the CR the balance of the forums will become a better place, who are we to argue. Just go find someplace else.

I wish you and yours all the happiness life has to offer.

Mark

New sig line in the works....
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I'm in a hurry, but I'll just say this to MattG:

If you think you're going to disappear that easily, think again, TheoryBoy! I don't let cool people drift off without a fight.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
heck, I saw worse in the MS Zone Backgammon rooms.

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
A LOT worse.

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
F
F
Yeah.

Whenever I tell people about "my forum", they are always AMAZED that we didn't get a moderator until now.

Granted I didn't read every thread everyday, I always thought that we were a pretty decent bunch, with only this past year as being rough and rowdy.

And I really thought that these last few months things were getting better...

Shoe!

F.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Tom--K:
An apology is not about understanding, it's about healing and forgivness.
So you advocate meaningless words just to smooth things over? laugh

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by gryphon:
[b] An apology is not about understanding, it's about healing and forgivness.
So you advocate meaningless words just to smooth things over? laugh [/b]
Not at all.

I have differences with lots of people here abouts, nothing has ever been personal on my part. I like everyone. I wish everyone well.

None of these arguments around here has ever been personal with me.

If I've offended someone, I'm sorry that they were hurt. I genuinely like everyone here.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
i like what MattG said. while i did enjoy some intelligent or harmless discussions of some subjects here, i did see more than enough nasty, ugly or extreme comments from some posters, which makes me careless about seeing this CR go. so be it...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I genuinely like everyone here.
Let me go on record here in these final hours of the PW CR as stating I definitely do not like everyone here.

In fact I would go well out of my way in real life to avoid some of the people I've met here. It's not them or me. It's simply the combination. I well know by now whom I'm compatible with and whom I'm not. It comes with age.

But I will state that I very much enjoyed you Tom and you too gryph, especially your irreverent senses of humor. I'll miss that.

Didn't mean to leave anyone out but since it's you two that had that interaction, I just thought I'd interject here.

(watch this space)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Whoa......

What have I been missing??

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Opus_Maximus:
Whoa......

What have I been missing??
Matt has a secret...

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Matt has a secret...
Naw, everybody knows.

I love Matt. He is even smarter and wittier than you...but just barely on the witty part.

It's not a secret, Tom.

jf

"Make the pie higher." GWB
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
[b] Matt has a secret...
Naw, everybody knows.[/b]
confused Sockpuppet? He wasn't Lazy Pianist, was he?

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I know, I love him too.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission