Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#756216 - 12/21/04 07:09 PM Re: Ethical?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
 Quote:
Originally posted by apple*:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
I just went to the site. Seems they're already beginning to wear out their welcome there...... people are asking for moderators....... \:D [/b]
you're right ... the moderators have smelled the cheese, and our pianoworld friends are in trouble... the rules have been posted and our friends have been warned to be civil.

that is too funny [/b]
No Apple, you are completely mistaken. We were the ones asking about the moderators because we were looking for a more civil place to hang out.

You are completely wrong.

jf [/b]
Sadly Jack, you've lost your status as humans and have become objects of amusement. \:\(

Piano & Music Accessories
#756217 - 12/21/04 07:09 PM Re: Ethical?
Cindysphinx Offline

Loc: Washington D.C. Metro
:glances at PW user agreement, trembles in fear:

Oh, lordie. I had nothing to do with this. I'm innocent, I tell ya!!! ;\)

Seriously, plays, no matter what Jolly and others might be implying, there's no grand conspiracy and you weren't snubbed. Dang, Curry mentioned not so long ago that Chickgrand could be found there.

Uh oh. Curry, you are in *so* much trouble!

Man, that other forum must be *good* if so many people here feel threatened by it. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...QvjrL_blog.html

#756218 - 12/21/04 07:11 PM Re: Ethical?
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
 Quote:
Originally posted by Matt G.:
Things must be going to hell in a handbasket over at Piano World, too! Look what I found! It sounds like there's a whole mess of people in big trouble!

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/agree_review.html [/b]
Probably a boilerplate disclaimer cooked up by his attorneys as a result of the ***** ***** brouhaha.

#756219 - 12/21/04 07:12 PM Re: Ethical?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
I don't know that 'moderation is the key' is the appropriate mantra for Piano World.

I like to play in all different keys.

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#756220 - 12/21/04 07:14 PM Re: Ethical?
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

I prefer to go "unmoderated". I am just not comfortable with "filters".

#756221 - 12/21/04 07:21 PM Re: Ethical?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
THIS IS THE SILLIEST AND STUPIDEST. Some of us ended up at another forum and felt comfortable there, for reasons I will not go in to and are not even relevant to my point. Some were current members of this forum and others, who may have been SOLICITED (oh my ****ing god), were FORMER members of this forum.

Jolly happens to discover us there and publicizes it and all of a sudden all of you are going over there and criticizing us for being there, as if it is some capital crime to post on more than one forum.

Then Larry stalks us over there and begins posting links to Piano World threads that make him look good and us look bad -- and we ALL know Larry's well established reputation for editing his own posts to make sure history looks kindly on him.

I have to say Larry, you have stooped to a new low. Your posts there have no clear purpose other than to pollute the pond where we were trying to join another community that would not have been as troublesome for some as this one has been. I have lost whatever respect I had for you (and I assure you that in the beginning that was considerable). Your motives could not be more transparent and there was no reason for you to post what you did other than to seek some kind of twisted revenge on those who left.

You have shown your true colors Larry and no amount of posts here about "setting the record straight" can vindicate you. What you did was mean spirited and ablsolutely intentional. Your kind and gentle and well versed presence here is nothing but a fraud in light of your vindictive crossover.

See the light. Back off. Let some of us leave in peace and go back to your ****ing hole to wallow in your hatred and your insecurity.

YOU are the main problem with Piano World and those who disagree with me are free to stay.

See you around.

jf

#756222 - 12/21/04 07:25 PM Re: Ethical?
apple* Offline

making alot of assumptions aren't you Jack... or is it Kathy?

#756223 - 12/21/04 07:26 PM Re: Ethical?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom--K:
Sadly Jack, you've lost your status as humans and have become objects of amusement. \:\( [/b]
****, Tom, I have "lost my status as [a] human." Really? Where the...

jf

#756224 - 12/21/04 07:28 PM Re: Ethical?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by apple*:
making alot of assumptions aren't you Jack... or is it Kathy? [/b]
Apple, it's Jack.

Go see what Larry has posted and give me any reasonable justification.....

jf

#756225 - 12/21/04 07:30 PM Re: Ethical?
Cindysphinx Offline

It's a pattern, Jack.

If others are having fun, there are individuals here who will do *anything* to break up the party. Even if this means they will pollute something that doesn't even belong to them, where they have no interest.

It's times like these when I wish I were a psychologist. At least then I'd understand the pathology. . . .

#756226 - 12/21/04 07:31 PM Re: Ethical?
Matt G. Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Plainfield, IL
 Quote:
Sadly Jack, you've lost your status as humans and have become objects of amusement.[/b]
And you, sir, have lost your status as an object of amusement.

#756227 - 12/21/04 07:34 PM Re: Ethical?
apple* Offline

who knows - just commenting on your assumption Jack.. I shouldn't have. go ahead make them.

I don't like this fight anymore.. gnite..

#756228 - 12/21/04 07:35 PM Re: Ethical?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Yes, too harsh. But, you have become an amusement all the same. Sometimes you have to take responsibilities for your actions. Sometimes you have to admit mistakes. As big a blowfish as I am sometimes, I do it, I say I'm and idiot sometimes. Larry did it in the last fight. kathy never did. She never could say, "I'm sorry."

And that's when she looses her humanity and becomes the butt of a joke. There is a price to pay for not taking responsibility for your actions.

Now, it's a game. \:\)

#756229 - 12/21/04 07:37 PM Re: Ethical?
Matt G. Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I am not amused by your game.

#756230 - 12/21/04 07:38 PM Re: Ethical?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Yes, too harsh. But, you have become an amusement all the same. Sometimes you have to take responsibilities for your actions. Sometimes you have to admit mistakes. As big a blowfish as I am sometimes, I do it, I say I'm and idiot sometimes. Larry did it in the last fight. kathy never did. She never could say, "I'm sorry."

And that's when she looses her humanity and becomes the butt of a joke.

Now it's a game. \:\) [/b]
Tom, kathy is nowhere in sight. this is me. I have been as forward as any other person here in admitting mistakes. this is not one of them.

And if you somehow find ME amusing, then you have a pretty desperate and empty life, because I assure you, at the core, I am very boring and ordinary. Hardly amusing at all.

jf

#756231 - 12/21/04 07:40 PM Re: Ethical?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
I am not amused by your game. [/b]
Maybe it's me, Matt--but, I'm not "feeling the LOVE." \:D

#756232 - 12/21/04 07:41 PM Re: Ethical?
jodi Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Evergreen State (WA)
I think you all need to GO TO BED.

\:\) Jodi

#756233 - 12/21/04 07:45 PM Re: Ethical?
Matt G. Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Sometimes you have to take responsibilities for your actions.[/b]
All right, why not take your own advice. Now is the time for you to take personal responsibility for being one of the most obnoxious of CR posters, one who has been a major contributing cause to much of the exodus. People are tired of having to fight you and your guileful "wit" whose point is usually thinly veiled insult. They bid you adieu and ask that you respect their wishes to be left alone.

#756234 - 12/21/04 07:46 PM Re: Ethical?
RealPlayer Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: NYC
Seven friggin' pages of this nonsense. It's a slow night, I can't believe I read it all.

I'm gonna check out that other board. To devote 7 pages to it, it must be a happenin' place.

www.josephkubera.com

#756235 - 12/21/04 07:47 PM Re: Ethical?
plays88skeys Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Richmond, VA
Why is everyone arguing at Christmas-time?

I like you all. I wish everyone would try to mend fences.

Good night.

#756236 - 12/21/04 07:55 PM Re: Ethical?
apple* Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by plays88skeys:
Why is everyone arguing at Christmas-time?

I like you all. I wish everyone would try to mend fences.

Good night.

[/b]
double that sentiment

#756237 - 12/21/04 07:56 PM Re: Ethical?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country
get over it, jolly, larry, apple, and the rest of you... you can't control what other people do. too bad![/b]

Excuse me, but you must not be understanding me. So for a third time, I don't care who goes where, who posts where, how they got there, nothing. I'm not trying to control anyone. In fact, I hope that you and Kathy find inner peace as a result of your posting there, and it completely satisfies your every need. I only had one issue, and that was the one regarding people actively soliciting people to
*leave*. If that's not happening, I don't care about anything else. Sheesh.... my last comment was on the fact that in reading the posts, it seems a few are on the verge of wearing out their welcome already - and I'm not basing that on the post about the rules, I'm basing it on reading the posts.

I don't know how much more clearly I can state that other than things done deceitfully, I don't have a single bit of problem with what anyone does regarding this.

#756238 - 12/21/04 07:59 PM Re: Ethical?
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Why do I feel so left out not having been solicited by any of these various and sundry comely lassies.

#756239 - 12/21/04 08:00 PM Re: Ethical?
apple* Offline

jbryan.....i think you have to be personally affronted by the last presidential election to warrant an invite.

pssst.. some of them are not lassies.

#756240 - 12/21/04 08:01 PM Re: Ethical?
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

darn

#756241 - 12/21/04 08:03 PM Re: Ethical?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Then Larry stalks us over there and begins posting links to Piano World threads that make him look good and us look bad -- and we ALL know Larry's well established reputation for editing his own posts to make sure history looks kindly on him.[/b]

Hold up there, sport. I haven't posted a single thing on that website. I don't even know what you're talking about, but I'll go look at it and see if I can figure out what your problem is.

Let me make this clear to you, Jack. I'm *glad* they found another forum to post in. For the FOURTH TIME - I don't care who posts there. I responded to the idea that people were working in the background collecting email addresses from here to contact people in an effort to get them to *leave* here to go there. That is dirty. Since that time, it has come out that there may not be any evidence of that. So, no problem.

Not until you post a broadfaced lie about me, that is. Again - I have *not* posted one single post in that forum. I'm not even registered, and have no desire to.

#756242 - 12/21/04 08:04 PM Re: Ethical?
Cindysphinx Offline

Larry:

Quote:
Sheesh.... my last comment was on the fact that in reading the posts, it seems a few are on the verge of wearing out their welcome already - and I'm not basing that on the post about the rules, I'm basing it on reading the posts.
With all due respect, Larry, I think you might want to read the posts there a bit more carefully. What you're witnessing is a bunch of people trying to get to know each other over there in a civil and pleasant manner.

I think it's kind of interesting to watch, myself. I predict good things -- they seem, you know, *balanced!*

Anyway, everything is above board, there's no "deceit," and there are no "ethical problems."
Anyone here is more than welcome to go over there and check it out, I suppose. Their equivalent of the CR is called "Anything But Pianos."

ABP

#756243 - 12/21/04 08:07 PM Re: Ethical?
Cindysphinx Offline

Frankly, the real threat to PW isn't private invitations for people to go post somewhere else.

The real threat to PW is threads like this, IMHO. At times, it feels like those who profess to love this place the most are the biggest threats to its survival . . .

#756244 - 12/21/04 08:07 PM Re: Ethical?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
 Quote:
Sometimes you have to take responsibilities for your actions.[/b]
All right, why not take your own advice. Now is the time for you to take personal responsibility for being one of the most obnoxious of CR posters, one who has been a major contributing cause to much of the exodus. People are tired of having to fight you and your guileful "wit" whose point is usually thinly veiled insult. They bid you adieu and ask that you respect their wishes to be left alone. [/b]
:( So, you don't like me. I don't much notice you. But, I do like your poetry, tho' I try to make mine AABB or ABAB. Give it a try yourself.
\:D

#756245 - 12/21/04 08:07 PM Re: Ethical?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

and we ALL know Larry's well established reputation for editing his own posts to make sure history looks kindly on him.[/b]

And another thing - that is a bare assed lie, Jack. Other than deleting a few posts to copy your wife's vile filth in, I have never edited any of my posts. I had my reasons, you aren't able to grasp it, but that does not constitute a "well established reputation" for squat, slick.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
140 registered (accordeur, A Guy, 36251, 46 invisible), 1457 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74217 Members
42 Forums
153532 Topics
2249968 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sheet music for Philip Glass's etudes?
by Eldridge
04/17/14 07:57 PM
Charles Walters piano
by Colleen05
04/17/14 07:05 PM
Why 88 keys?
by gsmonks
04/17/14 03:01 PM
Casio AP range advice please
by thamajor7
04/17/14 01:38 PM
Installing plain wire: no twists involved
by A443
04/17/14 01:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission