2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 9 invisible), 1,931 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by SameKenny:
Ariel
Your post is why I read this forum.
You reveal yourself.
You talk of your personal experience with your loved ones.
You reveal your conflicts.
What happened when "how it should be" crashes with "how it is".
I love that.
That is where I live.

So not puritan.
So not arogant.
So not principled.
So human.

Thanks
yes

jf

"Make the pie higher." GWB
S
S
Hey jolly, gryphon and renuda, (and who else?)
Why do you use fake names?
What are your real names?
What's amadah?
Ashamed?
Protecting your ill-gotten wealth?

Why are the most verbose righties less likely to show up at piano parties?

Also,
If lefties are more “live and let live” are they not more likely to not bother posting to "fix" anyone?
Or at least, more likely to see the futility of fighting?

Or, perhaps they just tolerate intolerance?

Anyone care to start a list to compare righties and lefties?
Monikers vs. real names.
Absent or present at events.

I think I know.
I know I think.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
If lefties are more “live and let live” are they not more likely to not post?
Or at least, to see the stupidity of fighting?
Or, tolerate intolerance?

Anyone care to start a list to compare?
Actually, my experience with lefties suggests they are less likely to ascribe to live and let live; oh, they're the first to spout the saying, but the last to actually live the idea.

S
S
Originally posted by Luke's Dad:
[b] If lefties are more “live and let live” are they not more likely to not post?

Actually, my experience with lefties suggests they are less likely to ascribe to live and let live; oh, they're the first to spout the saying, but the last to actually live the idea. [/b]
Luke's dad is a fake name!

. . .

Next. . .

I think I know.
I know I think.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Mr. Same Kenny (that's really your name?),

Please do not hijack the thread. If you're concerned about people not using their real names, start a separate thread about it.

mad

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hey jolly, gryphon and renuda, (and who else?)
Why do you use fake names?
What are your real names?
What's amadah?
Ashamed?
Protecting your ill-gotten wealth?

Why are the most verbose righties less likely to show up at piano parties?

Also,
If lefties are more “live and let live” are they not more likely to not post?

Actually most of us are not too hard to find, if you really want to.

But I do like to think that I'm smart enough to maintain at least a small modicum of privacy on the internet...

See, I pointed out to KathyK awhile back, that if I was a bad person, by using the link that was formerly on her profile, I could do about what I wanted, since I knew where she lived, and what she looked like. Since people are creatures of habit, a few days stakeout, a few innocuous inquiries, and I could have left her in a road ditch, with nobody the wiser.

As to your current writing quality, may I suggest that you go back to staring at poo in the toilet, as I suspect you are feces-faced enough to appreciate it.

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
S
S
My name is kenny.
I hosted PianoFourm's VERY FIRST piano party in my HOME.
My idea.

A brave act of trust, and the belief in humanity, and in the uniting power of music.
Open to both righties and lefties alike.
A good time was had by all.
All 5 So. Cal. piano parties since have been inclusive and transcendent experiences.
I seem to recall Bernard hosted a party in his home.
In New York, Brooklyn, no less.

What do ya say, next one at Jolly house?
-post edited-

I think I know.
I know I think.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
And I thought that I was turning this thread from the original post. Silly me. Looks like a donut to me. laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Luke's dad is a fake name!

. . .

Next. . .
Actually, more people call me by that than they do my given name laugh .
and that's capitol "D" to you :p .

If you go back to my first post on the forum, then under the name William88 before I lost my password, you will find that the reason I don't post under my given name deals with company policy for my employer. As we had unfortunately had an employee post false information (he was fired), we adopted this policy so that anything I post doesn't reflect poorly on my company.

Besides, what's it to you if I use an alias? Live and let live, isn' t that what you said before?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by rvaga:
Mr. Same Kenny (that's really your name?),

Please do not hijack the thread. If you're concerned about people not using their real names, start a separate thread about it.

mad
You're right. Sorry I got pulled into it.

Back to the thread at hand:

By the reckoning of those that defend the song/skit; do I have a right to put on a show at a school where a character sings about how they don't want to have sex, and all the other boys and girls laugh at him/her and call the character names, but it's ok because in the end, all the other children are going to be crack-whores and die of AIDS? After all, shouldn't we teach tolerance of those that wish to abstain?

How about a show where a christian boy sings about how he's made fun of because he won't shoplift, because he concentrats on Jesus at christmas and not Santa Claus, and because he prays; but it's ok, because in the end he will go to heaven while the other kids burn in eternal heck. That's appropriate for teaching tolerance of religion, isn't it?

S
S
Originally posted by Jolly:See, I pointed out to KathyK awhile back, that if I was a bad person, by using the link that was formerly on her profile, I could do about what I wanted, since I knew where she lived, and what she looked like. Since people are creatures of habit, a few days stakeout, a few innocuous inquiries, and I could have left her in a road ditch, with nobody the wiser.
[/QB]
Jolly
Will you murder me too?
If you DO host the next piano party, perhaps it should be at a local dealer.
Kenny

I think I know.
I know I think.
Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
The sad thing is that this child will eventually meet up with the likes of TomK, Jbryan and Larry in his life.

Now Elena, that was unfair. If he "met up with the likes of me", he would find that he was treated with the same respect that anyone else is, and would continue to receive that same treatment until he did something to cause me to treat him otherwise.

Tolerance works two ways. You want people to not stereotype homosexuals, so don't stereotype me.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Kenny's snapped.

And my name's TOM and my last name begins with a "K".

(apple and I have chatted about hosting a piano party in the Keys--but I have no piano there.)

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Luke's Dad:
By the reckoning of those that defend the song/skit; do I have a right to put on a show at a school where a character sings about how they don't want to have sex. . . After all, shouldn't we teach tolerance of those that wish to abstain?
I think that's a very good question.

Why do only certain perspectives of social mores get the green light for inclusion into K-12 curriculum, while other perspectives not?

Curious that in K-12 education, the promotion of acceptance of "diversity" was not implemented by caring people looking for humane benefits. The emphasis of including diversity training in all facets of public education was the result of corporations demanding (via NCEE) that schools provide a better work force: high school grads that could work in diverse groups in a group-consensus job environment, and be able to present issues in front of a group (public speaking emphasis). The implementation of diversity training in the public school curriculum had to do with improving worker productivity, it was not part of any liberal agenda (but they think it was, or at least took the ball and ran with it).

S
S
Originally posted by Tom-*K:
Kenny's snapped.

(apple and I have chatted about hosting a piano party in the Keys--but I have no piano there.)
okay
If you say so, I snapped, but Jolly' reference to leaving Kathy in the ditch was somwhat snappy:

quote of Jolly:
See, I pointed out to KathyK awhile back, that if I was a
bad person, by using the link that was formerly on her profile, I could do about what I wanted, since I knew where she lived, and what she looked like. Since people are creatures of habit, a few days stakeout, a few innocuous inquiries, and I could have left her in a road ditch, with nobody the wiser.

Hmmmm

Anyway, I love the Keys.
Great for renting mopeds and diving.
Rent a piano. . .
Name a date.

Do you love music Tom?

I think I know.
I know I think.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Tom-*K:
Kenny's snapped.

What about the Bosie? Or was that a Farfisa?

Originally posted by EHpianist:
You mean straight people don't get AIDS?
Neither my wife nor I will ever get AIDS. (Unless it is introduced into us through a blood transfusion I suppose). We don't engage in risky behaviors like sleeping around or IV drug use. This guy engaged in risky behavior that, sadly, resulted in him contracting AIDS. I believe I said that in each post.
You bet this is about tolerance
Intolerance gave him AIDS? confused

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
kathy--if you can do the rear end--I can do the Bosie!

Originally posted by bcarey:
I believe many homosexuals contracted AIDS before it was widely known that it was so prevalent in the homosexual population.
It became known in the homosexual population in the late 70's. In 1981 the CDC called it "gay cancer" then GRID (gay-related immune deficiency). By now The New York times is publishing articles on it, hundreds of cases are diagnosed and lots of people are dying. In 1982 the CDC changes the name to AIDS. The Gay Men's Health Crisis is formed. Now thousands are diagnosed in the U.S. and they're dying by the hundreds. 1983, now they're dying by the thousands in the U.S. 1985, now the death toll is well over 10,000 a year and AIDS cases are numberd in the tens of thousands in the U.S. 1988, over 100,000 AIDS cases in the U.S.

So that's, what, way over 20 years everyone has known about it. So why are millions of people still contracting AIDS each year? This poor mother's son was a college student, he wasn't an idiot. So why did he just die of AIDS recently? His behavior.
Many of the ones I know who have died, and those I know who have the disease, contracted it before those facts were known.
So they all died 25 years ago?
the fastest growing incidents in the US are in the African American community. And no one is doing anything to stop it!!!
People are contracting AIDS because of their behavior. They have the power to stop it today, immediately, by stopping their behavior.

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
A
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
A
Well, if you must know, Dr. RV, the black baby doll is still in my attic in her box - one of many items I am debating selling on eBay.

I'm a sucker for sales. It's a very nice baby doll (though the features are pretty white).

And if you look back at my original post you will see I had puchased it "in case my sons felt like nurturing play" They didn't, so it stayed in the attic.
What were you thinking? - your son was part of your personal outcome-based psychological experiment?
Now, any other ways you want to play "gotcha" with my fetish about social engineering? Or rather your fetish that I have a fetish.

Ariel

If this is coffee, bring me tea. If this is tea, bring me coffee.
~Abraham Lincoln~
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission