Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#839134 - 08/01/02 10:35 PM Automobile insurance:
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Well I thought it would never happen to me, but I was invited to sign up with a new (for me) insurance company. I had to give them my 'invitation number' when I called. You think it's a gimmick? So did I until I called them.

A little background... as some of you know I've gotten a few, ok, a lot, of speeding tickets. My driving record was/is pretty awful. BUT, I've been good for over 3 years and felt I should be getting a break on my car insurance. No way, at least not from my current carrier. So I talked to my neighbor who is into insurance. He checked with every carrier he could and told me that he couldn't beat the rate I was getting.

Ok, so back to last week and this 'invitation'. I call them, give them my invite number, and start rattling off the coverages I currently have. They ask about tickets, etc... I tell them, of course, but am covering my ear in anticipation of hearing the receiver slammed down. "That shouldn't be a problem" they said. So in everything goes into the computer and out pops my rate.

Ok, you have to sit down for this. I can hardly type I'm so excited...

Insurance with this new carrier will save me, NOT $100, NOT $200, NOT $500 and NOT even $1000. It will save me $1500!!!

I kept asking if they were sure, that there must be some mistake. They kept saying there wasn't. Well just now I got the mail and in it was my new policy. All the coverages/deductibles are the same (actually comprehensive is higher) and yes, I'm $1500 richer!!!

I think I am going to buy a new TV. There is a nice flat-screen on sale at Circuit City for $475. I think I deserve it for being SO good and getting a discount on my insurance.

Derick

Piano & Music Accessories
#839135 - 08/01/02 10:44 PM Re: Automobile insurance:
JohnC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lower Left Coast
Uh, Derick, maybe you want to save some of that money for your next trip to traffic school? \:D

#839136 - 08/01/02 11:01 PM Re: Automobile insurance:
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I is a changed man!

Derick

#839137 - 08/01/02 11:11 PM Re: Automobile insurance:
Penny Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Juan Capistrano, CA
Wow, and I thought this was going to be another rant against a capitalist society, with those greedy insurance companies making bucks of the backs of the little guy ;\) .

Congratulations, Derick!

penny

#839138 - 08/01/02 11:19 PM Re: Automobile insurance:
jodi Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Evergreen State (WA)
Derick:

1) SLOW DOWN! (Have you been good, or did you just get a better radar detector? ;\)

2) Better get a new DVD/surround system while you're at it. And then, a new amplifier to drive the whole thing... \:D Jodi

Which reminds me - Steve has something he calls a "fuzz-buster-buster" It's a little device that sets off OTHER people's radar detectors. It's a hoot. \:\)

#839139 - 08/01/02 11:21 PM Re: Automobile insurance:
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks Penny. This insurance company's CEO doesn't even make 6 figures, and no stock options. My former insurance company, well their CEO was making 8 figures not counting stock options. Just kidding.

Hey, that tirade is my last foot in the door with the left. The rest of me has been dragged kicking and screaming to the right. ;\)

Derick

#839140 - 08/01/02 11:23 PM Re: Automobile insurance:
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Jodi,

I LOVE YOU! I just printed out your post and put it on SWMBO nightstand.

Can you say something about how I deserve a 50th Anniversary Corvette? Please.

Derick

P.S. I did slow down. I've been clean for 3 years.

#839141 - 08/02/02 12:34 AM Re: Automobile insurance:
jodi Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Evergreen State (WA)
Oh man, am I going to be in the dog house according to your SWMBO. :rolleyes: Jodi

#839142 - 08/02/02 09:43 AM Re: Automobile insurance:
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
Derick,

I have an immaculate driving record but still pay through the nose for insurance. One reason is that one of the two cars I am insuring is a Cobra and the other reason is that my wife has only been a licensed driver for about 2 1/2 years. I am always looking for better rates so if you know of something please let me know. I don't think that Beamer of yours would be viewed much differently than my Cobra by an insurance company do you? At least performance-wise. If anything they would charge you more since you paid a lot more for yours.

#839143 - 08/02/02 10:13 AM Re: Automobile insurance:
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hmmm, well the Cobra is pretty high performance so I don't know how they'll view that. BTW, beamers are the motorcycles, bimmers are the cars; a little known, but highly important, fact!

The company is AIG. But again, you have to be invited. My mother called and they said "sorry" you must be invited. I don't get it?

Anyway, there is a lot of safety equipment on the car that they give HUGE discounts for. As well as a big discount for the alarm system (over $200).

But give them a call (1-800-241-1188) and let me know how you make out. FWIW, I was paying $2971/year (just for one car). Now I'm paying $1312!!! I still don't believe it, but I've got the insurance cards in the car and called them to make sure the policy was in effect, it is.

Surround-sound DVD system here I come.

Derick

#839144 - 08/02/02 10:20 AM Re: Automobile insurance:
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
Thanks Derick. Maybe I can get an invitation somehow. ;\) I'll try to remember that the beamers have two wheels and the bimmers have four. \:\)

Good luck with the surround DVD sound system you lucky dog.

#839145 - 08/02/02 11:25 AM Re: Automobile insurance:
PianoMuse Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Philly, PA
Whew! All i have to say is thank god my dad is a high-ranking law official....i have only been pulled over once, for going 30 over the speed limit, and as soon as they found who I was, the police officer was like " I am so sorry, continue on your way" , and then stopped half of the cars on the highway so it would be easy for me to pull out again! I guess i don't have to worry about my insurance rates.....( i know, i know, it's not fair, but my dad put his life on the line for 25 years...we deserve a little something...)

What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Prelude
by noobpianist90
10/25/14 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
10/24/14 11:57 PM
Communication outside of lessons
by Arghhh
10/24/14 10:23 PM
What is this piece?
by JoelW
10/24/14 09:54 PM
Piano Rankings
by phantomFive
10/24/14 07:59 PM
Who's Online
79 registered (Al LaPorte, Adypiano, accordeur, 36251, 24 invisible), 1106 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76645 Members
42 Forums
158485 Topics
2327431 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission