2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, crab89, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 72 of 136 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 135 136
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
it all boils down to taste.

Appollo, van hounten, Cadbury or (insert_______ dark german chocolate) laugh

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
B
B
I went (Piano Master) Hailun yesterday. The piano sounded good. A new Hailun piano at $3.6k for 125cm height upright. I like it actually :p How does that sound?

But is Chinese made pianos less quality compared to brands like Yamaha and Kawai? With the same price/budget, is it better to get Japanese brands 2nd hand? Also, usually what is a lifespan of a Chinese made piano vs Japanese made?

Anyway, still want to shop around...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yah man, the tone is mesmerizing right??
Dark bitter chocolate type right ??
I liked the 125 a lot too.
I can't get enough of the HL186 grand !!

If care of a craftman is built-in, any piano can last for a long time, including the tone and touch can be preserve too.

(sorry for the lengthy info, can skip if sleepy)
For example, a small part can make a big difference in the long run, a flange.
A flange is a pivot part. Each key basically have
hammer flange
whippen flange
damper flange
jack flange

If when new, each flange friction is 2 grams, total is 8 grams of static friction. We would like to have a piano that would perform consistanly for the next 10~20 yrs.

Imagine if each flange bushing is not built properly, their total friction deviated to loose or tighter, its going to give the pianist a touch consistancy problem.

What if the spring material is not quality and loses it tension or fatique over time?
What if the hammer felt isn't so resilient and gets harden over time and the tone becomes harsh?
What if the soundboard ribs losses its strength and sagged?

Some pianist pay more to get a sense of assurance(practical). Some take a bet on getting the best sound for the least price(adventurous). There is no right or wrong choice, get the sound that moves your soul - and move the soul of other by your music.

B
B
Ya, very tempted. But must compare 3 places first. "huo4 bi3 san1 jia1". Also, trying not to be too impulse. laugh

I think I know what you mean in term of your piano make theory...I am tempted to be adventurous...and pray that the flanges don't tighten or loosen...and all parts good good.

Ya, I like the grand also...played on it...very shiok feeling. But that one out of budget liow. Haha, unless one day I "huat" liow. :p But my luck sucks...so wait long long..

happy to see you have a really nice grand piano. ^_^

"Money is the key to open all doors"~~
"If music be the food of love; play on." ~~Bill Shakespeare~~
Hi Bihua,

You said the Hailun 125 was quoted to you at S$3600. Is that the list price or bargained price? If that is the list price, it seems they have cut the price. About 6 months ago, they quoted me S$3850, similar to the W&L 122.

B
B
Ya, they quoted me $3,600 for Hailun 125. I haven't bargain yet, just ask when I was looking around. Don't want to waste effort, confirm want, then bargain.

I didn't ask W&L (forgot what height, but I remember is much shorter than Hailun 125) but I prefer the Hailun piano, sounded better :p

Oh, you mean the price will change as time pass? The sales person told me the price rarely change. Is about the same all year round...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Bihua:
Oh, you mean the price will change as time pass? The sales person told me the price rarely change. Is about the same all year round...
That's what they all say! Just see what happens to the price when they know that you are looking at alternatives.... laugh

E
E
I played the grand at Hailun, i think the sound is quite comparable to brands like Kawai and Yamaha..

Also, i think that the grand is quite a steal, they have good sounds and the price aint steep like those of other brands..

However, since its make in China so i guess people are doubting the quality and durability but seriously the sound is very good

i also don get it why they are selling so low

D
D
Wow seems Hailun making some stir here. Where's the place that carry it? I assume service was pleasant huh? Can anyone elaborate "the sound is very good"

Btw GSS not over yet? How come Grxxxxy slashing prices the 3rd time?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Gramercy got sale ??
Wow i didn't ready straitstimes for a long time...

Wilem Tell and Bohemia are very very nice smile

HaiLun is carry by PianoMaster lah.
See nespaper classified section72 got info.
opposite geylang post office, from MRT walk across the paya leyba road. HAIya, bayLUN leow, must save up to get the HL186 grand ... hehehe

E
E
i went there on sunday, they sold the 161(i think so) to some agent that sell house that intend to put the piano in the showroom just for the sake of beauty..lol..

i heard that when u play piano, test the Bass and the Higher Octave keys to see the quality of sound..

i tested Kawai, Yamaha, one German piano i forgot the brand..and of course beloved Hailun..lol..

And ya the service is very good, don be afraid to sit down there and keep playing one piece of music after another...lol..

oh and they sell used piano too..

I think that Kawai(RX - 1, RX - 2, SK-5,K8) Bass is very good, when u press very strongly, u can hear the vibration cleary..and the higher keys are very sharp..

i also tested the Yamaha C1, a baby grand, compare to the Kawai, i think that the Kawai keys are more pleasant to play on where as the Yamaha keys are more stiff..of course personal preference la.. the bass is more got depth and the overall sound is quite deep..

Hailun bass are not very clear, the vibration kinda mix together..like very blur but the middle C there the sound quite comparable to the other 2 brands..

D
D
Gramercy quite a cosy place with “woody envirnoment” But I doubt I will visit any sooner after being “blacklisted” by the boss for asking dee too much technical question. :b:

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
what did you ask?

-What is the hammer weight spread?
-What is the hammer travel ratio?
-Do you do a X-ray inspection on the iron frame?
-What species of deer skin did you use?
-Any proof of non illegal logging?
-What is the maximium dB sound sound pressure the bass section can produce? 150dB?
-What is the inertia of the the action?
-What is the max repetition response of the middle C#? 20/sec?
-Does it comes with a ballbearing caster wheel?
-What is the soundboard bearing angle?
-What is the expected angle loss per year?
-Does it comes with a spare set of hammer? of different hardness - with the flange and shank.
-What is the impedance of the soundboard?
-Is the heater rod safety approved against current leakage?
-Does it comes with a circuit breaker?
-What is the alginment tolerance?
Any documented chksheet? ISO9000 tracebility?
-What is you markup? hehehe
-Any discount if i ask for my own mover?

hehehe sory arr, i was free for a moment.

BTW, did your eye poped out when you saw the price of the championship violin?

D
D
Snoppycar,

Your question too "Chimilogy" for me to understand. I only ask some standard question and ISO was one of them. Just way too curious of what LARRY FINE wrote under technical specification.

In all i get is production is closely supervised by Switzerland pianomaker. FULLSTOP. Unintentionally, I pi**ed him off with some rumor of Bohemia. (which i shall not elaborate)

Yes the violins steal a lot of limelight, and in the end up spending more time on my friend's bow instead.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
didn't know thats a sensitive question, ok i'll avoid asking that one

.... they have a swiss QC in white coat auditor walking around the factory all the time... or is it a webcam link to swissland?? 10zoom camera with macro capability. Ok maybe they really have a swiss guy there to check and monitor... six sigma control ...

tongue in the cheek ... don't sue me

B
B
keeferae,

As I was reading the thread, notice that you owned W&L 122. How much you paid for it? Can PM me? Also, how did you bargain / what stuffs you asked for?

Also, why did you eventually choose W&L? What pianos was in your consideration list?

I am thinking of going to Cristofori Bedok to see this weekend...if got time, want to see Emmanuel & Sons (saw Digitus mentioned about Mr Kwan somewhere in this thread...)

D
D
Does anyone has experience to share on the Schimmel upright? 124 model sounded nice, base is huge and deeper than the taller one, treble section has this pure, sweet, bell ringing tone. 3hearts However, the base seems to out-perform the treble, have this slightly imbalance sound projection across. Also is bouncy touch known as responsive? Anyway, this piano gives me a very "calm feeling". I think this is a gal piano.

Out of curiousity i went to Piano Master also. The sale person commented W&L and HAILUN are same difference. (same make, diiferent names only)

Was pretty amazed by the base and middle section and surprisely sounded so much better than the used Yamaha. However, I personally feel the treble section kinda thin. The keys kinda too light weighted (easy for running notes, not so good if going for a "substance" touch)

In all, quite impressive with the rich sound and perhaps the best China brand heard so far. (although inside cabinet, parts are not very finely made)

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Well, anyone knows any brand that I can find in Malaysia other than:
Yamaha, Kawai (almost any dealers have it)
Petrof, Wagner, Bosendorfer (Wagner Piano)
Steinway family (Bentley Music)
Young Chang (YC Piano)
Samick and Malaysian made piano (Vienna Music)

Do anyone know of Malayworldpiano? I found them in www.alibaba.com. They seem to be carrying Estonia, Wendl & Lung and also used Bluthner and a need-to-rebuild Pleyel. It sounds so not-Malaysia that I don't even know these pianos to be available here. One of the reason I think it might be a fake might be that as my intense research goes on, I should discover them fairly early and get contact with them easily. The other reason is if they really carry these brands, they should be able to set up a website and also have an email account. Even with the alibaba.com PM system, they didn't reply me.
Do they exist?

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/101220247/Estonia_Piano.html

In that link, it shows the pretty Estonia in Bubinga finish. I saw an exactly same picture on a British advertisment (the price is in pound). This makes me more curious!!

I find Estonia to be very beautiful. I don't know its tone yet but it's receiving great positive comments from PW.

I wish Estonia piano can be found in Malaysia...

Hi Bihua,

I have PMed you. Sorry for the late reply. Was out since last Wednesday and had been running around after my daughter was hospitalised for prolonged fever which the doctor said better for her to have a thorough check-up. Just got back to work only today.

Page 72 of 136 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission