2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, 11 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#745808 11/25/04 08:04 AM
T
tritone Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Not to be a pinko Canadian but maybe I suggest we rename BUY NOTHING DAY to...

Instead of going to the mall, invite some friends or family over for a post-turkey party and all hang out by the piano (no drinks on the piano please) and have miniconcerts all around the world-day

Play chopsticks, minuet in G, belt out a broadway showtune or Ave Maria. Or your favourite Chopin Nocturne or Fur Elise. Christmas Carols or your latest composition.

Let's make it Share live music day. Make the piano the centre of your home and your lives.

Peace to you all.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
thumb

But before that, come buy some thoughtful and exquisite gifts between 6am and 11am at our 5-hour-only specially discounted prices so you can exchange gifts with friends and loved ones when you share your music in the afternoon!

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Sounds sensibly devilish to me Tritone (diabolus in musicus or Augmented IV). A day of fasting from the plastic opulence of material consumerism would do everyone some good.

"The older the fiddle, the sweeter the music"~ Augustus McCrae
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
NOTHING could get me to go to a mall or store the day after Thanksgiving!! eek

In my case, large crowds and snarled traffic can lead to elevated blood pressure. I'd much rather play my piano.

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. - Beverly Sills
T
tritone Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Dear Renauda

Thank you for calling me an augmented IV. cool
Much better than being a diminished V. shocked

And no Axtremus, I will not buy anything for anyone who comes by. I hope they don't bring gifts for the host either. Just vocal chords eek and fingers thumb

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Just think, a half step more and you'll be a perfectly dominant V chord rather than a perfectly subdominant IV. wink

"The older the fiddle, the sweeter the music"~ Augustus McCrae
T
tritone Offline OP
OP Offline
T
What? Dominant? Never from a Canadian. You should know that. Even an Albertan would never be dominant. Even at $50 a barrel

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Plays, I'm with you, hon.

Given the choice between going to a mall on the day after Thanksgiving or getting a root canal . . . I'd have to think about it. wink

W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
I do as much Christmas shopping as I can over the internet. I'm not a big fan of malls at any time, but the day after Thanksgiving would be impossible.

I do have one guilty pleasure. I like to go have lunch in the food court of the mall on Christmas Eve. I get a kick watching the frantic folks trying to find something to buy on the last possible day. "What do you have that's already wrapped!?"

Wynne
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
WynnBear, thats a funny post! smile

I should try that sometime.

As for the shopping, I must admit that I went this morning. It's the first time I did, but its also the first time I have a job with a real income = money to spend!

I went to Best Buy and at 5:40am the line was already stretched half way around the building. It's all good though, because although it was crowded in the store, there were many employees helping out and I took advantage of some crucial deals!! Digital cameras from 160 down to 97 bucks, etc. Even one of the best shows out there, "24", it's 6-pack DVD of season one was 12.99, down from 50 bucks!

So although the crowds suck, the deals are too good to turn down!

I must say I'll do this again next year! Sorry to not sign your renaming petition... wink

-The 89th Key [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] www.thecollegecritic.com [Linked Image]
--- Integrity | Loyalty | Simplicity ---
T
tritone Offline OP
OP Offline
T
You want entertainment. I was in Freeport one Christmas and visited LLBean on Christmas Eve (They open til midnight).

I wonder how many folks in Maine are given an LLBean Fleece or sweater for Christmas...

It was nutso busy. Mostly confused husbands (like myself) staring blankly at the racks figuring out what to get to stay in the good books.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by plays88skeys:
NOTHING could get me to go to a mall or store the day after Thanksgiving!! eek

In my case, large crowds and snarled traffic can lead to elevated blood pressure. I'd much rather play my piano.
My mom and aunt went to Town East Mall in Dallas and apparently there were a bunch of people who thought like you - there was next to no one there! They said everywhere they went they parked 4-5 spaces from the door. I, of course, slept until 11, ate some cake, and went back to bed.

now a resident of TNCR - www.coffee-room.com
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Tritone, we in Maine all have some Bean fleece or woolen or duck boot - but we'd not be caught dead in the dang store on Christmas Eve. Heavens no - that's a sure sign of a tourist! [and most all of our goods came at a steep discount, post-holiday sale, from the factory store across the street - betcha didn't know about that either. wink ]

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission