2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,272 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#794275 03/26/02 03:28 PM
E
Eldon Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
E
Yep, you read it correctly. Here it is spring, and what a mess. You Montana/western folks would probably laugh at our little bit of ice and MAYBE two inches of snow. The forecast is for 58 degrees tomorrow! There, I hope this lightens up the coffee room a little.....since I can't bake, and didn't have a recipe to post. :rolleyes: However, Nina, I am interested in finding this low carb flour you mentioned. I wonder where I can find it around here?

Sincerely,
Eldon
#794276 03/26/02 03:33 PM
DT Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm sure that's all they use on The Hill in their pasta. They keep it right next to the diet Chianti. laugh

Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as heck...
#794277 03/26/02 04:03 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by DT:
I'm sure that's all they use on The Hill in their pasta. They keep it right next to the diet Chianti. laugh

Man, I sure do miss The Hill...

Sacred cows make the best hamburger. - Clemens
#794278 03/26/02 07:17 PM
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally posted by Eldon:
You Montana/western folks would probably laugh at our little bit of ice and MAYBE two inches of snow.

Nope, not laughing. Nice to know someone else is looking forward to spring weather. All that talk earlier of roses and tomatoes was making me mopey. frown

Now excuse me. I have to go put on my parka and boots to take my daughter to her piano lesson. smile

#794279 03/26/02 07:35 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I live in Seattle. I snowed on the first day of spring here. We got three weeks where it snowed at the end of the week, yet inbetween it was warm, dry, and wet. What I mean is that one day it would be warm and dry, the next it would be cool and rainy, and then snow at the end of each week. It was crazy! But I love the snow, so I didn't mind. Just wish that it would have stuck around for more than just one day, though.

For off-topic discussion, please feel free to visit www.coffee-room.com
#794280 03/26/02 08:01 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I wore shorts today! :p

penny

#794281 03/26/02 10:27 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A lot of people are saying that this crazy weather ( warm in the winter, cold in the spring) is due to global warming. i am not so sure, however.. i think we're just going through a weird weather pattern ( though global warming probably does contribute a bit to it). ..

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music." ~Rachmaninoff
#794282 03/26/02 10:48 PM
E
Eldon Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
E
Oh Penny...now you've really ticked me off. frown

Sincerely,
Eldon
#794283 03/27/02 01:34 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by PianoMuse:
A lot of people are saying that this crazy weather ( warm in the winter, cold in the spring) is due to global warming. i am not so sure, however.. i think we're just going through a weird weather pattern ( though global warming probably does contribute a bit to it). ..

I've heard the same thing. For some reason, as the earth warms up, the heat goes to the polar caps. (Prehapps becuase of the magnetic field? I don't know for sure). Anyway, the warm air pushes all of the cold air away from the polar caps into the rest of the world. This is just what I've heard. Wheather or not it is fact, I do not know. Here is another theory of how Earth actually goes through cycles of warming and cooling (as it does):

The Earth is a naturally warm place. However, as the polar ice caps melt and sea level rises, severe pressure is put onto the Earth, which brings up magama (sp?) from Earths core and causes mass eruptions of volcanoes throughout the world. The ash being sent high into the stratisphere blocks out sun light (and heat) from Earth's surface, consiquently causeing the next cooling period. Yet another good theory.

By the way, did any of you here about that ice shelf that colapsed on the antarctic peninula? An ice berg somewhere between the sizes of Rhode Island and Deleware broke broke off as a result and is now wandering the ocean.

#794284 03/27/02 03:36 AM
S
S
Will Rogers once said "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, just wait ten minutes." Truer words have never been spoken.

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: Shadorunnr ]

|| ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || |||
#794285 03/27/02 10:20 AM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Well, here it's supposed to be 85 degrees and I think that's probably going to be topped.

But I am honestly NOT gloating, because we all know what's just around the corner. On these first truly warm days in AZ, everyone gets a little cranky. "Is this it?" "Early for summer, don't you think?"

We have our war stories about hot weather just like others have their snowstorm anecdotes. I stopped a meeting cold once because I was late arriving, unable to take off from our airport because it was too HOT... 122 degrees and at the time airport speed/temperature takeoff charts ended at something like 118 degrees. (They've since changed.)

Hubby and I have checked around (we do this in the summer in front of our strategically placed fans in every room) and I think that Phoenix is the hottest, most populated area on earth... with the possible exception of Cairo.

If you want to visit, come fast! We're aiming for 100+ and there's no stopping it!...

Nina

#794286 03/27/02 10:24 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Jgoo,

With regard to the Antartic ice shelf, that has happened before, a decade or so ago, a berg broke off that was something like 92 miles long, and was said to have raised the level of the ocean globally by a couple of millimetres when it melted.

Is it just me, or is this discussion deja vu? Didn't we get into this some time ago on the old forum?

Anyway, I'm in Newfoundland - a rock in the North Atlantic. We here have no hope of spring until late May, usually. Any one see "The Shipping News", the scene in the old station wagon when they arrive home in NF in May, and it's snowing? Typical of here in spring. Heck, many people here joke about welcoming global warming - might make spring time around here a bit more bearable. Some snow melted away from the house last week, exposing a flower bed, and Tulip and croacus stems were peeking up through the soil. I pitied them, knowing what lies in store for them yet.

So, Penny, I hope ya fell and skinned your knees while wearing your shorts! wink

Jamie

"A cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing" Oscar Wilde.
#794287 03/27/02 10:03 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I read something interesting when reading about the berg, while the shores of Antarctica are warming, its desert valleys are cooling. As for Newfoundland, I know where that is. I am like, ubsessed (sp?) with geography. My grandmother has this gigantic atlas that I always look at when I'm at her house. Its my favriote, but I also have maps at home that I look at too. I also like to draw my own maps. I made one of North America earlier today, just for fun. I have to trace them though, I'm a terrible artist when it comes to drawing free hand. I haven't marked any physical peatures yet except for the oceans, the great lakes, the Bering Sea and the Bering Straight, and the Gulfs of California, Alaska, and Mexico. I have, however, drawn in the U.S.-Canadian border and the U.S.-Mexican border. It is only Canada, U.S., and Mexico, part of Cuba, and a tiny, ity bit of Russia by Alaska. Sorry, that was nothing that you really cared about. Just had to add it, though.

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission