2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
54 members (bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 9 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
S
S
Originally posted by Jolly:
When a homosexual paints their lifestyle as "normal", or even better than the heterosexual norm, and induces a child to immerse himself within that lifestyle.

Children are not fair game for alternative lifestyles.
How do people become gay since they were raised in a "non-alternative" lifestyle?
Maybe roll modeling just doesn't apply to the straight/gay thing.
A gay kid raised in an environment of intolerance WILL be more likely to grow up straight acting and appearing, but that ain't that same thing as straight, Jolly.

I do not have children.
Does that disqualify me from having an opinion here?

Oh, and gay IS normal for gay people.
Just like straight is persumably "normal" for you.
Then again they say the biggest homophobes are the most insecure hets, terrified of their shadow (in the Jungian sense).

BTW Jolly, do you think evil and satan are in all of us or they are external?

I think I know.
I know I think.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member

Then if apple's son is lured into homosexual activity, it is simply because he was born that way.

I understand your position perfectly, and allow me to say, I disagree.
If Apple's son turns out to be a homosexual, you can bet your tootin' it wasn't because he was lured (unless there was something I missed in this thread). She as likely as you, me, Kenny or Hillary to have a homosexual offspring.

Edit: ... or John Ashcroft. shocked

S
S
Is gayness inherited?
Do you think it is a recessive or a dominant trait?

Of course real data will never exist until it is safe for gays to stand up and be counted.
Not in our lifetime judging by the crap in this coffee room.

One thing that makes me barf is how quickly people say, “ Why, I have two friends, or cousins, who are gay. . .”
After demonstrating membership in some cool club, they pen their poison.

I think I know.
I know I think.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by SameKenny:
[b] When a homosexual paints their lifestyle as "normal", or even better than the heterosexual norm, and induces a child to immerse himself within that lifestyle.

Children are not fair game for alternative lifestyles.
How do people become gay since they were raised in a "non-alternative" lifestyle?
Maybe roll modeling just doesn't apply to the straight/gay thing.
A gay kid raised in an environment of intolerance WILL be more likely to grow up straight acting and appearing, but that ain't that same thing as straight, Jolly.

I do not have children.
Does that disqualify me from having an opinion here?

Oh, and gay IS normal for gay people.
Just like straight is persumably "normal" for you.
Then again they say the biggest homophobes are the most insecure hets, terrified of their shadow (in the Jungian sense).

BTW Jolly, do you think evil and satan are in all of us or they are external? [/b]
No children? Then you do not understand, not completely.

When you have children, you try to make their world a little better. You try to insulate them from worldliness, and you try to instill within them the values you think they should have to make their way through life.

You have that responsibility, and no amount of fancy word-play, or logical deductive arguments can convince me to waver from that basic truth.

As to whether we all have Evil inside, I am afraid that is our nature, and a burden we must bear. Chalk me up on the side of Original Sin.

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
S
S
What if they are gay?
What if I am gay?

A better world for our kids? yes we agree.

Jolly, since I don't have kids would you like me to delete my posts here?
Verily verily I say unto you, those who "don't understand, not completely" should not be welcome in a forum, perhaps on this earth. Right?

Wouldn't it be comfy if everyone was like you?
May you be blessed with gay children that you may grow.

Enuf pontification for one night.
I'm sleepy.
Hugs,
Opps, sholder slap, "How 'bout them Cubbies?"

I think I know.
I know I think.
Sorry old son, my children are a far cry from gay, so you'll have to just chew your lip on that one.

As to deleting your posts, no, I did not say that, you did. I stand behind what I did say, however. If someone does not have children, they do not completely understand the responsibility, and the viewpoint that comes with it.

Lastly, I did not say everyone had to be like me, and I don't think I ever have. I will say what I believe to be right, and what I believe to be wrong.

I do not suffer from the disease of situational ethics, nor moral relativism.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Welll..

I had not checked in on this thread until now.

Wow!

I am somewhat chagrined at the tack the discussion has taken. Jolly's little ditty is really about transvestites, not homosexuals. And most transvestites are straight.

You can be disappointed, but you cannot walk away. This fight has just begun. Senator John Edwards
Go back and re-read, J.A.

You are confused some more.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by apple:
From personal experience...

In my neighborhood there's a 10 year old boy with a homosexual uncle. He started sharing 'tricks' with my same age son a while ago that he learned from his uncle....

games to play,
things to say,
ways to pass a rainy day
things not appropriate to share in this forum.

This kids little brother now is trying to get my daughter and her friend to play "kiss my peepee" and other stuff. I talk with these kids. They love their uncle. They have no idea this type of behavior is innappropriate.

I know children will be children and play whatever silly sex games they will.

I resent it being introduced into this innocent community of children by some gay uncle who wants his nephew to **** his ****.

I don't mean to focus or accuse a member of the gay community, altho I'd like to see this guy stay out of our neighborhood. (and incidentally I've talked with him). I just want to illustrate that it is inappropriate for children to be exposed to sexuality by those who are not their parents. It should not be taught in schools.

For many of us, sexuality is not something to be taken so lightly.
Apple

I know I am late in my comments, but I echo others who recommend you report this uncle.

You and I are both parents. We both know what is "normal" sexual curiosity and sexual play in little children ("I'll show you mine if you show me yours") and w eknow how to handle it without making it more than it really is. But what you are describing is not normal play.

Nor is having a 10 year old that sexualized normal.

One of the first signs of sexually abused child is a child having/playing at sexual activities beyond his years. No, you cannot be sure this 10 year old is abused. But there is definitely a red flag there.

The fact the uncle is gay has nothing to do with it, in my opinion. My guess is the uncle being gay does not really bother you either. The fact the uncle may be a pedophile has a lot to do with it and isn't this what really bothers you? As a parent, if there were a pedophile in my neighborhood -- gay, straight or whatever -- I would take action to protect my children.

A child in your neighborhood needs to be protected. And it sounds like his younger brother needs to be too. And perhaps other children in the neighborhood.

Are you up to doing something about it? I think if it were me, I would make an appointment with the principal at the kids' school and just tell him what my suspicions are. Then let them check into it and handle it. They know how to handle these things -- unfortunately, they have had to learn.

You can be disappointed, but you cannot walk away. This fight has just begun. Senator John Edwards
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Then if apple's son is lured into homosexual activity, it is simply because he was born that way.
While one may be lured into a homosexual action, one cannot be lured into being homosexual.

I am certainly not advocating anyone's child be lured into any sexual activity -- homosexual or straight. But two little boys or two little girls doing something out of curiousity or because it feels good does not mean they are gay or lesbians.

Homosexuality is not defined by physical/sexual activity. It is defined by the gender one needs in order to find love, satisfaction and fulfillment in one's life partner. The sexual activity is nothing more than an expression of this, just as it is for heterosexuals.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Go back and re-read, J.A.

You are confused some more.
Well, I did as you suggested, Jolly. I re-read it. I cannot find one line that indicates the child in the skit is gay. What I find, though, is an entire song about a male enjoying wearing female clothing. In short, a transvestite -- most of whom are heterosexual.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by rvaga:
Happened to us several times when we lived in San Francisco. Fisherman's Wharf, the Presidio, other tourist trap areas where particularly weird gays would congregate to wave at people and just hang out (so to speak).

For example: One day, we were walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, two "men" saw us coming (me/wife/6 yr. old/2 yr. old). They turned sideways to somewhat block us from walking, then started passionately kissing and stroking each other while we were forced to watch. This display lasted for maybe 10-15 seconds, then they walked by, laughing.

How did I handle it? What did I say to my wife and kids?

Wait. . . First, let me ask people here in addition to bcarey:

How would YOU handle it?

If I had to handle it at all, I would have made some comment that such intense physical interaction should be done in private and then dropped it.

To me, what these men did was inappropriate -- and it would have been just as inappropriate if a man and woman had done it. To me, the problem was not two men, the problem was doing something in front of others that is meant to be done in a more private situation.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Sounds sensible enough to me.

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Larry--

A most gentle query: Why do you feel that the intent of these lyrics are to "indoctrinate" children to become homosexual? Could this not just be humor? When Allegra was younger, she loved walking around in my high heels and wearing her daddy's undershirt as a "gown." While you've mostly likely never tried it, provided that one has feet that can take it, walking in high heels can be fun. Occasionally, I slip on a pair of stilettos, and I love being eye-to-eye with the guys during intermission at the opera! It gives me an entirely new perspective on things. Could not a little boy like to "stand up" to his parents?

Lucy

Member, Red Piano Club
Member, 100 post club

Email: femmedada@aol.com
P
P
Originally posted by lucy in the sky:
Larry--

A most gentle query: Why do you feel that the intent of these lyrics are to "indoctrinate" children to become homosexual? Could this not just be humor?
I'm not Larry, but...

So let them say I?m like a girl!
What?s wrong with being like a girl?!
And let them jump and jeer and whirl?
They are the swine, I am the pearl!
And let them laugh and let them scream!
They?ll be beheaded when I?m queen!
When I rule the world! When I rule the world!
When I rule the world, in my mommy?s high heels!

...I'm not too sure about the humor thing.

While I don't think you can 'indoctrinate' someone into being gay (a gay friend told me that in kindergarten he fell in love with other boys, not girls, like I did), I wouldn't want my 5y old exposed to things like

"And let them jump and jeer and whirl?
They are the swine, I am the pearl!
And let them laugh and let them scream!
They?ll be beheaded when I?m queen! "
presented as humor in high heels.

I really fail to see how this is teaching respect.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Tom-*K:
Originally posted by LadyElton:
[b] ****ING...I'm a dyke
Two mutually exclusive things being presented here. laugh [/b]
thumb laugh laugh

I'll have to read through this entire thread when I get the chance!

While one who sings with his tongue on fire
Gargles in the rat race choir
Bent out of shape from society's pliers
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole
That he's in.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
One thing that makes me barf is how quickly people say, “ Why, I have two friends, or cousins, who are gay. . .”
Kenny,

I wasn't trying to be a name dropper if that was directed at me. Just trying to demonstrate why the stereotypes bothered me personally.

Ariel,

You did clarify things a lot. I wonder if you placing a higher value on traditional roles than I do is due to your being a single mother of boys (that was you, right?) Maybe I'm less traditional because being only 1/2 the parental team is so much easier than being all of it. Hat's off to you.

Lastly,

Someone educate me. Isn't a "queen" a homosexual transvestite reference? Or is it just a transvestite reference?

Todd

Previously: M&H AA (2006)
Currently: Phoenix C212 (2016)
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Matt G.:
[b] Define "lured".
Happy to do so.

When a homosexual paints their lifestyle as "normal", or even better than the heterosexual norm, and induces a child to immerse himself within that lifestyle.[/b]
"Lured" involves some sort of reward, which has not been demonstrated. And to even consider that anyone, no matter how militant, considers homosexuality better than heterosexuality, belies your complete ignorance of the subject. You really don't know any homosexuals, do you? Are you really of the opinion that there is some cadre of homosexuals out there subverting the minds of children to induct them into the (as you blithely spit out) "lifestyle" of homosexuality? Sorry, it doesn't exist. It doesn't need to exist.

Let's get one thing completely clear here. There is absolutely no excuse for any adult, gay or straight, to prey upon children for sexual activity. Period. Children do not have the mental or emotional capacity to understand the implications of sexual activity.

That said, though, there is an age at which children do become aware of sexual matters in a mostly adult sense. And at this age, kids start to become more clearly aware of whether they are attracted to the same or the opposite sex (or both). This is all spontaneously generated, needing no induction, coercion, argument or rationale from anyone else. It really just is what it is, and isn't influenced by any cultural or social factors.

What happens next, however, is a matter of pure socialization. A child that feels homosexual tendencies at that age who lives within a society that is highly intolerant of homosexual behavior will most likely hide any outward manifestation of his or her sexual attraction. Some may become so concerned that others will find out that they become über-macho or über-feminine, sometimes even more so than their otherwise straight counterparts. For others, the choice is to display an outward indifference to sexual matters so as not to raise any suspicions. And for yet another portion, the internalized loathing of their own homosexual attraction puts them into attack mode against other homosexuals, as if by externalizing the attraction and destroying it they can sublimate their own desires.

Any of these types can and do take opposite-sex spouses, have children and raise families, as they have since the dawn of time. Nobody "knows" they're homosexual except for the anonymous partners that such people pick up for sexual encounters. These people are the stock and trade of many a gay bar (hence the term "trade"), and form nearly the entire clientele base for gay and transvestite protitutes.

But, woe betide the child who for reasons of personal integrity refuses to hide behind a mask of heterosexual "normalness" in such a society. He or she will likely be ostracized by family, church and friends. And, usually, the younger the child, the more vehement the denouncement. What happens to these kids? They run away from home in an attempt to escape the torment, often only to find a netherworld of drugs and sex that will chew them up and spit them out. Or, some choose a take a more radical approach and kill themselves in a last-ditch effort to gain some peace.

Obviously, none of the scenarios presented above are "beneficial to society" for any number of reasons: loveless, trustless marriages, deception, violence, death, etc. But this is how things will remain until such time as society as a whole, and, perhaps even more importantly, we as individuals can learn to accept homosexuality as just another part of the human condition and not something revolting.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger. - Clemens
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by rvaga:
What benefit does legal protection guarantee...if the majority starts to hate those protected by law? ...
Hets concern:
Rvaga, speak for yourself and not the rest of us "Hets".

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Schnabel's advie to Horowitz: "When a piece gets difficult, make faces."
Originally posted by CrashTest:
Its funny how parents talk about their kids like they are property!
They are our responsibility. There's a difference.

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission