2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, 17 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yeah doing that would be kinda anti American.

Jgoo do you really think that they can make sure that no-one with a nuclear weapon enters the city?? Can they protect the skies?? I think its really easy to miss a couple terrorist's when there's millions of people out on the streets.
I just prey for the best, but if anything does happen I wont be shocked.

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Um, I don't think that they're going to attack us with nukes, that is, IF they even attack us at all. However, we cannot rule out the possibility of a nuclear attack against our nation. If Seattle is the target city for a nuclear attack against the United States, then there's really nothing that we can do to prepare for it. We'll just have to try to stop it before it happens. And, if a nuclear attack does occur, I think that it will be with a dirty bomb, which does far less damage (but can blow up an entire stadium) but still spreads deadly radiation everywhere. Some other targets could include Boeing and/or Microsoft if the Space Needle isn't hit. But there are also several other places within the Pacific Northwest (and not just Seattle) that terrorists would probably just love to target. Its scary to think of but we can't just be scared like this non stop, or the terrorists will win. Just go about daily things with a higher alertness of the people around you and thats good enough. You shouldn't need to be constantly scared or worried.

For off-topic discussion, please feel free to visit www.coffee-room.com
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Classical Player:

I just prey for the best.
are you pretty good at catching them? and then how do you prepare them?

wink just teasing.. smile

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

Grand Obsession: A Piano Odyssey
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
jgoo, i agree with you. just live your life the best you can. i'm sure the feds will do the best they can to avert any attacks, and sometimes you just have to accept that some things are beyond your control. after all, we're all going to go some way, some time.

happy fourth!

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

Grand Obsession: A Piano Odyssey
jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by pique:
Originally posted by Classical Player:
[b]
I just prey for the best.
are you pretty good at catching them? and then how do you prepare them?

wink just teasing.. smile [/b]
LOL, pique.

Also Originally posted by pique:
happy fourth!
Yes, you have a happy fourth too! Everyone have a happy fourth!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Along these lines, wonder who came up with the brilliant idea to color code the alerts?

It seems pretty silly to me. Unlike air quality alerts which can be scientifically measured, the terrorist alerts can't. How can you possibly measure the probability of some mad terrorist getting bypassing security procedures and attacking. It's impossible.

I though it was better when they just said high alert, warning, and such. It made more sense.

Does anyone really pay much attention to them any more?

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
The color-coded alerts are a recycled idea from the Cold War and the possibility of nuclear attack.

Since the code has been yellow for so long, I would pay attention if it suddenly changed. other than that, business as usual.

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
N
N
Maybe I am just a Texas Redneck with a serious attitude problem mad mad mad but:

Another terrorist attack on our soil will have dire consequences for those who choose to perpetuate attacks on the innocent. I am very sure of one thing. Whether you like George Bush or hate him, he has good ol' boy red American blood in him that doesn't take well to violence against our citizens. There are quite a few grave markers in Texas with murderers names etched in stone. (uh oh another can of worms) He won't fool around with these nuts. They may all be toasted nuts soon, although not the edible type.

I am afraid that another terrorist attack is coming. We all need to pray daily for our country and leaders. Oops...there's that God thing again. Better watch out for the ACLU (Association of Communist Liberal Underminers). For years we have been forewarned about these crazy idiots. Makes a pretty good argument for pre-emptive strikes.

Get Your Own Bag! My wife is taken!
jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by bcarey:
Along these lines, wonder who came up with the brilliant idea to color code the alerts?
We have a thread just for this topic in the 9/11 forum. You may have to do a little digging to find it though. That was a few months ago.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Jolly:
The color-coded alerts are a recycled idea from the Cold War and the possibility of nuclear attack.

Since the code has been yellow for so long, I would pay attention if it suddenly changed. other than that, business as usual.
Which brings me to a question I have had for a long time.

We are supposed to be extra watchful on the fourth. We are supposed to be even more watchful if the color of the alert changes.

Just what, exactly, are we supposed to be watching for? And just what are we supposed to do if we find it?

Defender of the Landfill Piano
jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Just what, exactly, are we supposed to be watching for? And just what are we supposed to do if we find it?
We are supposed to be on a watch for any kind of suspicious activity around us, and are to alert the proper authorities if we find it.

All ye doubters,

As of right now, it appears that the event at LAX is considered a terrorist event, at least by the Israeli goverment.

Of course, only three people are dead, and the operations of one of the nation's busiest airports were severely curtailed.

Still doubting?

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
A couple hundred will die this weekend on the nations highways. As usual, de facto President Cheney and his sidekick failed to connect the dots. I, Hillary, and Tom, want to launch a Congressional investigation to find out what they knew and when they knew it.

I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Derick

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Doesn't appear to be many people in the office today. I am certain they are being detained by the Generalissimo and Il Duce.

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Shhhhhhhhhh, I'm listening in on a conversation Hillary is having with Reverend Al.

Derick

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Could this be the Democratic Presidential ticket for 2004?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
God, let's hope so! Oh sorry, didn't mean to say that nasty word.

Derick

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I could be inspired to work hard for their nomination. I may feel less inspired about actually voting for them.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
You are not implying that you don't think they stand a chance are you?

See the Republicans will stop minorities from voting, mess up all of Florida's punch cards and then go running to the Supreme Court. The Democratic controlled house will launch an investigation. The court certainly won't want to appear partial and will NOT appoint another President.

Hillary and Al will win by default!

Derick

P.S. Can we call her Il Duce Clinton?

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Assuming that the election is anything but a landslide for the Republicans they would not stand a chance with the Republican controlled House. Hard as we may wish it were not so, there will be a lot of first time voters motivated by the responsibility to vote against someone for the first time in their lives and it would not be against the incumbent. Hill and Al should do well in New York and......New York and.....did I mention New York?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission