Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
86 registered (A Guy, Almaviva, 32 invisible), 1211 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#851335 - 07/19/03 05:50 PM Re: TROLLS
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
I started the poem writing.

Here is my piano changed to Tomk poem

If I could ever have
the pleasure of your company
If I could always know
your voice was just for me

If I could always know
that you'd be always mine
I could solemnly promise
that I'd be forever thine.

Know that I possess you
like the one who shares my bed
If you're not there in front of me
I play you in my head.

I try to make things better
I know I treat you kind of rough
But I guess you'll always know
I just can't buy enough

"TomK" (see disclaimer)
disclaimer: (originally said "piano")

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

Piano & Music Accessories
#851336 - 07/19/03 05:55 PM Re: TROLLS
Ariel Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: NE
Fair enough.

Ariel

#851337 - 07/19/03 05:58 PM Re: TROLLS
Ariel Offline
3000 Post Club Member

And now here is the actual post I had written to Benedict, if it's still dragged in my mouse.
originally posted by Benedict:
 Quote:

Thank you. Your mention of Yom Kippur and Kol Nidre has automatically awakened a popup ad for the Jewish Cafe.

I have already 7 appointments. [/b]
:D \:D \:D
Apple claims she is getting pop-ups from Jewish singles groups, owing to mentioning my name (?) but I'M NOT. This is like somebody who can only purchase winning lottery tickets if they're for somebody else...well, perhaps winning lottery ticket is too strong a term, especially for the Jewish Cafe. All I get is spam for septic tank improvements (tho' I'm on the township sewer line), and "hot, friendly appreciative Russian women!"

And pique posted:
 Quote:
thanks for your chivalry on my behalf. you are so very eloquent in my defense, it is much better than i could have done myself [/b]
It's always better when people become indignant on your behalf! And I also thank you, benedict. Very much.

I think I can see why you took a breather from the Forum, alright besides having surgery and your daughter's wedding...Super Mazal Tov to you! That is a great rite of passage, on top of a joyous occasion. And how very nice that your daughter considered your feelings so beautifully about her new name! You see, that extra ice-cream cone paid off, n'est-ce pas? (I deleleted my reference earlier in that thread, by the way.)

But you clearly were meditating about goings on here too. You're much more "ta gueule alarec" or whatever you said - in defense of others, though. You see, it does make the water hotter by many degrees, (and there's a very strong ripple effect too somehow)...I hope you don't regret it.

The key to certain failure is trying to please everybody. One says.

By the way we have a new (sporadic) poster named Zorro - French import! Sounds young. Someone to discuss cheese and pianos with, at least, and he has quite a salty tongue - something like: allez vous empiffrer avec vos merdes, connards d'amerloques, pauvre tas de cochons...! That was a new one for me, with s'empiffrer. Didn't sound too acclimatised! But it was, I think, his only outburst (I hesitate to say, but it was to Bb.)

Not sure if he's really cosmopolite. Perhaps that distinction is more Jewish French, though actually a negative stereotype, isn't it? True of me, however. I have often felt like the classic juive errante. Sans un sens "d'appartenir a". N'importe ou. I ran into a numbre of negative stereotypes in Paris, related to the "avare = juif" scandal with Larousse. (I can't count the number of times I was told, "tiens, tu n'as de tout l'air americain - Je l'ignorais". Et "Juive? Pas possible! Genereuse comme toi!") Compliments one doesn't know how to respond to! :rolleyes:

I have read that there is a great increase in antisemitic incidents in France, some quite serious. A votre avis? If I can find (an abstracted) link, I will add it to this post.

Et bien, ca (plusque) suffit!

Encore une fois, soyez le tres bienvenu, Benedicte. Votre absence prolongee m'inquietait.

Ariel

P.S. Quelle sefira represente votre famille - "Hochma?"

Here is the link.

New Wave of Anti-Semitism in France

Unfortunately being an abstract, they only printed the lead paragraph.. As you see the original article was c. 1500 wds. But the headline tells it all.

pique[/b] if you see this amidst all the verbal clutter...wanted you to know I just finished emailing your Dr. Laura "letter" to several people I know will enjoy it almost as much as I did, which is saying a lot!! \:D \:D \:D

Just one little note: I corrected a slight inaccuracy in my mailings which would have been picked up by the recipients - it needs to read "menstrual UN-cleanliness", to really get it right! ;\)

There's a problem with my piano search, by the way, which is rather complex and somewhat personal - email me if you care to thru my profile. It boils down to its not being my piano, and related issues...Thx! A.

#851338 - 07/19/03 06:13 PM Re: TROLLS
TomK Offline
2000 Post Club Member

apple, I think this:

That I'd see you at the Oyster Bar under Grand Central. Everyday. And that we'd have a Martini and I'd tell you about my day, and you'd tell me about yours. And we'd share our joys and our troubles. And then with a kiss or a short hug--maybe we'd go our own ways.

But our joys would be doubled, because they were shared, and our sadness, lessened by half because they were shared.

Nice to know you. These days, a lot of times I go to my computer rather than the Oyster bar.

Thanks for the poem.

#851339 - 07/19/03 07:29 PM Re: TROLLS
Ariel Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Jolly posted (was meaning to reply here, forgot):
 Quote:
Renauda,

You may be right, and I may be wrong.

If you're right, I will have tried to live a decent life, and hope this world will have been a better place for it. And then I'm worm food.

But if I'm right, and you're wrong... [/b]
Option three, Jolly (and of course, there are many more after-life scenarios besides these)

What if you're right in one regard. Picture Christ broadcasting on His judgmental "channel" (as you put it), sitting on that White Throne. With the out-stretched arm of His righteous and forewarned justice, He flings the piteous souls of the damned into the fiery pit. Kind of like that scene from the movie "Ghosts" if you've seen it - plus throne.

But what if your life - the words of your mouth, the work of your hands [the clicks of your mouse], and the meditations of your heart - has not found quite the favored response you have been expecting, so that your just reward, alas (owing doubtless to a mis-interpretation of the contract), is the Badlands.

And, just to make Hell complete, on the way down you are vouchsafed a clear view of Lazy Pianist, dressed in snowy robes of the finest weave, ascending on a cloud of radiance in the opposite lane!

Ariel

(As for my future, I already described my worst fate several posts above, in my first reply to justme today...And I think if that is what lies in store, it would be quite enough punishment for even my worst sins!)

#851340 - 07/19/03 08:13 PM Re: TROLLS
Ariel Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I plumb forgot something you said which troubled me a great deal (Jolly):
 Quote:
...I would have no problem killing another person with a hoe, should I choose it as a weapon. [/b]
If I think about this too much it will completely spoil one of my favorite Biblical images. From of the Book of Isaiah,

"...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; Nation shall not lift up sword against Nation, neither thall they learn War anymore."

You mean even plowshares can be used as weapons, Jolly...?
\:\(
Ariel

#851341 - 07/19/03 10:30 PM Re: TROLLS
Ariel Offline
3000 Post Club Member

TomK posted:
 Quote:
If she makes the call, the offendee apologizes and backs off. Fair? [/b]
Just a trivial mistake which could happen to anyone (I after all did not even notice initially), but I believe the offendee would be the one at the receiving end of the apology, while the offender - if there should ever even be one - would be expressing mea culpas and backing off. Yes?

A.

#851342 - 07/20/03 03:16 AM Re: TROLLS
Lazy Pianist Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Option three, Jolly (and of course, there are many more after-life scenarios besides these)

What if you're right in one regard. Picture Christ broadcasting on His judgmental "channel" (as you put it), sitting on that White Throne. With the out-stretched arm of His righteous and forewarned justice, He flings the piteous souls of the damned into the fiery pit. Kind of like that scene from the movie "Ghosts" if you've seen it - plus throne.

But what if your life - the words of your mouth, the work of your hands [the clicks of your mouse], and the meditations of your heart - has not found quite the favored response you have been expecting, so that your just reward, alas (owing doubtless to a mis-interpretation of the contract), is the Badlands.

And, just to make Hell complete, on the way down you are vouchsafed a clear view of Lazy Pianist, dressed in snowy robes of the finest weave, ascending on a cloud of radiance in the opposite lane!
[/b]
Ariel

Assuming God has a sense of humor, which I think She does, true hell for Jolly would not be seeing me ascending while he is descending, but having me right beside him in Hell, spouting off, and he not being able to respond -- just listen and listen and listen to me for all eternity.

Now, THAT would be hell for Jolly - and perhaps heaven for me! LOL!!!
Avoid those who have found it.

#851343 - 07/21/03 09:57 AM Re: TROLLS
Jolly Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
If the Bible is inerrant, check out the verse written by Paul earlier in the thread.

There are no sockpuppets in heaven. At least not without repentance.

Sorry. ;\)

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#851344 - 07/21/03 10:00 AM Re: TROLLS
Jolly Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
 Quote:
...I would have no problem killing another person with a hoe, should I choose it as a weapon. [/b]
If I think about this too much it will completely spoil one of my favorite Biblical images. From of the Book of Isaiah,

"...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; Nation shall not lift up sword against Nation, neither thall they learn War anymore."

\:\(
Ariel [/b]
The very first weapons were also used in agriculture.

Personally, if I really wanted to do away with someone, I'd use a shotgun - as I stated earlier, the example of the hoe is just a way of showing how most any tool can be used for good, or bad.

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#851345 - 07/21/03 03:48 PM Re: TROLLS
chosenhandle Offline

Loc: Minnesota
 Quote:

Quote:

[/b]
Garden Hoes were the weapon of choice in Cambodia during the genocide, mainly due to the cost of ammo (estimated that 80,000 were killed in the first fews days).

To some degree, it was used in Rwanda as well.

Guess we should ban them as well as guns.

#851346 - 07/21/03 07:30 PM Re: TROLLS
TomK Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Quote:
TomK posted:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If she makes the call, the offendee apologizes and backs off. Fair?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a trivial mistake which could happen to anyone (I after all did not even notice initially), but I believe the offendee would be the one at the receiving end of the apology, while the offender - if there should ever even be one - would be expressing mea culpas and backing off. Yes?

A. [/b]
This saucy little wench just can't get enough of me, it seems. \:\) \:\) \:\)

#851347 - 07/21/03 07:36 PM Re: TROLLS
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Englewood, FL
TomK,
Just ignore it. I was amazed you let that go this long and didn't react sooner. You done good. Yes, I'm thinking what you're thinking but I won't say it!!!!!!!

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/

#851348 - 07/21/03 07:47 PM Re: TROLLS
TomK Offline
2000 Post Club Member

justme,

Had two glasses of Chateau La Lagune (a Haut-Medoc) with dinner, and got a tad feisty, (I am the official Forum alcoholic, after all.)

Sorry.

#851349 - 07/21/03 07:52 PM Re: TROLLS
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Englewood, FL
 Quote:
Originally posted by TomK:
justme,

Had two glasses of Chateau La Lagune (a Haut-Medoc) with dinner, and got a tad feisty, (I am the official Forum alcoholic, after all.)

Sorry. [/b]
Let me know when you break out the Perrier-Jouet, okay? That's my favorite. :p
You naughty naughty Catholic

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/

#851350 - 07/21/03 08:04 PM Re: TROLLS
TomK Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Perrier-Jouet,[/b]
justme,

Actually, that's the "house wine" of my youngest daughter's Godmother. She's a former opera singer, lives across the street from Lincoln Center and VASTLY SPANISH.

Evening at her house are always 30 courses of Tapas and Perrier-Jouet! (We start every meal there with, "Bless O Lord, and these thy gifts...")

#851351 - 07/21/03 09:29 PM Re: TROLLS
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
I tried a Haut-Medoc over the weekend. Chateau Coufran '96. It was very nice. I would like to buy a few to age for a while.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Guide to Teaching
by Arghhh
12/21/14 12:39 AM
Making a New York Steinway sound like a Hamburg Steinway
by nphase
12/20/14 10:24 PM
Merry Christmas from Brazil! Feliz Natal!!
by Piano_Brazil
12/20/14 09:19 PM
Rzewski: De Profundis
by pianoloverus
12/20/14 09:17 PM
Guide to skills level
by Gemgem
12/20/14 08:55 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160029 Topics
2350015 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission