Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#799807 - 03/19/04 12:22 AM Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country
The following is the lyrics to a song from the theatrical production "Cootie Shots"....

(The performance begins with a young boy on his knees, or sitting at this school desk, alone on stage. It is important that the audience not see his shoes. He sings the following song about "Show and tell", and what he brought to it: )

Who knew when it would come my turn,
Their jaws would drop, my cheeks would burn?
Iím standing there for all the world to see.

I didnít have a thing to share.
I only brought two things to wear.
That make me happy, make me tall.
They can laugh, but Iím above them all.

(he stands, revealing that he is wearing a pair of high heels)

In Mommyís high heels the world is beautiful,
Let the peasants choke way down below.
Iím standing high above the crowds,
My head is breaking through the clouds.
In Mommyís high heels Iím ten feet tall!

In Mommyís high heels lifeís a fantasy;
Evíry wish I make is a decree!
Let Sissy keep her shrunken heads,
Let Mary walk her dog whoís dead.
In Mommyís high heels I have it all!!

Here the world is beautiful:
Forests of coat racks and shoe trees,
A land of hope and shopping sprees!
When I grow up Iíll have the cash
To go and buy a bag to match!

So let them say Iím like a girl!
Whatís wrong with being like a girl?!
And let them jump and jeer and whirló
They are the swine, I am the pearl!
And let them laugh and let them scream!
Theyíll be beheaded when Iím queen!
When I rule the world! When I rule the world!
When I rule the world, in my mommyís high heels!

Is this something you would want your 5 year old or 9 year old to see?

Broadway play? Off Broadway? New MTV video?

No. This is being taught to school children from kindergarten through 6th grade in California.

"Cootie Shots: Theatrical Inoculations Against Bigotry for Kids, Parents and Teachers" is a collection of skits and stories with followup textbooks designed for elementary school classrooms, performed for kids in Kindergarten through 6th grade, in the words of the Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network who produced this - for the purpose of "promoting tolerance"....

I have no problem with people living their own lives as they choose. It is none of my business. But this is where I have a problem. This group of homosexual activists estimate that they have taught this course in "tolerance" to around 25,000 school children between K and 6th in California. Living your own life as you see fit is your business not mine (you being used generically). But when you start indoctrinating little children, you've crossed the line.

Piano & Music Accessories
#799808 - 03/19/04 12:47 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
gryphon Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Okemos, MI
Sick.

#799809 - 03/19/04 01:07 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Groton, NH
I think it's touching. The problem isn't with the children. K-6 is too young to understand that there might be sexual inuendo behind this. To them it is a story about acceptance.

What's being "indoctrinated"? Respect for others? Is this what you have such a problem with?

The problem isn't with the children. It's with the bigots.

Grow up.

#799810 - 03/19/04 01:12 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
gryphon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
I think it's touching. [/b]
Touching? Disgusting is the word you're looking for. If not, it should be. Besides, you can't shoot an M4 well in high heels.

#799811 - 03/19/04 01:29 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Bernard, kids in kindergarten up through 6th grade do not need to be concerned with sex. This has nothing to do with bigotry. It has *everything* to do with a homosexual agenda to indoctrinate children.

I tried my best to make sure I was clear that I don't care what you do in your personal life, nor do I pass judgment. But you've now called me a bigot, so I will not keep on the kid gloves. The homosexual community is doing themselves in. You started by saying you just wanted to be accepted. Fine. You do not need to teach kindergarten and grade school children this kind of stuff to be accepted. And if you and the rest of the homosexual community doesn't figure this out, you will find the tide turn against you, and you'll end up having to hide in the closet again.

"Touching" is not the word I would use. Disgusting is a good one. Leave our children alone.

#799812 - 03/19/04 01:40 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Bernard, kids in kindergarten up through 6th grade do not need to be concerned with sex. This has nothing to do with bigotry. It has *everything* to do with a homosexual agenda to indoctrinate children.
Exactly what is being indoctrinated? Answer me that, at least!

Quote:
I tried my best to make sure I was clear that I don't care what you do in your personal life, nor do I pass judgment. But you've now called me a bigot, so I will not keep on the kid gloves. The homosexual community is doing themselves in. You started by saying you just wanted to be accepted. Fine. You do not need to teach kindergarten and grade school children this kind of stuff to be accepted. And if you and the rest of the homosexual community doesn't figure this out, you will find the tide turn against you, and you'll end up having to hide in the closet again.
Larry, you pathetic little twerp. You cannot TEACH homosexuality!! Got it!?

BUT, you can teach acceptance of people.

Quote:
"Touching" is not the word I would use. Disgusting is a good one. Leave our children alone.
I was a child.

#799813 - 03/19/04 01:47 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
.rvaga* Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
 Quote:
Larry:
It has *everything* to do with a homosexual agenda to indoctrinate children. [/b]
What I can't figure out, is "why."

The outcome-based perspective (I'm guessing), is that somehow, this will teach tolerance, or perhaps I dunno, boys can come to school in a dress and just fit in, no problem?

What the heck do the gays want? To be put on a pedestal? To be admired, revered, what? Do they hope that they can somehow convince children to "give it a try someday" and recruit for the gay lifestyle? Sure seems like that is the main message, but one that no gay would ever vocalize.

There is no stop to this, it's like a cancer growing, it's relentless. Everywhere you turn, one way or another, TV, newspaper front page, news, radio, everywhere it's - "in your face." Well, maybe not everywhere, but we are the gay marriage capital of the world right now, so maybe I'm over-reacting. Yes, I've had enough of gays and their unending agenda, whatever the hell it is (civil unions are NOT good enough, we want to pretend we're a mommy and daddy)

And I could not agree more with Larry: Leave our kids alone!!

#799814 - 03/19/04 02:06 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Larry, you pathetic little twerp. You cannot TEACH homosexuality!! Got it!?[/b]

Gee Berdnard, you leave me no choice now, do you?

Yes, you *can* teach homosexuality. You can do it by screwing with little kids' minds, shoving stuff in their faces before they're ready to deal with it, at an age when they are full of questions, and vulnerable to input from anything and everyone, and end up with confused, scarred adolescents who weren't "born queer", but who now carries a load of guilt and confusion as a result of actions they've taken as a result of all this suggestion.

You've never had a kid, you have no concept of what I'm talking about. Kids will "experiment" in small innocent ways, out of curiosity. Shove this crap in their faces and you end up screwing with their minds. "Let's play doctor" might end up with an "experiment" that goes a little further than it should, and scar the kid for life. But of course, you sick perverts don't mind, do you? You don't want to be accepted, you want to screw up as many little kids as you can, so more of them will sit around their apartments wondering if they are queer or straight, talking to their birds.

Don't **** me off, Bernard. I don't care what anyone does in their own personal adult life. But the homosexual community is crossing a line that is going to backfire. Instead of trying to get in a ****ing contest with me, you need to be thinking about the message I'm trying to convey. If you don't, you're going to see the straight community's tolerance level - all 98% of them -take a steep drop.

#799815 - 03/19/04 02:11 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
The outcome-based perspective (I'm guessing), is that somehow, this will teach tolerance, or perhaps I dunno, boys can come to school in a dress and just fit in, no problem?
Exactly. It will teach tolerance and it will teach a moral. It is like the moral behind the "Grinch That Stole Christmas". There is good in everyone.

Quote:
What the heck do the gays want? To be put on a pedestal? To be admired, revered, what?
No. They want to feel accepted for who they are. I am very sure it must be very difficult for someone who never had to fear ostracization from society (can you imagine???!!!) what it is like to know, that according to some, your life is a waste?

Quote:
Do they hope that they can somehow convince children to "give it a try someday" and recruit for the gay lifestyle? Sure seems like that is the main message, but one that no gay would ever vocalize.
That is your confusion speaking and I do not hold it against you. The very simple fact is the number of homosexuals who wish to "convert" straights is a small minority.

Quote:
There is no stop to this, it's like a cancer growing, it's relentless.
Rights are a cancer? Perhaps that deserves more thought.

Quote:
Everywhere you turn, one way or another, TV, newspaper front page, news, radio, everywhere it's - "in your face." Well, maybe not everywhere, but we are the gay marriage capital of the world right now, so maybe I'm over-reacting. Yes, I've had enough of gays and their unending agenda, whatever the hell it is (civil unions are NOT good enough, we want to pretend we're a mommy and daddy)
Yes, you are over-reacting and you know it. God bless you. I know it must not be easy for you because you have societal pressure at your heels. Hey! I was thinking that homosexuals could use the word "merry" instead of "marry". You know--a homonym for marriage. "Be gay and merry!" "Be straight and marry!"

I know you're a good person. Have a drink. Sleep on it. You, your spouse, your children aren't going to be any different tomorrow because of the gay "agenda" whatever that is!?

Quote:
And I could not agree more with Larry: Leave our kids alone!!
And I am just wondering what you would have to say to me as a child, stranger in a strange land?

#799816 - 03/19/04 02:14 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

The very simple fact is the number of homosexuals who wish to "convert" straights is a small majority.[/b]

What an interesting, telling Freudian slip *that* was.

#799817 - 03/19/04 02:31 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
The very simple fact is the number of homosexuals who wish to "convert" straights is a small majority.[/b]

What an interesting, telling Freudian slip *that* was. [/b]
I'm surprised you believe in Freudian slips Larry. But as one who does believe in them (although sometimes a pencil is just a pencil), it is interesting indeed, but not as you probably suspect.

What is the "opposite" sex to a homosexual male? The opposite sex of a homosexual male is a male. If a certain part of a homosexual man's brain is feminized, it would only stand to reason that he would be attracted to that which is not feminine, hence heterosexual men may be the biggest "turn on". I'm sure heterosexual men comprise a great many homosexual fantasy. This is the delimna for some homosexual men. This does not mean that a homosexual man is attracted to every heterosexual man he sees. Sorry, but I felt the need to emphasize that. You heterosexuals are safe.

But this has little to do with the topic at hand, which some see as "recruitment". YOU CANNOT RECRUIT HOMOSEXUALS! How many times does it have to be said?!

#799818 - 03/19/04 02:50 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
You've never had a kid, you have no concept of what I'm talking about.
Idiot. I was a kid!

Quote:
Kids will "experiment" in small innocent ways, out of curiosity. Shove this crap in their faces and you end up screwing with their minds.
The more you spew, the more I think you're the one who's screwed.

Quote:
"Let's play doctor" might end up with an "experiment" that goes a little further than it should, and scar the kid for life. But of course, you sick perverts don't mind, do you? You don't want to be accepted, you want to screw up as many little kids as you can, so more of them will sit around their apartments wondering if they are queer or straight, talking to their birds.
You're a pathetic little man, Larry. How sad that an alpha male like you could be reduced to a quivering mass of hysteria over people who aren't the least bit interested in you.

Quote:
Don't **** me off, Bernard.
Oooooh.

Quote:
I don't care what anyone does in their own personal adult life.
Yes you do.

Quote:
But the homosexual community is crossing a line that is going to backfire. Instead of trying to get in a ****ing contest with me, you need to be thinking about the message I'm trying to convey.
Larry, you get in ***ing contests with everyone. I'm just being normal.

Quote:
If you don't, you're going to see the straight community's tolerance level - all 98% of them -take a steep drop.
Maybe in the south.

#799819 - 03/19/04 02:54 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

The Freudian slip was "small majority", Bernard.

And yes, you *can* recruit. And you can psychologically damage a small child, or cause them to act out in ways that end up scarring them, for life. I'm sorry you aren't capable of understanding that, but it is a fact nonetheless.

If it isn't psychological recruitment Bernard, just what is the purpose of teaching a 5 year old tolerance? Any parent here will tell you that little kids are the most open, tolerant creatures you'll find. They don't know *not* to be tolerant. So why do your queer friends feel the need to teach a 5 year old tolerance?

I'll tell you why. They aren't teaching tolerance. They are indoctrinating children. And I am reaching the point of dropping my tolerance for it. Yes Bernard, I have always been tolerant of homosexuals, having no opinion on it one way or the other. I am beginning to develop an opinion however. Your defense of these perverts is pushing me faster and faster toward that opinion too.

#799820 - 03/19/04 03:05 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Any parent here will tell you that little kids are the most open, tolerant creatures you'll find.
Unfortunately, their parents and society are not always so tolerant. If they see that everyone has hopes and desires they may be less likely to develop attitudes that not only make other lives miserable; their lives will be more beautiful and less negative too.

People are afraid to expose their children to homosexuality. Understandable at this point in history. But the answer is not continued "mum" on the subject. If children see that their parents or elders don't have a problem with homosexuals, they wont have a problem with them either and they will live happier lives because of it. And they won't be screwed up by it. The screwing up comes as a result of experiencing something that their parents view as "abnormal".

(And for everyone else, why, yes--I corrected my "freudian slip". I'm only human after all.)

#799821 - 03/19/04 03:06 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
.rvaga* Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Bernard, you seem like a nice guy. You handled my rant very soft-spoken, whereas you could have easily thrown your own rant.

Regarding your statement:
"YOU CANNOT RECRUIT HOMOSEXUALS! How many times does it have to be said?!"

I used to believe this was the case, but no more. What I see here in Portland is a powerful activist homosexual group, it's political. And, they could overall give a damn about teaching tolerance, because they have themselves shown how their growing power makes them intolerant.

You want to teach tolerance to little kids? Fine. Use what they have in their peer group: Latinos, Blacks, fat kids, goofy looking kids. Teach tolerance at that level, and it will be part of their education.

But no. The idea is to teach a gay lifestyle, to mess up kids with a subject they know nothing about, and need not know anything about for many years. Teach them early to consider the "rightness" of being gay, of experimenting and then hope that in the course of their experimentation, they become converts to the cause, the political/power cause.

To say "YOU CANNOT RECRUIT HOMOSEXUALS! How many times does it have to be said?!" -- is an opinion. I have seen and heard ex homosexuals talk about this, most recently an ex-homosexual addressing the County Board on their decision. We have all been led to believe by the gay community over the years that gays cannot be made. Well, I think that's true for the most part, but the K-6 programs are designed to do just that: recruit. Maybe not when in 1st grade, but plant the seed and hope it will grow. As a political power base, it is essential to those activists that this power base grows, any...way...possible.

I commented to my wife, how it was such a Big Deal when Madonna kissed that other woman, yet just about every night on our local news, we get to see two men or two women passionately kissing and everyone around them cheering and clapping.

I've had enough of this gay movement, even though it looks like they will "win" what they want by clever manipulation of the State's constitution. And frankly, I don't care one whit what the gays think about my changed attitude.

And from talking with friends around here that have tried to be as tolerant as possible over the years, this sentiment is growing, and growing into hatred.

Just my honest opinion. Sorry you don't like it.

#799822 - 03/19/04 03:09 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Idiot. I was a kid![/b]

Being a kid and having a kid are two different things, moron. (Please note that the name calling was started by Bernard. I'm just returning fire)

You're a pathetic little man, Larry. How sad that an alpha male like you could be reduced to a quivering mass of hysteria over people who aren't the least bit interested in you.[/b]

I've hardly been reduced to a "quivering mass of hysteria", birdman. I am sick and tired of having your perversion shoved in my face. I'm sick and tired of you perverts going after innocent children. And you have a lot of nerve calling me a pathetic little man, Bernard. You're the overly sensitive homosexual sitting around talking to little birdies, not me.

I don't care what anyone does in their own personal adult life.

Yes you do.[/b]

I have been quite consistent in remaining out of discussions about homosexuals, and in repeatedly stating my position of not caring what people do in private. You just want to argue, and don't have the brain power to do it.

Larry, you get in ***ing contests with everyone. I'm just being normal.[/b]

You couldn't be normal if your life depended on it.

Maybe in the south.[/b]

Nice, Bernard. You try to paint me as a homophobe, and you show yourself to be a bigot.

The issue is not *your* personal agenda, Bernard. You have your own issues that need to be dealt with. The issue is the fact that homosexual activists are indoctrinating small children under the guise of teaching "tolerance" to children so young they don't know anything *but* tolerance. Only an idiot, or a pervert, would fail to see the agenda. And I for one have had enough of it.

#799823 - 03/19/04 03:15 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

And from talking with friends around here that have tried to be as tolerant as possible over the years, this sentiment is growing, and growing into hatred.[/b]

And this is the warning I was attempting to convey to Bernard, before he chose to turn it into a war of personal attacks. He refuses to learn. Too bad. Let's hope the rest of the homosexual community is smarter than Bernard is, or the backlash you describe and that I have repeatedly mentioned is going to grow. A homosexual with an open mind and no chip on their shoulder will see that I am trying to help. Bernard only sees his chip.

#799824 - 03/19/04 03:18 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Unfortunately, their parents and society are not always so tolerant.[/b]

Then teach THEM[/b] tolerance Bernard, and leave the little children alone!!!!!!

Damn.....

#799825 - 03/19/04 03:20 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
I used to believe this was the case, but no more. What I see here in Portland is a powerful activist homosexual group, it's political. And, they could overall give a damn about teaching tolerance, because they have themselves shown how their growing power makes them intolerant.
Rvaga, there is so much in your post I could respond to but not at this time. This quote however requires some feedback.

You are right. I have known homosexuals like that. There is a lot in the homosexual community that is not good. Please, have compassion, and try to understand that these are people who have been denied practically everything since the day they were born. Of course many of them are angry and many of them are acting out in your face. Please try to ignore those, and bear in mind that there are a great many silent and quiet homosexuals.

As Ariel so well said in another thread, what we see in homosexual behavior is not so much the result of homosexuality, but the result of growing up homosexual in a straight society that is blind.

#799826 - 03/19/04 03:31 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
gryphon Offline

Quote:
many of them are acting out [/b]
Isn't this what one says about immature five year olds, not immature 25 and 35 and 45 year olds?

The latest outrage: King & King

A North Carolina couple is outraged by a book their first-grade daughter brought home from the school library in which a prince finds his true love ? in the form of another prince.

Prince Bertie waves off a bevy of eligible princes before falling for Prince Lee, the Associated Press reported. The book ends with the two "marrying" and sharing a kiss.

The principal of Freeman Elementary School defended the book.

#799827 - 03/19/04 03:33 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I have to go to bed but before I do, Larry, I must get in another laugh. Ha!

I will let those who know me personally, decide for themselves whether or not I am a pervert. Whether or not I carry a chip on my shoulder. Whether or not I am smart (whoever said I was?).

As far as personal attacks go, again, I'll let everyone who's been around here for a while decide who it is who's modus operandi is to go on the attack.

Quote:
You try to paint me as a homophobe, and you show yourself to be a bigot.
Oh, I know. I just though you'd appreciate what it was like having the shoe on the other foot. Damn those southerners!! Rednecks! The whole lot of 'em.

#799828 - 03/19/04 03:39 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

[This post will come back later if necessary.]

#799829 - 03/19/04 07:41 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
DT Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
 Quote:
Hey! I was thinking that homosexuals could use the word "merry" instead of "marry". You know--a homonym for marriage. [/b]
OK. Here's where my homophobia comes out.

"Marry" and "merry" are homophones, i.e. words that have the same sound but are spelled differently.

Homographs are spelled the same but pronounced differently, e.g. lead, to go in front of, and lead, the metal.

Homonyms are spelled the same and have the same sound but have different meanings and different derivations, e.g., bear, the animal and bear, to carry.

Unfortunately, our education system has these homo's all messed up and homonym has become the common, yet incorrect, usage.

DT
word bigot

#799830 - 03/19/04 08:21 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
RKVS1 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
DT, since you seem to know this stuff, is there a term for words which are spelled and pronounced the same but mean the opposite?

One example is "cleave" which can mean "to seperate", as in meat cleaver, or to "cling together" ,as in husband and wife (the subject of this thread notwithstanding). (I didn't chose that word to be a smarta$$, it was just the first example I could think of. I think there are but a few more.

Bob

#799831 - 03/19/04 08:54 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
DT Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
I think they are called Kerryphones.

#799832 - 03/19/04 08:56 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
plays88skeys Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Richmond, VA
Wow. I think I'll just tiptoe on outta here...

#799833 - 03/19/04 09:37 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
Jolly Offline

Loc: Louisiana
 Quote:
Originally posted by gryphon:
Sick bastards. [/b]
Absolutely.

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#799834 - 03/19/04 09:43 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
From personal experience...

In my neighborhood there's a 10 year old boy with a homosexual uncle. He started sharing 'tricks' with my same age son a while ago that he learned from his uncle....

games to play,
things to say,
ways to pass a rainy day
things not appropriate to share in this forum.

This kids little brother now is trying to get my daughter and her friend to play "kiss my peepee" and other stuff. I talk with these kids. They love their uncle. They have no idea this type of behavior is innappropriate.

I know children will be children and play whatever silly sex games they will.

I resent it being introduced into this innocent community of children by some gay uncle who wants his nephew to **** his ****.

I don't mean to focus or accuse a member of the gay community, altho I'd like to see this guy stay out of our neighborhood. (and incidentally I've talked with him). I just want to illustrate that it is inappropriate for children to be exposed to sexuality by those who are not their parents. It should not be taught in schools.

For many of us, sexuality is not something to be taken so lightly.

love and peace, √ēun (apple in Estonian)

#799835 - 03/19/04 09:44 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
whoopsie

love and peace, √ēun (apple in Estonian)

#799836 - 03/19/04 09:46 AM Re: Has your K-6 grade kid had cootie shots yet?
ny1911 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
As a parent, what concerns me more is that the school administrators (at least in the case of the King & King story) are not responding to the parents' concerns.

Tolerance does not need to be taught with a specific subject matter. Teaching it to elementary aged students with material oriented towards sexuality is way over the line.

There are aspects of my life that would not really be accepted by much of society. I haven't come out of the closet to my friends yet...as we dine together they have no idea that there is a .380 in my pocket and a small aresenal locked up safe. I'm OK with that because I've taken the time to understand their position and the effort required to make them "accept" these things is a wedge that would be driven between us. You can argue that this analogy is "different" because mine is based on a choice, not a predisposition. It is, however, a symptom of who I am...

Quote from Gryphon:
"Besides, you can't shoot an M4 well in high heels."

This, to me, is hillarious.
Wasn't Carrie Fisher wearing heels in "The Blues Brothers" when she shot the M16 in the flood control culvert?

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
68 registered (AZNpiano, Belen, AndrewAJC, 18 invisible), 1190 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75369 Members
42 Forums
155822 Topics
2288125 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Theoretical tuning sequence
by DoelKees
Today at 01:01 AM
It's will never emit sounds again
by Maximillyan
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
yamaha finish
by johnfin
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
Advice on best way to structure my practicing...
by MZCT
Yesterday at 09:03 PM
How important are the wheels for you?
by doremi
Yesterday at 06:46 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission