Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#750244 - 09/27/02 01:15 PM Most embarassing thing your..
Samejame Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NL, Canada
kids have ever said to you or about you in mixed company?

Heap many moons ago, my daughter said to SWMBO in a crowded room: "Mom, how come you don't buy those sweaters with the lumps in them like all those other women do?"

Top that!

Jamie

Piano & Music Accessories
#750245 - 09/30/02 08:36 PM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
Rich Galassini Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey
here's one..

In front of a famous actress/model who had just complimented my daughter and suggested that she do some modeling:

"Oh, no thank you. My parents told me that all of those women have to have plastic surgery to look that way and it isn't natural beauty."

Geez....
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Get Cunningham Piano Email Updates

#750246 - 09/30/02 08:54 PM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
Friday Offline

Loc: South Bay, CA
Jamie

I don't think anyone can atop yours. \:\)

F.

#750247 - 09/30/02 10:16 PM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
Dwain Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
SWMBO and I took Ten - she was Four at the time -to Cedar Point, an amusement park north of us on Lake Erie. We stayed at The Breakers, a historic old Resort-type hotel that's part of the park. We were just coming in from the pool, with "Four" walking along between us, headed in to the hotel. There were a few picnic tables and benches on the patio just outside the doors that we were walking toward, and a few people were sitting at the tables.

As we walked, SWMBO & I were discussing where we were going to eat, what we were going to do later that day, etc. Four was chattering on and on, as four year olds will do, and we weren't really paying attention to what she was saying. As I was talking, I did notice that two teenaged boys sitting at the picnic table we were approaching were laughing hysterically. Gradually, it started to sink into my consciousness what Four was saying, over and over, and pointing at a middle-aged gentleman in swimwear, sitting at one of the adjacent tables:

"Mommy, Daddy, look at that man, he's REALLY FAT!!! I've never seen anyone THAT FAT before! Look at that FAT MAN, he's so fat he has BOOBIES!!!"

SWMBO & I looked over at the man, who had turned beet red and was burning holes in us with his eyes. We were absolutely mortified, and the two teenagers just sat there in tears, laughing. We literally dragged Four into the hotel lobby as quickly as we could, and as soon as we were out of visibilty and earshot we both literally fell to the floor laughing.

Ahh, kids. \:D

#750248 - 10/01/02 03:38 AM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
The Hands of Rabalthazar Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Dwain, I am (far) too young for kids myself, but your story reminds me of going to the pool with my father and little sister when I was about five she was just starting to talk (single words and simple phrases). All of a sudden, my sister pointed straight at a slightly large girl and said at the top of her voice (and enhanced by the pool's natural reverberation) "FAT LADY!"

my sister still shudders when reminded of that story.

#750249 - 10/01/02 07:20 AM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
phykell Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
Not embarrassing but it always amuses me:

My little sister had caught the first 20 mins or so of Jaws (many years ago). My mother put her to bed but she was very scared. My mother noticed that my sister was curled up in bed. "Put your legs down" my mother says. "No, I'm scared" says my sister. My mother tries to reassure her "But Teddy isn't scared" referring to my sister's favourite toy lying in bed with her. "Yes but Teddy's legs aren't as long as mine!" she replies \:\)

========

Evil cannot be conquered in the world. It can only be resisted within oneself.

#750250 - 10/01/02 08:44 AM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
Elaine617 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
My husband used to have a habit of leaving the bathroom door open. One day, I walked past the hallway and my youngest daughter (then about 3 or so) was standing outside the bathroom door giggling. I hadn't noticed that the bathroom door was open. When I asked her what was so funny she said, "Daddy's peeing with his panties on!" We all laughed histerically and my husband still gets embarrassed till this day when mentioned. After that, he always remembered to close the door. ;\)

Lyn B.

#750251 - 10/01/02 10:59 AM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
RKVS1 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
My sister (9), younger brother (7) and I (11) visited my grandparents for a month or so during the summers. One morning at breakfast we were recounting the previous days adventures and 7 said "I fell down so hard that I bruised Both[/b] seats." Sister 9 immediately corrected him by pointing out that "seat" was singular. (She's a teacher now.) Defending his choice of words, 7 insisted "No, its seatSSS[/b] . There's One, then there's that big crack, and then there's the Other." Grandma, a pretty straight-laced woman who, as a minister's wife, normally frowned on anatomical discussion just burst out laughing and couldn't stop. Grandpa's hearty laugh ended with a chuckled blessing of 7's interpretation "Well, he's right[/b] , you know." Eating resumed.
Bob

#750252 - 10/02/02 08:18 PM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
Ted Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Not really embarrassing, just funny. Our son, aged four, at an agricultural show during a silence in front of a hundred or so people.

"Dad, that bull has a very big ballocks."

#750253 - 10/04/02 01:36 PM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
Nina Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Also not embarrassing, but funny:

At age five, my twin nephews were going to their first basketball camp, after living a fairly sheltered life to that point. My sister dropped them off somewhat nervously, then returned at the end of the day to pick them up in front of the gym. Of course, she wanted to know how their day had gone. "Oh mom, it was great, and coach is really good. He even has basketball hair!!" My sister, of course, asked what exactly basketball hair was. "Oh you know, basketball hair!," was the reply, with some impatience.

My sister let it drop, but was curious. The next afternoon when she picked up my nephews, she decided to park and meet this fabulous coach with "basketball hair." Turns out the coach was Black, and the first Black man my nephews had ever met in person. Hence: basketball hair = black nappy hair!

Also, our son was born when my daughter was almost four. On his first day home, when it came time to change his diaper for the first time, my daughter of course wanted to help. When the diaper came off, her eyes widened and she said, "Oh Mommy, what's that sticky-outie thing??" I had to spend a bit of time convincing her that this was perfectly normal, that all boys had them. She was totally appalled. I remember thinking that Freud was completely wrong when he talked about "sticky-outie thing" envy!

Nina

#750254 - 10/04/02 02:18 PM Re: Most embarassing thing your..
Just Karen Offline

Loc: Garden of England (Kent)
I was in the grocery store with my four kids (yikes) and after a hard day at work I admit that I wasnt relaly tuned into what they were doing \:o

I noticed that other shoppers were looking at me a smiling/laughing although it didnt click right away, and when I looked over to my then 3 year old I saw that she was standing right in front of a nun (wearing the habit etc) and pointing right up at her and crying "witch, witch".

I rushed over and apologised but she wasnt amused \:o

It was the first time Maddy had seen a nun and the long black habit freaked her out. \:o

Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (Alex-SapRenovation, AmateurBob, A Guy, ajames, 39 invisible), 1748 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75573 Members
42 Forums
156252 Topics
2294726 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Brahms
by mellifluous
07/29/14 11:04 AM
The process of shopping / buying a new piano
by Eric5238
07/29/14 10:53 AM
Viennese vs sustain vs DOA tuned unisons and temperament
by gynnis
07/29/14 10:35 AM
casinitaly! Many happy returns of the day!
by malkin
07/29/14 08:30 AM
T.J. Rochford Piano, trying to uncover some history
by Mikey Bob
07/29/14 07:58 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission