Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#801714 - 08/10/04 03:36 PM YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

Loc: USA
WHAT WAS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT IN LIFE SO FAR? As a performer I have learned if something can go wrong, it often will, even when thousands of people are watching....

*Shudders* Oh, the things therapy couldn't make me forget!

LOL

How about you? What gives you nightmares?

Piano & Music Accessories
#801715 - 08/10/04 04:00 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Palindrome Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Carol Burnette was once holding a press conference. "Miss Burnette, do you remember the most embarrassing moment of your life?" "Yes, I most certainly do. Next question."

#801716 - 08/10/04 04:09 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

LOL I love Carole Burnett....

Cyndi Lauper once said one of her most embarrassing moments was when she performed outside recently and a bird pooped in her mouth......

Could you imagine?!

#801717 - 08/10/04 04:22 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
In junior high, I was playing in the youth symphony. After the first piece on the concert, I noticed my fly was open. \:D
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#801718 - 08/10/04 05:03 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

I bet you got a standing ovation. \:D

#801719 - 08/10/04 05:14 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MizMelody2001:
I bet you got a standing ovation. \:D [/b]
I was liking you because I thought you were such a nice girl. And you go and make a dirty joke like that!
Now, I'm liking you A LOT!

#801720 - 08/10/04 05:42 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom-*K:
 Quote:
I bet you got a standing ovation. \:D [/b]
I was liking you because I thought you were such a nice girl. And you go and make a dirty joke like that!
Now, I'm liking you A LOT! [/b]
Who, ME? ;\)

#801721 - 08/10/04 05:49 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
I actually went to work without my shirt on. I had a little fireplace and I was drying a sweater on a chair. I looked up and saw it was time to go, threw on a coat and left. I strolled into the restaurant I was managing and walked straight to the office to hang my coat on a hook. Only a cook got a glimpse of my bra but he told everyone that I walked through the kitchen without anything on on top..

All the guys believed him and all the girls believed me. I had to pay someone 20 dollars to stay while I went home to get a shirt.

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#801722 - 08/10/04 05:54 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Renauda Offline
5000 Post Club Member

A piano audition. My mind went totally blank. Couldn't even play chopsticks.

#801723 - 08/10/04 05:59 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

WOW Apple.... that was a good one..... I feel for you.

I have so many whoppers myself it's hard to decide which one was actually worse....

Well here's one biggie:

Years ago when I was opening as a singer for Andreus 13 (from Public Enemy) on tour dates, they were filming my first live music video.... I had on a new outfit and nice new high heeled shoes-which I would discover were too loose to dance in. During the opening number I kicked up my left leg -in a maneover no sensible human should ever attempt- and off flew my shoe and into the main speaker-getting wedged in the woofer. Lopsided and seeing no alternative, I kicked off the other, which hit someone in the first row. Oh, it was bad.... And it was on TAPE.

My manager quickly ordered the tape destroyed.

I considered relocating to an uncharted South Pacific island and changing my name to Ida Lipshitz.

#801724 - 08/10/04 06:01 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Renauda:
A piano audition. My mind went totally blank. Couldn't even play chopsticks. [/b]
That's happened to me! I was performing an origional song at a wedding ceremony with my synth and I got so nervous I forgot everything but my name. I wrote an entirely new song on the spot and bolted when I was done, terrified that I had ruined the couples special day.... The mother of the Bride tracked me down and actually paid me extra, saying the song was even better than the origional one I'd composed, and "What a wonderful surprise!"

I was SO relieved!

#801725 - 08/10/04 06:06 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Miz Melody, I think I like you. How did you find us anyway.

Here's my embarassing moment du jour. I wore a dour and staid placard dress today, fit to meet clients on an 80 degree . I realized after dressing, I had forgotten to put on BO juice. Sooo, I went to the bathroom, buttoned down a few buttons, treated the pits and proceeded to pick up my brief case, go to the office and meet my first client. Afterward, I took a "powder room" break and looked at myself in the mirror (probably for the first time today) and notice I was unbuttoned practically to my waist!

#801726 - 08/10/04 06:11 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

I did a talk show (The now discontinued "Richard Bey" show) with a guy I was dating back in 1993-Ian Crawford. We were invited on to perform and talk about how "wonderful it was to be dating someone I work with". I was also one of his back up dancers.... Long story but suffice to say Ian thought he would be wicked funny to get me on there and play a joke on me. After I was introduced, I talked about Ian and music and how he was essentially the best thing since white bread and what have you. He came out afterwards and while I was teasingly promised a possible on air wedding proposal (!) he told all of America-while trying to keep a straight face-that I wasn't in fact Melody his girlfriend but an obsessed fan who had been stalking him!!!! He said I snuck into his bed and I never showered and.... oh, the humanity it was ugly.

It backfired on him badly, as I wouldn't talk to him for weeks afterwards and the crowd just about skinned him alive right there onstage. I did still get to perform-a capella and got a standing ovation and a LOT of phone calls following the appearence.

We actually survived that fiasco. I forgave him, but I'll never forget it. I can't believe I finally reached a time when I can laugh about it.

One older lady recognizzed him in a mall in New York and slapped him, scolding, "How could you be so mean to that sweet girl!" I was feet away and just about died laughing.

#801727 - 08/10/04 06:15 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kathyk:
Miz Melody, I think I like you. How did you find us anyway.

Here's my embarassing moment du jour. I wore a dour and staid placard dress today, fit to meet clients on an 80 degree . I realized after dressing, I had forgotten to put on BO juice. Sooo, I buttoned down a few buttons and treated the pits and proceeded to pick up my brief case, go to the office and meet my first client. Afterward, I took a "powder room" break and looked at myself in the mirror (probably for the first time today) and notice I was unbuttoned practically to my waist! [/b]
Awww, thank you! I like you too! :-)

That must have been embarrassing alright!

We all get so busy we miss the most obvious things.

I once split a pair of tight jeans bending over to pull boots on. IN FRONT OF ABOUT 5 FRIENDS, three of which were male. I was popular THAT day. Oh, how I wished I hadn't worn the thong....)

#801728 - 08/10/04 06:18 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
once in high school my monthly started on the way to school so I stopped at a 7-11 to buy some tampons. I stuffed all 30 of them into my straw bag which opened at the top with a clasp. During history class some said "can I borrow a pen" I said "I have one and reached way over my books to grab a strap from one side of my purse it popped open and all of those things scattered onto the table we were sitting around. absolutely mortifying...

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#801729 - 08/10/04 06:18 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:

I once split a pair of tight jeans bending over to pull boots on. IN FRONT OF ABOUT 5 FRIENDS, three of which were male. I was popular THAT day. Oh, how I wished I hadn't worn the thong....) [/b]
I'm liking you much more than kathy likes you. \:D

#801730 - 08/10/04 06:21 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

I don't think she wears the seamy nylons, Tom. Defintely not your typo.

#801731 - 08/10/04 06:23 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Well, thongs are my typo!

#801732 - 08/10/04 06:23 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by apple:
once in high school my monthly started on the way to school so I stopped at a 7-11 to buy some tampons. I stuffed all 30 of them into my straw bag which opened at the top with a clasp. During history class some said "can I borrow a pen" I said "I have one and reached way over my books to grab a strap from one side of my purse it popped open and all of those things scattered onto the table we were sitting around. absolutely mortifying... [/b]
I got my monthy once in high school and stained myself.... I had to wrap my coat around my waist and bolt to the nurses office to call my mother for a change of clothes.

#801733 - 08/10/04 07:14 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Eusebius Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
Once while I was in middle school I sprinted from my third period class when the bell rang so as to be the first in the lunch line. I turned a corner and flew right into a huge wall of flesh, knocking me back five feet. I hit the floor hard and all my belongings scattered every which way. Glaring down at me was the angry face of our school principal, an enormous, heavyset black man I had always feared. The worst part was that students gathered from all over to hear him lecture me about running in the halls.

#801734 - 08/10/04 07:19 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Eusebius:
Once while I was in middle school I sprinted from my third period class when the bell rang so as to be the first in the lunch line. I turned a corner and flew right into a huge wall of flesh, knocking me back five feet. I hit the floor hard and all my belongings scattered every which way. Glaring down at me was the angry face of our school principal, an enormous, heavyset black man I had always feared. The worse part was that students gathered from all over to hear him lecture me about running in the halls. [/b]
Oh Gosh.... Oh that one made ME quiver!

*Hug* Hey, you need it. Haha

#801735 - 08/10/04 08:16 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Palindrome Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
42 years ago. I'm a sophomore in college, standing at a sink in the john, brushing my teeth. Down the row of sinks, dorm adviser Larry (a junior) says to Rich (another sophomore) "Would you believe me if I told you I was a virgin?" "Sure," says Rich, "I'm still a big V myself." I finish brushing my teeth, pad down the hall, and go into my room, saying to my roommate, Denis, "Hey, I just heard Rich telling Larry he's still a virgin." Unbeknownst to me, Rich had finished brushing his teeth also, and had followed me down the hall. The door opened, in came his head, and he asked "Did I hear someone mention my name?" Ohmygod! Discovered gossiping about someone, and about such a topic! I had to hide. I tried crawling into my bed (an upper bunk), decided it was going to take too much time, grabbed hold of the topsheet and blanket, pulled them off, and hid under them, in the corner of the room. Rich asked my roommate, "What's wrong with him?" "I don't know, I've never seen him do that before," replied Denis.

Well, I've never forgotten that. Perhaps this cathartic experience has been of help, though.

#801736 - 08/10/04 08:37 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Let me count the times....I was a small, young looking kid so there were many teenage embarassments. One I reacall that made me sweat was in 10th grade. I was new at a private school and tried out for the first play that came up--something I had done in middle school--and go a small part in Gideon. I had to wear this toga thingie in keeping with the biblical theme. After the play, one of the many jocks that tomented wimps like me, Jeffery Weintrob, came up to me and said something like "That was some costume...we could all see your balls...hahahah...."

Ten years later i am driving down route 128 from Boston to Cape Cod and I look over next to me and Jeffrey Weintrob is passing me. I rolled down the window of my VW, pulled as close to him as I dared, stuck my middle finger high in the air and shouted "F**K you Jeffrey Weintob!" He looked startled and I am sure had no idea who i was....

That felt pretty good and made up for the embarrasment.

jf

#801737 - 08/10/04 08:40 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom-*K:
Well, thongs are my typo! [/b]
TomK, you can't have all the girls. You really have to share....no fair......

jf

#801738 - 08/10/04 08:41 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
MizMelody2001 Offline

I once had my mother, sister, brother in law and their four kids walk in on my husband and I making love one morning. My husband (coward that he is haha) slipped under the quilt and i just smiled innocently.
"Still in bed at 9:30?" my mother scolded. "Get up! You have things to do!" She stood there expecting me to get up..... hahahahha My sister finally counted the four feet at the foot of the bed and her eyes grew as big as saucers. She nudged my mother out of the room followed by hte parade of family.

BUT THAT WASN'T THE WORST....

My husband and I were newly in love in those days and foolishly decided we would finish what we started. (Something tells me this is the one thing I should have taken to the grave.) I passed out hypreventilating in bed. I was laying there unresponsive, pale as as ever. My poor husband thought he'd killed me. "Mel!" he screams. "MEL!" Nada. So he calls 911. Paramedics arrive to find me coming to and in my birthday suit. "Your pulse is through the roof" they inform me. it was profoundly embarrassing to explain to perfect stangers that we got carried away in bed.... Especially when they called it in on the radio, chuckling all the while. The whole freaking town knew by noon time. When my father returned frmo work, he looked at Michael and said as easily as ever, "So, I hear you're having sex with my daughter". I thought he would die....

THAT was one day I didn't want to be me.

As for Michael, he was as mortified but his friend reminded him, "You knocked your girl out? Hell, I'd be bragging!"

#801739 - 08/10/04 08:52 PM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
ny1911 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
My business partner and I were out for a drink. Mind you, we had been in business together for 5 years at the time, and had known each other for 12. We were talking about divorce, and I was being a bit heavy handed about people who give up too early on marriages and get divorced. He then told me that he was previously divorced. I went into the Rodney Dangerfield "but it looks good on you" mode, from caddyshack. How he kept that secret for so long, I'll never know.

#801740 - 08/11/04 05:28 AM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
ycul Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: U.K.
A couple of years ago I played at a gig for a big firm of solicitors in the Midlands. The guy that booked us used to come and see us regularly and we were looking forward to doing an out of town gig. We arrived at a pretty posh hotel in Worcester next to the canal. It was decked out beautifully for the event and I was glad I'd chosen something reasonably smart to wear as all the guests looked immaculate. Everyone was drinking Pimms and engaged in small talk as we started unloading the P.A. After doing 3 of 4 trips to and from the car I bumped into Mike-the guy who'd booked us. We exchanged pleasantries and he introduced me to his partner. I finished setting up the P.A. and wandered off to the loo. I checked my reflection in the mirror and lo and behold a button had come off my blouse completely exposing my left breast. Okay, so luckily the bra I was wearing was hardly verging on the pornographic but why no one could have told me?
Sods.

I was going to say I felt like a right t*t after that but I'll lay off any more awful puns. ;\)

P.S. I once sung an old Catatonia song called Dead from the Waist Down and half way through noticed 2 people in wheelchairs sitting next to the bar. \:\(

#801741 - 08/11/04 05:37 AM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ycul:
solicitors...posh...something reasonably smart...drinking Pimms...the loo...Sods.[/b]
Sometimes Lucy, you seem quite exotic. \:\)

#801742 - 08/11/04 05:43 AM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
ycul Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: U.K.
Seem is the key word here Tom.
The most accurate description of myself came from a particularly eloquent friend.
Foul-mouthed welsh bint I think it was.

#801743 - 08/11/04 06:01 AM Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Well, I don't know what a "bint" is but that sounds exotic. \:D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Anton Kuerti and Cyprian Katsaris
by pianoloverus
09/17/14 07:09 PM
Pianists' tessitura
by Riddler
09/17/14 06:54 PM
Fingering for "Wind (Naruto)" excerpt
by longyodel127
09/17/14 05:28 PM
A tune I wrote last night
by Arizona Sage
09/17/14 05:20 PM
Refusing "Every Other" week lesson
by ezpiano.org
09/17/14 05:09 PM
Who's Online
125 registered (255, accordeur, AEMontoya, A Guy, analarana, 36 invisible), 1297 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76233 Members
42 Forums
157590 Topics
2314756 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission