Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#774111 - 08/19/04 02:44 PM So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
pianopimp Offline

Loc: US of A
To those who posted on my "thinking about getting a car thread," thank you. Seriously, you did your best and I appreciate it tremendously.

WARNING: Do not read on if you're in a good mood.

So, my mom spoke to my dad via phone today (they're divorced) and decided... no car. What the **** he has to do with it I don't know, because he doesn't live in the States and has no ****ing idea of how good of a driver I am. So I am hella****ed at my mom for not supporting me, and also mad because I have caused such a big deal in the family and may even have abused my rights to borrow my mom and stepfathers cars now. So I'm ****ed at them yet ****ed at myself, too.

Another thing happened, to spice it all up. My sister's been on the comp ALL day and I ask if I can check my mail, at 11:40 PM. She refuses to get off. Finally she does, and shuts the thing down when I specifically tell her not to- I'M GOING ON IT.

So what do I do?? I break her favorite CD, I spit in her nailpolish, and delete a whole lot of shi* she's written over the summer. HAHAHA gone. So this makes me feel better, but I hate her so much the hate is almost tangible.

I had really looked forward to getting a car though. Maybe it's for the best, but parents are such *******s.

Miserable.

-PianoKiller

Piano & Music Accessories
#774112 - 08/19/04 02:46 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
It may be for the best. I would hate to have encountered you on the road while you were in such a mood.

#774113 - 08/19/04 02:57 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
pianojuggler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Wow. One for Dr. Laura.

#774114 - 08/19/04 02:58 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
gryphon Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Okemos, MI

#774115 - 08/19/04 02:59 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
pianopimp Offline

...huh?

#774116 - 08/19/04 03:04 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
ChickGrand Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Midwest U.S.
Did anyone ever see the film made from Stephen King's "Christine"? Why does that come to mind?

Pianopimp--How old are you? Are you old enough to register a car in your own name? If so, use the money you have saved as at least a down payment and buy yourself a car. And settle down. If your parents see you behaving in a mature manner and taking responsibility for yourself, they are more likely to respond in a way that pleases you in the future. You are very disappointed right now, but the shortest path to overcoming that is to deal with it in a mature manner.

#774117 - 08/19/04 03:07 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
No offense, but if it were consulted on the "car decision", I'd have to say that I don't think you are ready for the responsibility of owning, or driving, a car.

What was your sister writing that you deleted? That could be the worst of all the things you did. At least the CD and nail polish can be replaced.

Derick

#774118 - 08/19/04 03:11 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
johnmoonlight Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lancaster, pa
 Quote:
Originally posted by pianopimp:

So what do I do?? I break her favorite CD, I spit in her nailpolish, and delete a whole lot of shi* she's written over the summer.
-PianoKiller [/b]
To me it doesn't sound like you're old enough to drive! :rolleyes:
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole
That he's in.

#774119 - 08/19/04 03:12 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
pianopimp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chickgrand:
Did anyone ever see the film made from Stephen King's "Christine"? Why does that come to mind?

Pianopimp--How old are you? Are you old enough to register a car in your own name? If so, use the money you have saved as at least a down payment and buy yourself a car. And settle down. If your parents see you behaving in a mature manner and taking responsibility for yourself, they are more likely to respond in a way that pleases you in the future. You are very disappointed right now, but the shortest path to overcoming that is to deal with it in a mature manner. [/b]
Chickgrand-

I am 17. Yes, my parents' main argument is that I can go ahead and buy whatever I want when I'm 18. And we'll see how I am then.

As for the maturity thing, well, part of what ****es me off is that I have a 4.0 GPA all through my (so far) three years of High School (with 2 AP classes last year, 11th, English and Music theory which I had A's in and got 5s on both AP exams). My SATs were a 1470, and I rarely do things I'm not allowed to do. So haven't I earned this respect already?? Haven't I proved myself to be a good person?

Of course I don't justify outbursts like the one I had today! This is why I decided to post here instead of breaking 5 other CDs. Ventilate. Cool down.

#774120 - 08/19/04 03:16 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
pianopimp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by johnmoonlight:
 Quote:

So what do I do?? I break her favorite CD, I spit in her nailpolish, and delete a whole lot of shi* she's written over the summer.
-PianoKiller [/b]
To me it doesn't sound like you're old enough to drive! :rolleyes: [/b]
Eh, well,I certainly am not proud. However, there are many other, deeper things that have been piling up over the summer not mentioned here. I have seen another person within me today, unfortunately the really bad side. Happens when you get slapped right across the face.

Still don't justify my actions though.

But needed to ventilate.

#774121 - 08/19/04 03:21 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
bcarey Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
Growing up is so hard to do. Believe me, I have been there, when I was 16, and now when I am ancient. Think grandmotherish.

The best advice I can give is to use your common sense and stay alive. When I was your age, I thought I was a good driver too. Little did I know! I wasn't! One bumpup, with thankfully no lasting repercussions, lik serious injury made me much more cautious.

Can't help with the computer time thing. Fight that out with your sibling. At least its not life threatening.

#774122 - 08/19/04 03:23 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
Phlebas Offline

Loc: New York City
 Quote:
[QUOTE]
As for the maturity thing, well, part of what ****es me off is that I have a 4.0 GPA all through my (so far) three years of High School (with 2 AP classes last year, 11th, English and Music theory which I had A's in and got 5s on both AP exams). My SATs were a 1470, and I rarely do things I'm not allowed to do. So haven't I earned this respect already?? Haven't I proved myself to be a good person?

[/b]
Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. None of that has anything to do with maturity.

You're not quite ready for a car yet.

#774123 - 08/19/04 03:33 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

pianopimp,

Your father's right--you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

But most importantly--your sister's right--you shouldn't be allowed on the Internet.

Next problem...

#774124 - 08/19/04 03:33 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
johnmoonlight Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lancaster, pa
 Quote:
Originally posted by Phlebas:
Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. None of that has anything to do with maturity.

You're not quite ready for a car yet. [/QB]
:D \:D
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole
That he's in.

#774125 - 08/19/04 04:02 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
ycul Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: U.K.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Tom-*K:
pianopimp,

But most importantly--your sister's right--you shouldn't be allowed on the Internet.

Next problem... [/b]
Where've you been cheeky. I've been rude about you several times recently without so much of a whimper from you.

#774126 - 08/19/04 04:18 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ycul:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Tom-*K:
pianopimp,

Next problem... [/b]
Where've you been cheeky. I've been rude about you several times recently without so much of a whimper from you. [/b]
I've been away. A couple of hurricanes around my house (literally and figuratively.) Sorry.

Here for you now, Luv.

#774127 - 08/19/04 05:03 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
KlavierBauer Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
wow,

Someone in this thread definitely doesn't need to be piloting a huge piece of steel down the road a high velocities.

I'm shocked by the ability of new drivers today. I mentioned to a girl recently that it was her responsibility to merge when in the merge lane, not the responsibility of the other drivers to let her in. Her mother said "really? I never knew that..."
I then preached for a bit about how people shouldn't stop and wait for a spot, but should get up to speed on the on-ramp, then merge, and how people shouldn't drive in the left lane unless they're passing, and so on.

The driving age should be raised to 18, and you're a perfect example of why. Driving is a priveledge, not a right. And until you are 18, of COURSE your parents have EVERY right not to give you a car, or let you get a license, or whatever else.

Now I'm the one "ventilating" ....

I'm with TomK on this one, and you should feel horrible for deleting your sister's work. Thankfully she can retrieve it if she wants to... nothing deleted is ever really deleted.

#774128 - 08/19/04 07:36 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
Some day you will be piloting this 2 ton piece of metal and I will be in a different state. At least until you can govern your emotions a little bit better.

#774129 - 08/20/04 05:21 AM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
tcmod Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NC
Pianopimp,

While your actions were a bit immature I am willing to give you a bit of support while in your current situation. What seems to have been missed by some posters is that you mentioned that your parents are divorced. Speaking from experience, I can understand how hard it is to becoming an adult in a home with a stepparent. Your mother is having to juggle 4 relationships (you,sis,husband,ex) and probably unable to give each the attention it needs.

Your accomplishments are nothing to be overlooked. Great job on the grades and SAT! It looks to me that any college would be glad to have you. I would suggest anything out of state. It will be much easier to find out just what kind of pimp you want to be the further from home you can get.

Don't sweat the car issue. Perhaps you can find a little pimpette with a nice ride and save your money.

Good luck and keep up the great work in school. It all starts with those good grades.

#774130 - 08/20/04 10:26 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
ny1911 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
You are not a good driver...you don't have the miles under your belt. You might be good compared to your peers, but don't mistake that for being a good driver.

#774131 - 08/20/04 11:08 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
iamcanadian Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Anyone who uses that kind of language in a public forum seems a bit immature to me. How hard is it to turn the computer back on, really?

You need to calm down. I have 2 brothers, and I get mad at them sometimes - but I never hate them, or "feel like killing".

BTW, I'm 19 and I still don't have a car. I have $8000 for one, but I don't truly need one(I bike and take the bus to school). Why is everyone in such a hurry to drive?

#774132 - 08/21/04 01:44 AM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
Orlando Gibbons Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: CA
 Quote:
Originally posted by iamcanadian:
Why is everyone in such a hurry to drive? [/b]
The chicks!

He is a pimp, after all...

#774133 - 08/21/04 01:27 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
KlavierBauer Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Orlando, I love your avatar

#774134 - 08/21/04 07:42 PM Re: So- the car thing didn't work out, I hate my sister, and I feel like killing
iamcanadian Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Inigo Montoya:[/b] I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, you will reach the top alive.
Man in Black :[/b] Throw me the rope.

Haha, I love that movie.

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
69 registered (ando, AZNpiano, Asmodeus, Alux, 16 invisible), 1127 Guests and 54 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74318 Members
42 Forums
153721 Topics
2253488 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Eagles - Hotel California (Piano Cover)
by Mr. Pianoman
04/25/14 03:29 AM
Student growing tall
by pianoplayer84
04/25/14 02:41 AM
Whole tone scales leading to interesting series of keys
by caters
04/25/14 12:16 AM
Another beginner
by mojoe
04/25/14 12:02 AM
GH1 tuning pin torque
by awyaks
04/24/14 11:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission