2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (Davidnewmind, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 56 of 136 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 135 136
A
A
Thanks all for the suggestions...

so basically
1 YAMAHA Plaza Singapura : went there yesterday, actually I think the range is pretty small for classical pieces
2 Robert Pianno Millenia Walk : wah, i bought my piano from there and did not realised they sell the piano books
3 Sweet Classics at Shaw Tower : will check it out

I have shortage of pieces to play since I only keeping 2 piano books when I quit playing piano ( both are my favourites )

Yesterday I went To Plaza Sing and bought one music score. So happy, can't wait for my piano to reach my new flat!
However I find that a lot of the books are simplified classical pieces ( they don't follow the originals ) and kinda misleading since the title did not mention that it's the simplified version. If I never learn the pieces before, I would not know that it's not the originals.

E
E
Alright folks, now I need some help..
I own a Weinberg H-61 baby grand which was purchased in 1991. It has served me well throughout these years until now, 2 action brackets have broken. I have spoken to my technician, and he assured me that he is able to get replacement brackets for me, but it has been more than 5 months, and he still isn't able to come up with anything. I have called the current Weinberg, which is Piano Connections, but they told me that the design has changed and they are not able to get the same action brackets for me (of course i gave them the serial number). So finally, my only lead is that i know that Weinbergs made during that period were made by Young Chang, so if i can get a dealer who can contact Young Chang directly, then there still may be a chance.

so.
Anyone has any suggestion on what i should do?
Or anyone knows who is the official Young Chang dealer in Singapore?

Please help me... i am getting more frustrated with my piano day by day, so much to the point that i come home from work and i don't even feel like opening my piano...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
eFatz: Maybe you should post this in the piano tech board. Have you spoken to Mr Kwan? He might have suggestions.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Action bracket broken?
How about taking it out and bring it to a workshop for welding?

I can offer my help laugh

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
E
E
Snoopycar
being the engineer that i am, the first thing i came to think about was welding. However quite a few people (including some people i have met for the first time) told me that welding cannot be done because it may change the height of the bracket slightly...
as for mr kwan, i do intend to call him... i'll let you guys know if he gives me any good news

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Well, if welding adds height, then "machine" it to specf lor, etc milling, simple filing.

It's doable in half a day. Go to any industrial park where there is welding shops. After that walk to any machining shop. Give them a sample part for your "good" bracket lor.

Another thing i learn is if the parts is worn off, more material can be welded to it. Then later "machine" down to specf again.

It's a quick fix method rather than to fab a new part.

From what i know, the part may be cast iron.
It should be weldable and workable. Or mayber try to do a "investment casting" ?? haha
Or Just prototype it with alu 6061.

cheers

Hi. guys. I'm a newbie here, first post smile

I own a Yamaha U5 piano for close to 10 years already since when i was P5. For the past few years, I've find the U5 getting abit more restrictive for my playing though it is nevertheless still a great great upright. So, I did some research into grands lately as I've very shallow knowledge piror to this.

This forum has been useful, but one thing bothering me is that which brands can I actually get it Singapore? Or is it a norm to buy from overseas? So far, I've tried only a few brands as I don't really know where I can try different brands(I'm more of a music person than a piano person). I've tried Bosendorfer and Schimmel from Chiu Piano, the Yamaha S-series and CFIIIs, Pleyel and Sauter. Among all, I loved the Bosendorfer for the superb touch and feel, and Pleyel's quick and light texture. Yamaha's S4 felt kind of like the Schimmel. Right now, I see other names like Fazioli, Steingraber etc etc which seems to be excellent too judging from posts here. May I know which shops in Singapore sells them?

Other recommendations also welcomed :p , I need much info as possible to educate myself. Hope to get a decent grand piano. My budget is about 100k, though I might be able to spend slightly more if the extra spent can get me a great improvement.

Thanks in advance!! heart

J.C Offline
hey guys i'm looking for piano covers, 3/4 or full length, can't seem to find them at chistofori and don't really see it around anywhere. i got pis.sed off at the sales person at chistofori, KEPT DISSING MY KAWAI. says it's made in china lousy, fake years and blah blah blah.=.=' i only asked for a cover. i'm seriously thinking of lodging a complaint! not the bloody first time that happen! aRGHH anyway...hahas great if i can get some places where i can find piano supplies.

H
H
hi i am new to the forum . I was looking for tuners/ technicians (sorry not familiar with which term I should use) for my neighbour. Wondering if anyone can recommend or help. They bought a used piano from a shop. It was almost nightmare when the piano arrives. 'Whitish' fine thread like stuffs kept appearing on the piano. Ekksss .. i would not even dare to touch the keys. They called the shop. The shop denied the claim . They threaten to report to CASE. The shop said it would send technician. But no one turn up. The shop thereafter denied all responsibilites even though there is 1 year warranty. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

E
E
to satay16...
budget 100K!!?? wow! i wish i had THAT kind of budget...
anyway some info
Steingraeber available at Chiu. The Grand 205 costs about 100k
Fazioli available at Emmanuel and Sons, at MacKenzie road, near KK women and children's hospital. price for the 6 foot grand is 120k, IIRC
one i recommend is the Shigeru Kawai, available at Robert piano, the 7 foot SK6 is about 65k
C Bechstein available at Cristofori (must go down to the showroom at funan). 7 foot costs about 115k, formidable piano indeed.

Originally posted by eFatz:
to satay16...
anyway some info
Fazioli available at Emmanuel and Sons, at MacKenzie road, near KK women and children's hospital. price for the 6 foot grand is 120k, IIRC
one i recommend is the Shigeru Kawai, available at Robert piano, the 7 foot SK6 is about 65k
C Bechstein available at Cristofori (must go down to the showroom at funan). 7 foot costs about 115k, formidable piano indeed.
haha. actually, it is ALOT of money to me, but i believe thise piano i'm buying is going to follow me for quite a few decades, so it's going to be a big big one time investment 3hearts . and big thanks to those places. when i have time, i really want to go down to Emmanuel and Sons to try the fazioli. had been trying to search in yahoo, but can't find their location.

E
E
Originally posted by J.C:
hey guys i'm looking for piano covers, 3/4 or full length, can't seem to find them at chistofori and don't really see it around anywhere. i got pis.sed off at the sales person at chistofori, KEPT DISSING MY KAWAI. says it's made in china lousy, fake years and blah blah blah.=.=' i only asked for a cover. i'm seriously thinking of lodging a complaint! not the bloody first time that happen! aRGHH anyway...hahas great if i can get some places where i can find piano supplies.
which one did you go to? the one at funan is it? that guy there quite hard-@$$, kept dissing japanese pianos as "consumer grade" pianos.. so unless you have done your homework and can rebutt him, it would be really quite sian to talk to him.. anyway i think try maybe try asiapiano? i think they should be able to offer you a cover

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
What is dissing? is it like "kau sway"? Or "Kua bua Kee"? laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by satay16:
[b] to satay16...
anyway some info
haha. actually, it is ALOT of money to me, but i believe thise piano i'm buying is going to follow me for quite a few decades, so it's going to be a big big one time investment 3hearts . and big thanks to those places. when i have time, i really want to go down to Emmanuel and Sons to try the fazioli. had been trying to search in yahoo, but can't find their location. [/b]
In that price range there is also the Sauter Omega, 7'2". Unfortunately Raffles Piano does not have one in the showroom, but if you can wait until late April to early May you are welcome to try mine when it is delivered then.

P
P
Hello all.
New to Piano forums.
Alright, I have read like 19 pages. But there’s more to go.

Gotten my 2nd piano from Asia Piano last sept. Did a few shopping. Did ask my teacher for some recommendation. But all he said was, “get a decent piano that has a height of 121cm and above.”

First, I went to the shop at Singapore shopping centre. The shop is very cram. Tired a few kawai pianos. But like none. Didn’t choose the NS series (if I can still remember is it that series) as I felt that the keys are quite heavy. In love with 1 of the k series but one of the key actually have a small hole. Like being knock before. Thus, I decided to get that off my list. But the lady was quite good. No pressure. That’s what I love.
Left and went to RB. Tried some kawai K series piano. (those that have a cover and board like grand piano kind). The sound was nice. But couldn’t think of which to buy. =X But had fun testing the pianos.
Went to pianoman shop a few days later. My recommendation is, NEVER GO THERE! I went to the shop with my mum. And the sales man act like he never saw us at all. Bad attitude. I left immediately. The call down to the shop was nice. I was being answered by a lady who went chatting with me about Yamaha’s piano for like ½ an hour on the phone. But the attitude really bad.
Wanted to go Asia Piano’s warehouse. I e-mail Leonard Soh and he told me they had shifted to citimac blding,off merphershon. So after deciding with my mother. We decided to go to the warehouse. It took me 1.5 hours to reach there. -__- The warehouse was big. Lots of kawai pianos. Leonard’s newphew, Ah Wee, was good. No pressure. He asked me to try every piano. But I limit to those that are 121cm and above. (Do not want to down grade from the previous piano. LOL.) At first, I was quite unwilling to test because it’s been like 10 years since I last play a decent piece. But decided to go ahead with whatever piece I know. Finally gotten a KS-3, 127cm from them.

But I got 1 question to ask. I just tuned my piano like last oct. Not sure why the A key becomes off tune. Is it because I played too frequently like everyday 2 hours? Or there’s something wrong with it?

Any places sell the piano key cover (the red cloth)?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Digitus:
In that price range there is also the Sauter Omega, 7'2". Unfortunately Raffles Piano does not have one in the showroom, but if you can wait until late April to early May you are welcome to try mine when it is delivered then.
hmmmmm..........i dun think sauter will be high on my list. i was in a music sch that used sauters for 8 years, and frankly speaking, i did not really like their touch. but then again, they were all uprights, not grands. maybe their grands would feel different?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hmmm.... touch can be adjusted - eg. aftertouch. If aftertouch is not right, key bottom feeing vs sound might not align, too early or late.

Wah 100k laugh can buy 11 U1, or buy 2 Estonia !! or buy 1 Estonia, then 50K buy a Mitshbishi i super cute car?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
[b] to satay16...
anyway some info
haha. actually, it is ALOT of money to me, but i believe thise piano i'm buying is going to follow me for quite a few decades, so it's going to be a big big one time investment 3hearts . and big thanks to those places. when i have time, i really want to go down to Emmanuel and Sons to try the fazioli. had been trying to search in yahoo, but can't find their location. [/b]
Well, Emmanuel & Sons is now at 148 Mackenzie Rd laugh The Fazioli Showroom is done up. Go and "test drive" the Ferrari of Pianos.

Originally posted by snoopycar:
Hmmm.... touch can be adjusted - eg. aftertouch. If aftertouch is not right, key bottom feeing vs sound might not align, too early or late.

Wah 100k laugh can buy 11 U1, or buy 2 Estonia !! or buy 1 Estonia, then 50K buy a Mitshbishi i super cute car?
erm...... i not opening music school lah ha . btw, is estonia good? see a few mentions abit that brand, but it seems to be rated quite average based on opinions here.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Digitus:
[b] In that price range there is also the Sauter Omega, 7'2". Unfortunately Raffles Piano does not have one in the showroom, but if you can wait until late April to early May you are welcome to try mine when it is delivered then.
hmmmmm..........i dun think sauter will be high on my list. i was in a music sch that used sauters for 8 years, and frankly speaking, i did not really like their touch. but then again, they were all uprights, not grands. maybe their grands would feel different? [/b]
All uprights feel different from grands in general, regardless of brand. The Omega is an exceptional piano. Search the PW forum for more about it.

Page 56 of 136 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission