Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#871938 - 05/31/04 07:04 PM Re: "...the threat is flying..."
John Andrew Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
 Quote:
Originally posted by Tom-*K:
 Quote:
Posted by John Andrew: Many of us think he is currently is the president even if he does not hold the office.
[/b]
Of course, many of "you" are mentally incompetent, too. \:D [/b]
Well, there is that little problem, Tom! ;\)

Piano & Music Accessories
#871939 - 05/31/04 10:45 PM Re: "...the threat is flying..."
Jolly Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
 Quote:
Originally posted by John Andrew:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Jolly:
But we are not arguing a single bill, we are debating a string of bills, over a more than 20 year career.

For a Senator who has been known to flip-flop on issues, his defense voting record is perhaps Kerry's most consistent vote. [/b]
You just don't get it, Jolly.

Perhaps you do not understand how the legislative process works.

As for flip-floping, I still recall Mr. Bush's position on nation building. Look where THAT fli-flop has gotten us! Two countries invaded. Two countries going down the tubes. [/b]
As someone whose budget lives or dies by political whim, I think I understand it better than most.

But my political acumen is not the point of this debate - John Kerry's record on defense is waht we are talking about.

I just don't see how you can make chicken salad out of chicken dookie, when considering his defense voting record.

It's very plain.

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#871940 - 06/01/04 12:12 AM Re: "...the threat is flying..."
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country
 Quote:
Originally posted by John Andrew:
Larry

I assume based on that voting record that you disagree with much of it and will therefore oppose Mr. Kerry.

On the other hand, there are some of us who see much to agree with in that voting record and will support him.

Of such are elections made. [/b]
And I assume that you have now admitted you are incorrect when you claim that Kerry voted the way he did because of outside issues like attachments to the bill or other peripheral issues that he couldn't support hindering him from voting the way he *should* have voted, and that you are finished trying to play your cat and mouse game of justifying Kerry's horrendous voting record using that lame excuse.

You see John, by coming up with excuses for why he voted against these weapons programs, you are admitting he *should* have voted for them, but couldn't. Now that you see that isn't the case, what's left is that he should have voted for them, but *didn't*. There is no other way to explain that, since the only other alternative would be to say you agree that he should have voted exactly the way he did - meaning you wouldn't need to justify it, or explain away his vote against them. You'd simply say he voted correctly, and you support that. That's not what you did.

Since you have repeatedly tried to explain away his voting record instead of agree with it, one can come to only one conclusion - you felt he should have voted *for* these weapons programs, and you could only resolve this conflict by saying he wasn't really voting against them, but against other peripheral things. Now that you see he was completely aware of what he was voting against, you are faced with having to accept the fact that Kerry voted in a way that you up until now didn't agree with. Yet instead of sticking to your principles and admitting that Kerry indeed purposely voted in a way he shouldn't have, you simply drop back to an "I'll vote for him anyway" attitude. That is not the thinking of someone interested in truth, or an honest look at the issues. That is the thinking of a yellow dog democrat who will vote democrat no matter what.

#871941 - 06/01/04 03:19 AM Re: "...the threat is flying..."
John Andrew Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
 Quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
And I assume that you have now admitted you are incorrect when you claim that Kerry voted the way he did because of outside issues like attachments to the bill or other peripheral issues that he couldn't support hindering him from voting the way he *should* have voted, and that you are finished trying to play your cat and mouse game of justifying Kerry's horrendous voting record using that lame excuse. [/b]
I have never claimed that Larry. All I have said in this entire disscussion is that listing specific votes does not make the point, much less prove, that Mr. Kerry is opposed to defending this country and is against securing the United States.

#871942 - 06/01/04 09:58 AM Re: "...the threat is flying..."
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country
I beg to differ. In every post you've written except this last one where you try to back away from your previous statements, you have been extremely clear in your posture on this - that Kerry voted the way he did because of peripheral issues attached to the bills that made it necessary for him to vote against it. That has been your entire argument for explaining Kerry's voting record.

#871943 - 06/01/04 10:04 AM Re: "...the threat is flying..."
bcarey Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
No offense intended, but you Bush folks appear to be just as gullible to the GOP propaganda machine, as Bush and Co. was to Chalabi's.

Try as you may, if you are truthful, you can't say that Kerry is weak on Defense, or would be weak on defense as President. Even John McCain says this attack on his record is unfair.

Bush came into office with zilch defense, and foreign relations experience. It shows!

#871944 - 06/01/04 10:13 AM Re: "...the threat is flying..."
Jolly Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
No GOP propaganda machine - facts, ma'am, just the facts.

One can look at a white wall, and argue 'till the cows come home that it is black, but argument will not change the facts.

In Kerry's case, he has a long record...from Winter Soldier...to his latest votes. It would be different if he had picked a particular system, or systems he thought were not needed, or wasteful, but he has stood against almost everything that gives America battlefield superiority.

Not only is that a problem, when considering the defense of this country, but for folks who have bemoaned the loss of American soldiers, why would y'all support a person's voting record that clearly shows that he doesn't mind seeing American soldiers die, for either his personal disdain, or for just trying to save a dollar?

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#871945 - 06/01/04 10:16 AM Re: "...the threat is flying..."
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
Since when does examination of Kerry's voting record amount being "gullible to the GOP propaganda machine". His record is his record and speaks for itself. I need no prompting from the GOP to see that he consistently votes against defense spending. Self-serving remarks by Republican(?) Senate colleagues notwithstanding.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia!
by Jtreimer
Yesterday at 07:21 PM
Piano tuning career prospects 2014
by Morrisos
Yesterday at 06:56 PM
Who's Online
107 registered (AmateurBob, Alan F, ando, anamnesis, accordeur, 25 invisible), 1261 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158393 Topics
2325895 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission