Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
146 registered (Alan_Dublin, allakart, accordeur, 46 invisible), 1972 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#779120 - 05/02/02 09:28 PM Who Are They Talking To?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just who the heck are the Israeli's and Palestinians talking to with all this verbal bashing going on and on and on for what -- 60 years now? After that long, don't they think everyone has heard it all already?

There clearly is no need for the Palestinians to hear the Palestinian viewpoint or Israeli's to hear the Israeli viewpoint -- at least no need to preach to the choir so angrily.

Nor can they be talking to each other, since both sides seem to have given up listening long ago, assuming they have heard everything before.

Talking to the rest of the world? Why? We all really have heard it all before -- many, many times, for many, many years, from many, many angry spokespersons.

Perhaps the world political community? World leaders already know how this is going to end and vitually all of them are singing from the same hymn book. Palestinian State in the occupied territories. Secure Israel within its pre-1967 boundaries. There seems to be little disagreement in the rest of the world as to the acceptable and logical solution.

World public opinion? Yea, as if it is not already formed and hasn't been formed for a long time. For decades we have all been able to line up how the public in most countries would react if asked their thoughts.

So, who the heck are they talking to? Who are they trying to convince? And for what purpose?

I have a proposal. I recognize it would be unconstitutional in the US, but to be honest I am getting both aggravated and bored with both sides over there and would really like them to just shut them, get on with it and resolve this in the way we all know it is going to be resolved anyway.

So, here is my proposal. The world press is banned from the area. No cameras. No reporters. No mircrophones. No nothing. They cannot even go there and then come back and report.

No respresentative of the Israeli's or the Palestinians are allowed to discuss the conflict in any public forum anywhere in the world in any way. Private conversations for negotiating purposes are OK. But no public addresses. No public answers to questions. No public forums at all. And if there are any comments made, no reporter or press in the world is allowed to make it public.

No world leader or other spokesperson is allowed to speak of the conflict in public at all either. Private for negotiations, OK. Public? Nope. Same restrictions as representatives of the Palestinians and Israeli's.

You see, I suspect we may be seeing a war that is being kept going just for the public theater of it. These people like being on TV and on the front pages of the newspaper. They like seeing the world jump with every little attack one or the other makes. They like to see the scurrying around of diplomats because one side smiles or the other frowns.

What do parents do when the kids are fighting and both blaming the other? Send them both to their rooms and they are not allowed out until they can deal with each other. And no, we don't want to hear any more arguing. Just go to your rooms, think about it and leave us alone until you can work it out, kids.

It is the same thing here, it seems to me.

No, I am NOT blaming the press. I would not ban press coverage because of them. The press is just doing its job. I would ban press coverage because of the damned people involved. If there were no audience and no way to get to an audience, perhaps they would all just shut up and get on with it.

(No need to tell me how unworkable this is or to bring up the impossible logistics of it. I understand this is not a plausible idea. But it sure would be nice if we could do it and turn our attention to something really important where the people actually do want to be helped -- like the AIDS crisis in Africa.

And who knows? It just might work.

Piano & Music Accessories
#779121 - 05/02/02 09:39 PM Re: Who Are They Talking To?
Mr. Gould Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Interesting Idea...

#779122 - 05/03/02 05:09 AM Re: Who Are They Talking To?
lucy in the sky_dup1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NYC
Sadly, this isn't as simple as a couple of kids fighting . . .

Member, Red Piano Club
Member, 100 post club

Email: femmedada@aol.com

#779123 - 05/03/02 09:25 AM Re: Who Are They Talking To?
fmelliott Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia
You raise an interesting point. Our news is very tunnel visioned in what it shows. There is much more going on than we see. The analogy to spoiled children is apt, sadly this is a crueler situation.
If you read today's paper, you will see that the U.S. is now going to pay for rebuilding what Israel destroyed. Of course we are giving Israel more money also. Every time the "children" get fracteous we pay them to stop. Many people blindly support Israel due to their immense lobbying effort over the years and a weird misinterpretation of the Bible. Now the Muslims are lining up for their share of attention and cash. Who is stupid? We are.
My only sympathy is to the Christian community which gets crushed by Jews and Muslims. Most Christians have been forced to leave. There used to be lots of them in Palestine and Lebanon.

#779124 - 05/03/02 01:30 PM Re: Who Are They Talking To?
DT Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Some support Israel because it is the only true democracy in the region. They actually have elections in which the people choose among candidates and a government in which both Jews and Arabs have elected representatives. You don't find that in Jordon, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, or areas controlled by Arafat.

#779125 - 05/03/02 07:18 PM Re: Who Are They Talking To?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucy in the sky:
Sadly, this isn't as simple as a couple of kids fighting . . .[/b]
You know, Lucy, perhaps it is. Clearly, the effect on so many people, the horrible effects, is much more. But perhaps it really is like two kids fighting. It sure sounds like it to me. Maybe what we need to do is for the entire world to send them to bed without their supper, so to speak -- in this case, without any financial aid at all to either side -- and see what happens?

Obviously, nothing else works because both sides just end up yelling at each other and hitting each other again.

Sure sounds like kids to me.

(I have this image in my head -- not a pretty one, at all. First Sharon and then Arafat being put over Bush2's knee and paddled! Then being told to kiss and make up. LOL!!)

What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chick Corea master class
by Dfrankjazz
11/23/14 03:42 PM
KAWAI MP7 - Touch Curve
by IMOL
11/23/14 03:20 PM
C. Bechstein M-180 made for American climate?
by Twindad
11/23/14 01:42 PM
what's the best price for a ritmuller 188r?
by zhengy4
11/23/14 01:11 PM
Can twisting bass strings make them brighter in sound
by Silverwood Pianos
11/23/14 12:36 PM
Forum Stats
77013 Members
42 Forums
159295 Topics
2339983 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission