2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (1957, Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,882 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
As some of you already know, an unimaginable tragedy has happened to one of our own.

Peggy, who you all know as Justme, moved to the Northport, Florida a couple years ago to be near her family and grandchildren. As you may have seen on the national news, her daughter-in-law.. her grandchildren’s mother .. Denise Amber Lee was abducted from her home and murdered Thursday. You can read more about the family, the crime and her fight to stay alive at this link and the various links on the bottom of that page.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080118/BREAKING/624076310

Peggy has been around these forums since day one. She has always been respected. As a former piano dealer she has been a source of information and wisdom for piano shoppers, and always a voice for compassion for everyone here. In all these years we have never, ever seen anyone who did not like her.

This is the stuff that happens to other people - not people we know. But it did. Noah, 2, and Adam, 6 months, are left without their mother and Peggy’s son, Nathan without his wife. They will not remember their mother - a sadder circumstance we cannot imagine.

These kids and Nathan are going to need a lot of help in the coming days and years. We have an opportunity here to help take care of our own. We are starting a fund to both help this family with today’s expenses and hopefully also an education fund for the boys. This will include at least Piano World, The New Coffee Room, the Well Tempered Forum and Piano Facts.

What we ask of you now is not to send a check yet, but to PM your pledge amount to Jodi, who is present by that name in all the forums, and to post that you have pledged in this thread. You need not include the amount in this thread and no list of who gave how much will ever be published. We are asking for this pledge in advance of the check so that we can figure out the appropriate vehicle for the collection of funds. We want you to post a quick response in this thread once you've PM’ed Jodi so that we can gauge how close we are to hearing from everyone who's expressed an interest to help out - again the idea is for us to know approximately how much we'll collect beforehand so we can set up the collection facility accordingly. We will post details of where to actually send checks in the coming days.

We will work on the legalities of the fund tomorrow with the attorneys who are members of the various fora and Peggy’s close friends, in order to assure proper collection, handling and distribution of all funds. The details will be available to all.

Our sincere hope is that we can collect enough to help the boys today and in the future, to ease the burden on their father today, and to take advantage of the power of time to help with their education in the coming years.

We ask that you help with what you can, however big or small. The online piano community has an amazing diversity in people’s location, age and circumstance, so every donation is a godsend, one you should be proud of. We cannot bring Denise back to her children - but with hundreds, maybe thousands, of current active posters and readers we can work a miracle where one is surely needed today.

Sincerely,

Mikhailoh
Jon NYC
George K
Larry
Jack Frost
Jodi
et al

(We would love but for space and time to list ALL of you... everyone who has expressed their support, prayers and compassion. Despite our disagreements on here, we ARE a community, and we would challenge you to find one better.)

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Wonderful idea.

I've PM'ed Jodi with a pledge.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I PMed my pledge to Jodi.

If you don't talk to your children about equal temperment, who will?
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
I have too.

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I've followed this, with a heavy heart from the beginning. Michael, how do I PM Jodi? Sorry, I don't know her. Money is so irrelevant, but from this distance, there's not much more that I can give, other than prayers. I would like to help.

If needed, as you know, I'm a lawyer, and my firm's escrow fund has been used before by PW members to help others. My firm is available to help if there is anything we can do.

My heart goes out to the family.

Mark

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Here's how you PM Jodi:

Go to this link:

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/profile/11.html

Then hit the 'Send New Private Message' link in the upper right.

Thanks J. Mark and everyone else.

If you don't talk to your children about equal temperment, who will?
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Thanks, J. Mark. You were one of the folks I suggested to help set this up properly and we may well be contacting you as we get more into it. I know you were instrumental in helping BradKy.

To PM Jodi just find one of her posts, click on her screen anme and select 'send a private message' at the upper right I believe. Then type out your pledge in the message box.

Thanks for your help and compassion here.

Michael

====

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Or, to make it easier, here is a link to her profile. Up above the main box there is 'Send a Private Message' option.

Michael

====

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I've also sent Jodi a message with my pledge. J. Mark, thank you for offering to help.

[Linked Image]
I'm in. Nothing can repair the damage, but we can surely express our compassion and support.

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Since Jodi's having dinner guests this evening and the PM boxes aren't unlimited in space, maybe post a link to her PM box in Piano Facts, WTF and PW as well...just in case somebody gets the "full" message?

Great idea:

THis is her WTF profile:

http://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/...le&u=3060035433

THis is her PW profile:

and this is her PF profile:

http://www.armleg.com/forum/profile.php?mo...forum=pianosinc

Michael

====

C
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
C
PM sent

Rich Lindahl
Piano Restorations in Central CT
www.rivervalleypiano.com
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
I don't know if I should respond both here and in the ABF but I'm in and PM to Jodi sent.

Greg
Pledge sent.

I'm on.

My absolute deepest and heartfelt sympathies to Peggy and family.

Remaining connected in quiet prayer.

Norbert

S
S
My pledge is in.

I am so sorry.

Baldwin SF-10 320152, Marshall & Wendell, Steinway B
If you guys think that it would be appropriate, maybe we can get an address that we can send some cards/thoughts to as well. (I'm guessing a home address would not be appropriate though...). I'm so sorry for this family's loss. I'm here for you if you just need someone to chat with off-line.

lovebach
O
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
O
You who are organizing this are saints. Thank you.

Pledge sent - might be more.

Happiness is a freshly tuned piano.
Jim Boydston, proprietor, No Piano Left Behind - technician
www.facebook.com/NoPianoLeftBehind
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
You who are organizing this are saints. Thank you.

Pledge sent - might be more.
Saints might be a bit of an exaggeration.... laugh but thanks.

Michael

====

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by C7 Player:
I don't know if I should respond both here and in the ABF but I'm in and PM to Jodi sent.
Like Chicago voting, we encourage you to pledge early and pledge often. laugh

We thank you, C7 Player - and all of you who have pledged so far and all of those who will pledge. Look what we can do together!

Michael

====

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission