Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#756306 - 12/22/04 07:00 AM Re: Ethical?
The 89th Key Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern Virginia
Thanks Jolly. \:\)

BTW, where did you get your name? I'm sure you've said this before, quite a few times actually, but I'm in the dark.

(no pun intended regarding the forum world)

www.thecollegecritic.com
--- Integrity | Loyalty | Simplicity ---[/b]

Piano & Music Accessories
#756307 - 12/22/04 07:01 AM Re: Ethical?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
what about me Jack...

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#756308 - 12/22/04 07:02 AM Re: Ethical?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

2:12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. [/b]

#756309 - 12/22/04 07:04 AM Re: Ethical?
Cindysphinx Offline

Loc: Washington D.C. Metro
Apple:

Quote:
I have no desire to meddle with your participation in another forum.. I do desire that this forum not be poisoned by the resentment and resentment of those participating in the "Great Liberal Exodus" (hereinafter GLE)as KathyK calls it.

So quit poisoning this place with your arguments and demands and unfair allegations and I for one will unintroduce myself at the other forum.

We know you you hate us... Can you quit telling us? It's been duly noted.
Let me be clear.

I plan to continue posting on PW until further notice. I never once said I was leaving this community, and I have no plans to leave because I enjoy the overwhelming majority of the people here. I consider myself a member in good standing here who follows Frank's rules, and I think you would be hard-pressed to prove otherwise.

Yes, some other people have left or scaled back their participation here. I have not, so I'd appreciate it if you'd keep that distinction in mind.

As far as who is poisoning PW, I'm feeling pretty confident that KathyK didn't start this thread. And Apple, if it is true that your interest is in the health of this community, I do not understand why you would have posted on that other forum at all. Very puzzling, that.

So yes, maybe we can make a deal. I won't participate on that new forum if I have no genuine interest in it, and you will do the same. As for whether you should delete your introduction over there, I haven't read it, so I'll leave that to your discretion.

Deal?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...QvjrL_blog.html

#756310 - 12/22/04 07:05 AM Re: Ethical?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

There was no organized solicitation...

There were no ethical improprieties...

People just freely assembling and talking - in a different place...

As I noted in a previous post...a stressful time of the year...let us try and keep the peace of the season...

Frank... Please remove this thread.

K

#756311 - 12/22/04 07:06 AM Re: Ethical?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Too many words...

#756312 - 12/22/04 07:14 AM Re: Ethical?
Cindysphinx Offline

I hope Frank will not remove this thread.

It speaks volumes.

#756313 - 12/22/04 07:15 AM Re: Ethical?
taiwan_girl Offline

Loc: Illinois/Thailand/Korea
 Quote:
...... and on earth peace, good will toward men.
I think this is good to repeat. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. \:\)

#756314 - 12/22/04 07:25 AM Re: Ethical?
sarah_blueparrot Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bristol, England
Can I please go to the bathroom? I hope you won't mind but our usual one is blocked up so I have to use the spare one. Is that ok?

#756315 - 12/22/04 07:26 AM Re: Ethical?
Jeffrey Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
kluurs - No fish pictures?? I like fish pictures!

#756316 - 12/22/04 07:27 AM Re: Ethical?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

It speaks volumes. [/b]
the precise reason for its demise...

K

#756317 - 12/22/04 07:34 AM Re: Ethical?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country
Cindy writes:
 Quote:
The people on that other board have done *nothing* to deserve any trouble. As best I can tell, they are quite nice and welcoming, and they all get along well.

Already, Larry has posted twice there. First, he claimed he was posting just to establish his IP address. Fine. I can't help but wonder if there wasn't an ulterior motive, though.
Duh!! You think?

Quote:
After all, if one simply wanted to register and post once to establish an IP address, this could be done with an innocuous post about the weather.

But no. Larry's post called the newly arriving PW members names and imported the stench from here over there (italics mine).
Excuse me. I had never posted there in my life, and had no intention of *ever* posting there. Maybe you had your brain in a jar somewhere during the two pages of accusations and name calling I went through *here* that provoked me into posting. You have extremely selective memory, lady. And as for my second post, are you the *only* one who hasn't figured out that alice oliver is Pique?

I keep hearing you, Jack, and Pique asking people to leave them in peace. You're like a bunch of Iraqi insurgents fighting out of a mosque. You seem to think it's all right for you to come here and take pot shots at people at will, but you want to be able to run over to your "safe house" and insist upon your innocence, and demand to be "left alone". If the three of you want to be left alone, quit coming here taking shots at people. Just go there and stay.

#756318 - 12/22/04 07:45 AM Re: Ethical?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

#756319 - 12/22/04 07:50 AM Re: Ethical?
The 89th Key Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey:
kluurs - No fish pictures?? I like fish pictures! [/b]
Here ya go jeff: \:\)

www.thecollegecritic.com

#756320 - 12/22/04 07:52 AM Re: Ethical?
Jolly Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
 Quote:
I hope Frank will not remove this thread.

It speaks volumes. [/b]
We may disagree on what it speaks, but I agree, leave it.

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#756321 - 12/22/04 08:15 AM Re: Ethical?
Cindysphinx Offline

Just in case a rather important point has truly been missed:

Larry:

Quote:
I keep hearing you, Jack, and Pique asking people to leave them in peace.
No, you've not heard me say that. If you have, please do provide me with a quote.

My concern is for the innocent people in That Other Forum who have done nothing to deserve your unnecessary name-calling in That Other Forum.

I've never demanded that you leave *me* alone. I feel reasonably confident that I can handle you just fine.

I think it is awful to post something like that *there.* Regardless of the extent to which you feel you were "provoked." I mean, would it be OK for me to go to That Other Forum and say spiteful things about you just because we are exchanging words here? I would think not.

Now. My point is a simple one -- Do Not Foul The Waters There For Any Reason. Please do reflect on it.

There are other people on the planet to consider other than those who post on PW.

Quote:
Cindy writes:

quote:The people on that other board have done *nothing* to deserve any trouble. As best I can tell, they are quite nice and welcoming, and they all get along well.

Already, Larry has posted twice there. First, he claimed he was posting just to establish his IP address. Fine. I can't help but wonder if there wasn't an ulterior motive, though.

Duh!! You think?

quote:After all, if one simply wanted to register and post once to establish an IP address, this could be done with an innocuous post about the weather.

But no. Larry's post called the newly arriving PW members names and imported the stench from here over there (italics mine).

Excuse me. I had never posted there in my life, and had no intention of *ever* posting there. Maybe you had your brain in a jar somewhere during the two pages of accusations and name calling I went through *here* that provoked me into posting. You have extremely selective memory, lady. And as for my second post, are you the *only* one who hasn't figured out that alice oliver is Pique?

I keep hearing you, Jack, and Pique asking people to leave them in peace. You're like a bunch of Iraqi insurgents fighting out of a mosque. You seem to think it's all right for you to come here and take pot shots at people at will, but you want to be able to run over to your "safe house" and insist upon your innocence, and demand to be "left alone". If the three of you want to be left alone, quit coming here taking shots at people. Just go there and stay.

#756322 - 12/22/04 08:36 AM Re: Ethical?
plays88skeys Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Richmond, VA
In ten years, what difference will anything written here have made in your lives?

#756323 - 12/22/04 08:48 AM Re: Ethical?
The 89th Key Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I agree plays, this thread has no chance of accomplishing ANYTHING.

Jolly posted a good, honest question, but it has gone so far off the trail, that it's pointless now.

www.thecollegecritic.com

#756324 - 12/22/04 09:00 AM Re: Ethical?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#756325 - 12/22/04 09:06 AM Re: Ethical?
The 89th Key Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Apple, you forgot something!!

Believe it or not, that's an apple. \:\)

www.thecollegecritic.com

#756326 - 12/22/04 09:06 AM Re: Ethical?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by plays88skeys:
In ten years, what difference will anything written here have made in your lives? [/b]
In ten years time I expect all my post to be published in bound volumes, with a major motion picture deal or two in the works about my on line personae.

I also expect several PhD dissertations to have been done by then on my poetry and prose.

Not that much to ask. \:\)

#756327 - 12/22/04 09:19 AM Re: Ethical?
Jolly Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by plays88skeys:
In ten years, what difference will anything written here have made in your lives? [/b]
A lot.

Particularly on the PF, not necessarily in the CR.

Over 30 pianos that I know of, plus many more that I don't.

Even Chinese pianos will still be here in 10 years... ;\)

#756328 - 12/22/04 09:23 AM Re: Ethical?
Jolly Offline

Quote:
Just in case a rather important point has truly been missed:

Larry:

Quote:
I keep hearing you, Jack, and Pique asking people to leave them in peace.
No, you've not heard me say that. If you have, please do provide me with a quote.

My concern is for the innocent people in That Other Forum who have done nothing to deserve your unnecessary name-calling in That Other Forum.

I've never demanded that you leave *me* alone. I feel reasonably confident that I can handle you just fine.

I think it is awful to post something like that *there.* Regardless of the extent to which you feel you were "provoked." I mean, would it be OK for me to go to That Other Forum and say spiteful things about you just because we are exchanging words here? I would think not.

Now. My point is a simple one -- Do Not Foul The Waters There For Any Reason. Please do reflect on it.

There are other people on the planet to consider other than those who post on PW.

Quote:
Cindy writes:

quote:The people on that other board have done *nothing* to deserve any trouble. As best I can tell, they are quite nice and welcoming, and they all get along well.

Duh!! You think?

quote:After all, if one simply wanted to register and post once to establish an IP address, this could be done with an innocuous post about the weather.

[/b]
And here's the point...you both have them, and both are valid.

Larry didn't post in the other forum until he had his tail yanked. Hard.

But even at that, he probably shouldn't have lobbed a salvo in. However....

He has a point, also. If some folks wish to have a "safe haven", 'tis best not to go poke in the neighbor's campfire.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
107 registered (Atrys, accordeur, Alux, ADWyatt, 31 invisible), 1345 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153567 Topics
2250640 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Upright - Please help identify
by awyaks
34 minutes 59 seconds ago
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Fazioli "factory tour" video.
by R_B
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Piano Science
by venice1
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission