Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#723546 - 11/03/04 05:31 PM Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
yhabpo Offline

The dumb, the greedy, and the ignorant has elected their intellectual superior, Bush, for another term! Terrorists can operate freely without retaliation for another four years, as Bush will wage misdirected wars for his own personal and corporate interests. Enemies can watch America's economy plummet: no terrorist action can alone cause such disintegration of the economy.

I thought pianists or musicians in general were more civilized and intelligent than the ordinary folks. My prejudices were wrong. The number of Bush supporters here proves the contrary.

My words are backed by world opinion. By mob rule, the system that Americans cherish, what I speak is the truth.

Please note that I am not a Democrat or a liberal. Both political parties of America are equally worthless.

Piano & Music Accessories
#723547 - 11/03/04 05:59 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country

#723548 - 11/03/04 06:04 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
gryphon Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Okemos, MI

#723549 - 11/03/04 06:12 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
AKindWord Offline

Loc: Kentucky/Tennessee
Typical responses from Bush supporters.

AKindWord

#723550 - 11/03/04 06:18 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
jkeene Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Central Florida
Looking over the Coffee Room this evening I think someone left the Screed-o-matic out where children could play with it.

#723551 - 11/03/04 06:19 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Troyboy Offline

Loc: Ct
 Quote:
Both political parties of America are equally worthless.

So we would have read this same bilge in the event that Kerry won?! Do tell us how things are so much the better in your country.

Then again, who are we to argue with one backed by the power of world opinion?! :rolleyes:

#723552 - 11/03/04 06:52 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Ben D. Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
What's sad is his post has been totally lost on you wingers. It's not even worth explaining. Facts don't help when you're dealing with people who have no use for logic. Better luck next time, yhabpo. Really.

#723553 - 11/03/04 06:58 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Wow, for once I agree with my dear friend Ybhpoaobop, or whatever his dull name is. That being said, I think it quite humorous reading a Bush supporter state, "I feel much safer with Bush in offce.", when the purportedly most feared and dangerous terrorist on the face of the earth (Bin Laden), has just clearly and unequivocally stated in a speech that if Bush wins re-election he will bomb the U.S. Way to go guys! ;-)

#723554 - 11/03/04 07:22 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
iainhp Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: San Diego
If I understand this correctly, over the past 3 years Bush is the one out in public giving live speeches and shaking hands, and Bin Laden is the one hiding in a cave in the mountains of Afghanistan or Pakistan sending out video tapes, and you seem to admire Bin Laden?

#723555 - 11/03/04 08:10 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
 Quote:
Originally posted by yhabpo:
The dumb, the greedy, and the ignorant has elected their intellectual superior, Bush, for another term! [/b]
I am not dumb greedy or ignorant and I doubt if Bush is my intellectual superior..

yet I voted..

stood in line a couple hours... babysat Grandma for a couple hours so Grandpa could vote.

things will be fine..
you just ate your party line
totally adverse to mine
have yourself a glass of whine

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

#723556 - 11/03/04 08:18 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

If I understand this correctly, over the past 3 years Bush is the one out in public giving live speeches and shaking hands, and Bin Laden is the one hiding in a cave in the mountains of Afghanistan or Pakistan sending out video tapes, and you seem to admire Bin Laden?

You 'understand' very little obviously. As he was shaking hands and giving live speeches (being fed to him by earpiece), he was also landing on aircraft carriers proclaiming AN END TO ALL MAJOR CONFLICT, HERALDED BY A GIANT BANNER READING, "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!", while hundreds of AMERICAN SOLDIERS were being haplessly slaughtered left and right due to his utter inadequacy as president.

#723557 - 11/03/04 08:19 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
teachum Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: idaho
Apple strikes again! Hit the nail right on the head. I'm just full of cliches tonight. GUess I'd better go play my lovely piano. It's a good night and I don't have to watch politics.

Oh yes - I'm not dumb, greedy or ignorant either. :p

Estonia #6141 in Satin Mahogany

#723558 - 11/03/04 08:59 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
gryphon Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Okemos, MI
 Quote:
The dumb, the greedy, and the ignorant has[/b] elected their intellectual superior
Pot, meet kettle.
 Quote:
Terrorists can operate freely without retaliation for another four years[/b]
If you think that is true and you are worried about it, perhaps you can persuade your government to fight terrorism.

#723559 - 11/03/04 09:02 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
markjpcs Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
 Quote:
The dumb, the greedy, and the ignorant has elected their intellectual superior, Bush, for another term! [/b]
Insulting over fifty million people all at once does nothing for your credibility. In fact one might be lead to believe that you are dumb, ignorant and intellectually inferior to all of them.

Quote:
Terrorists can operate freely without retaliation for another four years, as Bush will wage misdirected wars for his own personal and corporate interests. Enemies can watch America's economy plummet: no terrorist action can alone cause such disintegration of the economy. [/b]
If you actually believe this then you are the intellectual inferior of anyone who voted for GW

Quote:
I thought pianists or musicians in general were more civilized and intelligent than the ordinary folks. My prejudices were wrong. The number of Bush supporters here proves the contrary.[/b]
Oh yeah, that's a great way to solidify your argument! Insult the intelligence of the good people of this forum. The people who helped reelect GW are way more civilized and intelligent then the likes of you who would just assume appease the do nothing people of the world while forsaking the security of this nation.

Just because you have a different opinion about the world than the majority of the people in this country proves nothing. You have only proven that you are as stupid, if not more than you say others are just for holding their beliefs. You prove how lacking in intelligence you are by admitting that you are prejudiced. To assume anything about a group of people just because they do or enjoy a specific activity can only be described as stupidity.

Quote:
My words are backed by world opinion. By mob rule, the system that Americans cherish, what I speak is the truth.[/b]
What you speak is garbage. Your words are backed by nothing than your need to vent your anger because your guy lost and lost big time. Oh wait! I see that he is not your guy because of your statement below. Do tell us, what would have been your preference? I know, I know, "Anyone by Bush!" right? Well it's exactly that attitude that got him re-elected in the first place.

Quote:
Please note that I am not a Democrat or a liberal. Both political parties of America are equally worthless. [/b]
Then what exactly are you besides ignorant of the world?

#723560 - 11/03/04 09:22 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
NAK Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
Please note that I am......worthless.[/b]
ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#723561 - 11/03/04 09:40 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
yhabpo Offline

Quote:
...then the likes of you who would just assume appease the do nothing people of the world while forsaking the security of this nation..
 Quote:
To assume anything about a group of people just because they do or enjoy a specific activity can only be described as stupidity.
I made a fair assumption regarding the worth of people who suppport murder. Republicans seem to hold in low esteem the people under the manufactured label of "terrorists". Why can't the politically aware Republicans reason that they are the same type of people as the "terrorists"? Please note the use of the term "politically aware Republicans". I didn't want to include the simple-minded or ignorant people that might not have such bad intentions.

As time passes, markjpcs' discourse will be held in the same regard as the people of today regard the Nazi party's literature.

#723562 - 11/03/04 09:44 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I suppose I will help my poor embattled friend out a little bit.

Quote:
Insulting over fifty million people all at once does nothing for your credibility. In fact one might be lead to believe that you are dumb, ignorant and intellectually inferior to all of them....The people who helped reelect GW are way more civilized and intelligent then the likes of you...You have only proven that you are as stupid, if not more than you say others are just for holding their beliefs. You prove how lacking in intelligence you are by admitting that you are prejudiced. To assume anything about a group of people just because they do or enjoy a specific activity can only be described as stupidity....What you speak is garbage.
You claim insulting people does little to ones credibility yet you have called him dumb(1), ignorant(1), intellectually inferior(1), stupid(2), and referred to his statements as garbage(1).

At this point, one might infer that insulting people in such childish manners not only "does little to ones credibility," but also makes one look immature and child-like.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out two more asinine statements:

Quote:
Just because you have a different opinion about the world than the majority of the people in this country proves nothing.
Last time I checked, 50 million people was not a "majority" of 300 million, fix your abacus and try again, pal.

Quote:
What you speak is garbage. Your words are backed by nothing than your need to vent your anger because your guy lost and lost big time.
Lost big time? Last time I checked he lost by about 200,000 votes in Ohio, or by 22 electorals. I don't know how many elections you've seen but that's actually pretty damn close.

#723563 - 11/03/04 09:46 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
yhabpo Offline

Requiem Aeternam: I must warn you that my views are more extreme than they seem.

#723564 - 11/03/04 09:51 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yhabpo: I must warn you mine are probably more extreme than yours, but for obvious reasons this is not the proper venue to even begin expressing them, as too many constricted alarmists populate these realms.

#723565 - 11/03/04 09:52 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
markjpcs Offline

You made no such thing resembling a "fair assumption". You made bigoted remarks in relation to an entire group of people based on the fact that they play the piano! How idiotic can you be?

Support murder? You actually believe that the people who voted for Bush support murder? You are equating Republicans with the terrorists that attacked this country on 9/11/2001? You are equating the thought process of logical, caring, thinking people who defend[/b] their freedom by pursuing those who would do them harm with the Nazis? The same Nazis that tried to take over the world and commit genocide because of race, physical/mental attributes and religious beliefs? The same Nazis that we helped defeat?

You are an idiot.

#723566 - 11/03/04 10:02 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
markjpcs Offline

Sour grapes RA?

Admitting that you are extreme in your beliefs just nullifies anything you have to say.

Extremists are blind to facts. Extremists ignore reality.

Have fun in your extreme world. I choose to live in the real world.

#723567 - 11/03/04 10:09 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Um, Mark, I"m not sure which news stations you've been tuning in to (FOX perhaps?), but anyone who supports Bush, or has been supporting him from the onset IS SUPPORTING MURDER. We are in Iraq murdering hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. Why? Can you answer me that one simple question? Where are the weapons of mass destruction, where is Osama bin Laden, is he in Iraq too? When the councils have admitted that Bin Laden's ties to Iraq and Hussein are extremely tenuous at best and most probably non existent.

We're not only supporting murder of the Iraqi's though, but also the murder of our own troops, who are dying daily as Bush and his corrupt evil empire sit smugly waiting for the results of this farcical hoax of an election.

Why haven't any of the questions concerning 911 been answered, why is there a monumental coverup in progress, why is all flight data kept in secrecy, why have grieving victims' families been forcefully rebuffed and denied payments, why has unemployment, living costs, gasoline, job outsourcing skyrocketed to unheard of levels, why does the world hate America, why are we allowing Israel to build nuclear weapons and new Nuclear Submarines and then threatening to exterminate Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and North Korea for the same infringements, why is every other country realizing their errors and pulling out of Iraq while our troops are being slaughtered like cattle, why is Cheney and Halliburton making billions off Iraq, why is the middle class getting poorer and the corporate supporters of this Nazi-like regime filing their coffers with riches, why did Bush's grandfather financially supported the Nazi's in the 1930's, helping their rise to power, why is Afghanistan quickly falling into instability, with more and more American troops dying weekly, why did Bush have an Iraqi invasion on the drawing boards long before 911 as stated by many top white house staff employees, can you answer a single one of these questions about this imperial totalitarian regime intent on conquering the entire world for its own personal and corporate aggrandizement, I suppose you can't.

And before you rail against that I should go back to my own country, or whatever other drivel, I'll have you know I live in NY and was there during September 11, 2001, my sister was mere blocks from ground zero, and I was in Manhattan in the aftermath volunteering. So let's not question anyone's patriotism or love for one's country and people, as opposed to one's corrupt, evil, tyrannical government.

#723568 - 11/03/04 10:12 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Markjpc, don't confuse yourself with sophmoric semantics. By saying I have extreme views does not make me an 'extremist' or whatever ridiculous 'tag' you can come up with to subsume me into your disordered system of il-logic. If it makes it easier for you to digest what I have to say, then fine, but you are only blinding yourself to the truth, and with that, I hope you enjoy your life in a self cast delusional world.

#723569 - 11/03/04 10:12 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
yhabpo Offline

Quote:
You actually believe that the people who voted for Bush support murder?
No matter how powerful a pen, it cannot legalize the murder of a human by its dispensation of ink. Supporting a country in an aggressive war is supporting murder.

Quote:
You are equating Republicans with the terrorists that attacked this country on 9/11/2001?
The party did everything to benefit from the incident. You did get your "four more years," didn't you?

Quote:
You are equating the thought process of logical, caring, thinking people who defend their freedom by pursuing those who would do them harm with the Nazis?
Their one-sided justifications parallels the thought process of Nazis.

#723570 - 11/03/04 10:26 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#723571 - 11/03/04 10:27 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Enjoy your four more years Mark and co.

#723572 - 11/03/04 10:36 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
David Burton Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Coxsackie, New York
Well, sort of looks like this thread has burned itself out.

#723573 - 11/03/04 10:38 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
markjpcs Offline

it's not even worth arguing with people who think like you two. You are of the ilk of conspiracy theorists whose assumptions about what is happening in this world are not based in anything resembling reality.

I hope you enjoy living in the hellish, anger based existence you have chosen for yourselves.

Have a nice life.

#723574 - 11/03/04 10:49 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
Requiem Aeternam Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I see you're quite keen on labeling others. I guess it helps small minds to organize themselves with the use of effective 'labels,' that misrepresent reality. You seem quite an uneducated individual, I feel bad for you, as if you've ever received an education you would have learned what a dangerous game such labeling becomes. Life is dynamic, people and events are complicated and cannot be understood by simple minded blanket statements akin to those you make. From another thread:

Quote:
Typical liberal clap trap of untruths and exaggerations.

So sorry your apologist, left wing socialist candidate lost. NOT!

Liberals, left wing socialists, apologists, conspiracy theorists, alarmists, it is sad how you are unable to comprehend a single dynamic concept and must use these easy-reference tags to subsume ideas into disorder. You should try actually thinking for once instead of repeating what you've been taught and brainwashed.

Quite humorous to me how your inept mind works. You've further catalogued both me and Yhabo, into a distinct category, calling us conspiracy theorists living an existence not based in reality, when it was in fact me, not him, who related a few pieces of factual information, often misinterpreted as 'conspiracy theory.' But once again your disordered and childlike mind, incapable of processing any thought patterns beyond cliche'd labels and taglines that you heard your favorite pundit mutter on TV, somehow managed to categorize two completely separate ideas into one.

You are a disheveled mess, it's not worth even arguing with inept minds such as yours.

#723575 - 11/03/04 10:55 PM Re: Terrorists rejoice! Bush is elected!
signa Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, USA
i wouldn't say that explicitly myself, but nevertheless i agree with Requiem Aeternam on the issue of iraq war. some people tend to forget or simply dismiss the number of killed US soldiers not to mention the far more number of iraqees killed there. do we (or just you) really care about that? so, when you rejoice with bush victory, simply take a minute to think about those who died in iraq or even those victims of 911 and reflect little bit more on what bush lead you to...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What books do you use for teaching beginners?
by Daffodil
09/19/14 12:54 AM
Help buying digital piano for my son
by roomservicetaco
09/18/14 11:54 PM
Headphone impedance for DP90se
by lunobili
09/18/14 10:29 PM
A Simulation Investigating the Source of Inharmonicity
by PaintedPostDave
09/18/14 10:18 PM
Chrono Trigger piano medley
by Stefo
09/18/14 04:44 PM
Who's Online
91 registered (ando, Allan W., antony, allakart, AEMontoya, 25 invisible), 944 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76250 Members
42 Forums
157617 Topics
2315154 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission