Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#708083 - 03/15/02 11:02 PM Re: Derick's life story:
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
iainhp - I didn't mean to come down that hard in my post, but it really irks me when people make such ridiculous comments about the US. That man's statement reminds me of the whiners who are upset over the US's "treatment" of the detainees in Cuba. You know, the ones who are being held for no good reason. I wish people would think a little - like the US government has nothing better to do than hold those particular Muslims for no good reason.

Penny - See, I am a good American! We just don't happen to agree on CEO salaries. If we could stay away from that topic, I bet you and I would be best friends. ;\)

Derick

[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: Derick ]

Piano & Music Accessories
#708084 - 03/16/02 01:07 AM Re: Derick's life story:
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
Go Derick! No need to sit on those hands, give 'em some of that digital communication. I would. \:D

#708085 - 03/16/02 02:57 AM Re: Derick's life story:
Penny Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Juan Capistrano, CA
Well, we both share a love of chocolate and pianos! So there is an excellent beginning. And I even agree with you that there are some outrageous bonus packages for CEOs who deserve it, believe it or not. But I'm not sure government intervention is the way to go. Active shareholder participation seems like the "obvious" choice for me.

So which half of the best-friends charm do you want??? ;\)

penny

#708086 - 03/16/02 05:57 PM Re: Derick's life story:
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Penny,

Yes, be both love chocolate and pianos and you agree with me that there are some outrageous bonus packages for CEOs who don't deserve it! We have to discuss different philosophies on how to make sure such inequities don't happen.

In the meantime, how 'bout we share a box of See's chocolates. Have you had them? They are from San Francisco (near you?). My mother-in-law sent us a box for Christmas. SWMBO hides them from me and doles me out 1 piece on Sunday. I could easily eat the whole box in 15 minutes. Anyway, I thought it was fantastic chocolate when I first had it, but had never heard of it. In the January edition of Consumer Reports they rated it "A Best Buy" and ranked it very near the $60/box chocolates. See's is only $12/box.

I get first dibs on the dark chocolates ones!

Derick

#708087 - 03/16/02 08:57 PM Re: Derick's life story:
Penny Offline
2000 Post Club Member

No way! Dark chocolate is the ONLY chocolate for me! See's is OK. I like their truffles. I'm really liking Scharfen-Berger these days. It's also from the Bay Area. I don't know why such great chocolate comes from San Francisco area (Guittard's, Giradheli). Here's a really interesting article from today's LA Times about chocolate:

article here

Enjoy!
penny

#708088 - 03/17/02 02:44 PM Re: Derick's life story:
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Penny,

Interesting article. But I see I'm going to have to fight you for those dark chocolates!
Anyway, do you have any suggestions as to who makes the best dark chocolates with liquor in them? Those are my favorites, particularly with Schnops in them. I'm not happy with any I've tried in the NY area.

Thanks,
Derick

#708089 - 03/17/02 05:58 PM Re: Derick's life story:
iainhp Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: San Diego
Well the kids finally let me on the internet but my brain is on a "go slow" so won't pick up the discussion I left off on Friday.

Saturday's paper had a good Dilbert.

Ever wonder why the British call it chocolate and milk chocolate instead of chocolate and dark chocolate? I assume because they consider dark chocolate (which they call chocolate) to be normal and milk chocolate to be watered down? Cadbury's Bourneville is my favourite.

You can make your own chocolate liquors. Buy a jar of marachino cherries, empty out the liquid, replace with the liquor of your own choice. Let marinade for about a month in the back of your refrigerator. Melt your favourite chocolate and dip the cherries into it and let cool. And voila!

#708090 - 03/17/02 09:52 PM Re: Derick's life story:
Penny Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Derick,
The best liquor-filled chocolates I've ever had come from Russia. Don't know where we can get them here. Will do some research! But if you're in New York, there's got to be an immigrant importing them, don't you think?

Russia makes wonderful dark chocolate. Russian chocolate must have the red dome with Russia written on it in cyrillic to be true Russian chocolate (some Swiss and German chocolatiers put pictures of Moscow and other Russian locales on their boxes to full ya!).

I wish I could import the Russia chocolate here. They'd make a fortune. I could even become the CEO of a big company! ;\)

penny

#708091 - 03/23/02 01:23 AM Re: Derick's life story:
Kathleen Offline

Loc: Washington
Mmmm, chocolate. Penny, you and I are of one mind when it comes to chocolate. Scharffenberger (sp?) is the best American chocolate I've found. In July, when the real strawberries ripen, we like to dip them in the dark chocolate.
Why is it that it's so tough to find good chocolate in the U.S.? Last time I was in Germany on a business trip, I went to the supermarket and just filled my cart with a suitcase full of chocolate and chocolate biscuits (I had to fed ex all my paperwork back to the office to make room in my suitcase). What is standard fare in Europe, is exceptional fare here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
65 registered (ando, allakart, Badinage, 25 invisible), 846 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76011 Members
42 Forums
157173 Topics
2308419 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bosendorfer 275
by PhilipInChina
08/31/14 03:07 AM
EDTA solution to clean pedals, handles, etc
by Olek
08/31/14 01:34 AM
AMusA exam questions
by Badinage
08/31/14 01:24 AM
ES7 - Gig Bag or Hard Case
by gbitw
08/30/14 11:07 PM
special gloves to reinforce good hand position
by Will1
08/30/14 09:10 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission