Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#834675 - 12/07/04 04:10 PM Rewriting History
Cindysphinx Offline

Loc: Washington D.C. Metro
I had a look at the beginning of the "Me, a peacemaker" thread, and I found a number of blank posts from Larry, and then this from Larry:

"Edit:

I'll use this post to point out that nowhere in this thread, not in what is still here or in what I deleted to allow the reader to focus on Kathy's posts, did I call anyone a brain dead liberal, nor any other "name calling, perjoratives and invectives".

I sure *took* a lot of it from others, though..."[/b]

Hey, guys?

I think this tendency for people to edit their posts after others have replied is really not a good thing. As I look through that thread, I can see I wrote some early posts replying to Larry. I tried to measure my words in response to things Larry had said because I took what he was saying to be serious and wished to be heard.

And now Larry has edited some of the more problematic things he wrote, leaving those who responded directly to him looking a bit daft.

I wonder if we can kind of agree that folks won't edit whole swaths of the substance of their posts if at all possible? If Larry had awakened in the morning and decided he wanted to take it all back, a simple apology or clarification would have sufficed. Editing the post is hardly fair to those who happen upon the thread later or those who took the time to respond because they were concerned about the issue.

I've objected to this before, and most people seem to abide by these principles. I feel compelled to mention it again now because if it continues I will have to start copying people's entire posts into mine when I reply just to protect the record.

There shouldn't be any reason to do that and thereby waste bandwidth or make people scroll through quotes they've already read.

Now. I am off to watch "Charlie Brown Christmas" and do a slow burn over all the time I spent responding to posts that the poster apparently didn't value enough to preserve.

:simmer:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...QvjrL_blog.html

Piano & Music Accessories
#834676 - 12/07/04 04:24 PM Re: Rewriting History
yhabpo Offline

Rewriting history is the only way contradictory people can fathom their own character. But the more amazing fact is that Larry is showing awareness and remorse for his coarse assault on decency.

I edited my post to emptyness because nobody replied.

#834677 - 12/07/04 04:39 PM Re: Rewriting History
Brendan Online   content

Loc: McAllen, TX
NO ONE CARES.

STOP POSTING ABOUT FORUM DRAMA.

#834678 - 12/07/04 04:41 PM Re: Rewriting History
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
DITTO
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#834679 - 12/07/04 04:44 PM Re: Rewriting History
Cindysphinx Offline

Quote:
NO ONE CARES.

STOP POSTING ABOUT FORUM DRAMA.
Sorry, Brendan. It bothered me.

#834680 - 12/07/04 05:10 PM Re: Rewriting History
Kincaid Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Anyways, I agree with Cindy. I only edit to correct spelling or to clarify, and then only within the first minute or so.

Editing posts later on lessens everyone else's replys (into which some people pour lots of time, effort and soul into).

I didn't read the pre-edited posts so don't know if they were terribly offensive or not. If such a thing happened, I would think that amends and apologies could be made as needed without changing the content or flow of the thread.

Chris - who thinks Cindy is my favorite Democrat still posting here.

#834681 - 12/07/04 05:14 PM Re: Rewriting History
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country
And now Larry has edited some of the more problematic things he wrote, leaving those who responded directly to him looking a bit daft.[/b]

Can't help it, I had to respond.

I did not remove my posts because they were "problematic" or because I was trying to remove things I'd said. I removed them because I wanted to use the space they took to quote Kathy's posts, so she couldn't remove *her* vile posts. I wrote the statement you quote because just prior to it someone accused me of calling someone a "brain dead liberal", of name calling, and perjoratives. I did *not* call anyone names, brain dead or anything else, or use any perjoratives, in the things that I wrote. If you think that you looked daft because of something you wrote, it's because without my responses to distract you, you get to see what you *really* wrote.

#834682 - 12/07/04 05:16 PM Re: Rewriting History
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
that's right.

now will you stay?

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

#834683 - 12/07/04 05:40 PM Re: Rewriting History
Cindysphinx Offline

Larry:

Quote:
Can't help it, I had to respond.

I did not remove my posts because they were "problematic" or because I was trying to remove things I'd said. I removed them because I wanted to use the space they took to quote Kathy's posts, so she couldn't remove *her* vile posts. I wrote the statement you quote because just prior to it someone accused me of calling someone a "brain dead liberal", of name calling, and perjoratives. I did *not* call anyone names, brain dead or anything else, or use any perjoratives, in the things that I wrote. If you think that you looked daft because of something you wrote, it's because without my responses to distract you, you get to see what you *really* wrote.
Larry, you did say some inappropriate things, which included personal attacks on others in the deleted remarks. But we'll never know, as the documents have been shredded. I was there, though, so I know that your posts were nothing to be proud of.

Seriously, Larry, I think you should own this one. You may do some things I don't like now and then, but you've always been trustworthy about not altering the record, and I rather liked that about you.

And Larry? No one here is stupid. Your posts didn't take away any space from Kathy's posts, as we all know.

#834684 - 12/07/04 05:41 PM Re: Rewriting History
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Larry,

Don't make me fly down to Charokee County and have you beat the crap out of me just to make you stay. \:D

#834685 - 12/07/04 06:45 PM Re: Rewriting History
NAK Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
*Tackles Larry*

Quick, Tom, grab his hands!

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Exorcist movie main theme
by Danijelcro
Today at 12:03 PM
Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano
by Rich D.
Today at 11:05 AM
Baldwin capo: a metallic-buzz sound generating system
by A443
Today at 11:00 AM
MP11 sustain pedal (F30) release: possible issue?
by kanadajin
Today at 10:59 AM
Chopin - Scherzo 1 Help
by YoungNoir
Today at 10:22 AM
Who's Online
140 registered (accordeur, anotherscott, ajames, acortot, 38 invisible), 1627 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157709 Topics
2316580 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission