Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
71 registered (angga888, ando, AZNpiano, Baroque Style, Anne H, 24 invisible), 1127 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#870621 - 12/07/04 03:31 PM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Dwain Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I was a big Pirates fan when I was a kid, back in the 60's and 70's. But for me, baseball died when Roberto Clemente was killed in a plane crash. Haven't really gotten into it much at all since then.

(and that's the truth)

Piano & Music Accessories
#870622 - 12/07/04 03:34 PM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Englewood, FL
I was in Pittsburgh for the '79 final game of the World Series. Being young, dumb and loyal I wore my Oriole T-shirt anyway.

Roberto Clemente was a great man.

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/

#870623 - 12/07/04 03:38 PM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
Dwain,

That was quite a team...Clemente, Stargell, Sanguillen... I loved to watch those guys. Stargell was like Casey at bat. Clemente could throw like no one I've ever seen...

Ken

#870624 - 12/07/04 03:47 PM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Dwain Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Stargell wasn't worthy to carry Clemente's jockstrap. \:\)

#870625 - 12/07/04 03:53 PM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
gryphon Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Okemos, MI
Wrong. Allow me to explain.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
With all due respect, I don't think that is necessarily the reason people might have ignored you [/b]
Cindy, I just used me as an example, and while true, I was not the only one. (I could just speak from experience). But others here have had the same experience as I. A few posters (who I would call ideologues) have even publicly stated that they didn't care about the facts or proving their position to be correct, they just hoped to influence some people who didn't have their minds made up one way or the other. Well, one I have in mind specifically.
 Quote:
the mere fact that you attach an URL does not mean I believe your source to be beyond reproach.[/b]
I am referring to hard facts like voting records, OMB numbers, the text of Senate and House Bills, complete and direct quotes from speeches and TV appearances, not necessarily some opinion website or the conservative equivalent of the Democratic Underground, TruthOut, MoveOn.org, or some other conspiracy theorist source. Give me just a smidgen of credit.
 Quote:
you were demanding I engage with you on the topic my status here as a non-subscriber.[/b]
Wrong. And I thought I made myself quite clear back then (twice) but apparently not. I said you were advocating things that would cost more money. It's pretty easy to spend other people's money.

#870626 - 12/07/04 03:57 PM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dwain Lee:
Stargell wasn't worthy to carry Clemente's jockstrap. \:\) [/b]
But he made a great steak...and had that wonderful warm-up...the bat going round and round...forever...then he'd hit a foul ball...and then the bat went round and round and round...must have added 45 minutes to every game.

Clemente was just an all round great player -- perhaps as great as any who ever played the game. Stargell was the quinessential slugger - looked the part - and did his job.

- yeah guppies aren't the best for cute and cuddly...with that eating the young thing...right up there with Old Yeller as a childhood experience that might best be forgotten.

Ken

#870627 - 12/07/04 06:59 PM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Jolly Offline

Loc: Louisiana
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kentcouncil:
The Steelers are dominant, and Big Ben is the real deal... but I'll stick with my prediction for the Pats to repeat. (Go Pats! Yay Red Sox! Guess where I used to live?)

It wasn't so much the fact that the Eagles had a great night, but that the Pack laid down and died, with only the barest twitch from the rapidly stiffening corpse. Lot of Cheeseheads at work the next day wandering around shell-shocked... [/b]
Yeah, but at least "my" kid threw a couple of TD passes.

I've known Nall since he was a gleam in his Daddy's eye....

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#870628 - 12/07/04 07:40 PM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Eldon Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Gee, everything is sorta peaceful. \:\) I'm going to my first pro game on Jan 2...Rams and Patriots. But can tickets really be over $200 each? Yikes.. \:\(

#870629 - 12/08/04 07:41 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Dan Offline

Loc: Colorado
Jolly, who's "Nall". I musta missed something.

#870630 - 12/08/04 07:43 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Jolly Offline

Loc: Louisiana
Second string, behind Favre.

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#870631 - 12/08/04 08:00 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Dan Offline

Eldon,

Tickets *can* be over $200 each, especially if you're in the hoity-toity section. Mine are $76.50 per game for first level, row 37 seats about even with the back line of the end zone.

Enjoy the game. Hope you're a Pats fan...

#870632 - 12/08/04 10:56 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Eldon Offline
500 Post Club Member

Dan,
I'm a fan of the Rams. I live a little less than an hour from St. Louis. While I still don't know the exact value of these tickets, I did discover this morning that it includes food and ALCOHOL...! \:\)

#870633 - 12/08/04 10:57 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

one more football post and I flood this thread with tropical fish stories... Can't say I didn't warn you... ;\)

#870634 - 12/08/04 11:40 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Dan Offline

Ohhhh! If you're getting free booze, you're definitely in the hoity-toity section! And, being a St. Louis fan, you can always drown your sorrows...

#870635 - 12/08/04 11:42 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Dan Offline

Um, ken, that was an american soccer (i.e. not really football) post so keep your smelly creatures to yourself!

#870636 - 12/08/04 11:43 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Englewood, FL
I went to see the Redskins at FedEx stadium and sat in the hoity-toity section. I don't remember any free booze! Oh yeah, sorry, there was a guy there that wanted to give me free booze. ooooops!

Sorry, Ken. \:\)

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/

#870637 - 12/09/04 10:12 AM Re: Imagine that....... *me* - the peace maker.......
Eldon Offline
500 Post Club Member

Very funny, Dan..! :rolleyes:

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bottom of hammer hitting top of damper on upright
by JoeThePro
12/21/14 10:09 PM
Getting better
by Kekewak
12/21/14 07:35 PM
Pearl River vs. Samick
by Zekk
12/21/14 03:41 PM
Kawai vs. Yamaha: what to choose
by SeeSharp
12/21/14 02:19 PM
Disklavier Pro Alternatives? C5X Value for money?
by bryan77
12/21/14 01:15 PM
Forum Stats
77391 Members
42 Forums
160048 Topics
2350347 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission