Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#880649 - 04/14/05 12:16 PM Re: The Crusaders
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
 Quote:
Originally posted by gryphon:
yhapbo's posts are insensitive. [/b]
HAHAHAHA! \:D Now THAT'S funny!!!! Actually, this whole thread is pretty funny. [Sputter, sputter. Dang commies, postin' from that there subversive degenerate sm~t rag]

I personally like YP's posts. They *are* provocative (but not in a base way)and they do get people thinking. It's also quite amusing to watch Larry react to them. ;\)

I don't think YP has even ever stooped to calling Larry a name (no small feat, as I can attest having been on Larry's bash list since my earliest postings here).

Piano & Music Accessories
#880650 - 04/14/05 12:21 PM Re: The Crusaders
Renauda Offline
5000 Post Club Member

As I wrote in March yhabpo = Y[/b]oung H[/b]umiliated A[/b]nd B[/b]itter P[/b]olitical O[/b]utcast

That yhabpo is from another culture is irrelevant. What is relevant is the extent to which yhabpo outwardly appears to despise open democracy along with the culture and values of the country in which yhabpo resides.

Yelstin had his own yhabpo when he was President of Russia. That yhabpo was called Vladimir Zhirinovsky. Rather than persecuting Zhirinovsky, Yeltsin made certain that Vlad got lot's of press and TV media coverage. As a result Zhirinovsky's mass appeal dropped from over 35% in 1994 to a mere 7% by 1996. It stays pretty much between 5% - 7% to this day.

#880651 - 04/14/05 12:22 PM Re: The Crusaders
Mr. E Offline

Can we vote him off the "island" Survivor-style?

#880652 - 04/14/05 12:26 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jolly Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
A. Yabbadabbadoo is a troll. I doubt he hails from a different culture. He just enjoys yanking chains.

B. He most definitely is a waste of bandwidth.

C. Quirt, I think I'm fixin' to get one of us thrown outta here, 'cuz I've 'bout had enough. If you'd like to jab everytime someone appears, perhaps what is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

I think I've worked up a good enough mad, and you are a worthy opponent.

Shall the games begin?

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#880653 - 04/14/05 12:27 PM Re: The Crusaders
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
 Quote:
Originally posted by justme:
Ken, you're a better person than I am. As you know I try to see good in everyone. But, this guy seems to ask for it. [/b]
He represents a distinct minority of participants on this board. He says (and I'd like to believe) that he is from a different culture.

I love when people agree with me on things - but I can learn from when people disagree.

I've told Yhabpo that I thought that sometimes he did his viewpoint a disservice by offending people - but I don't think is conduct is unique.

K

#880654 - 04/14/05 12:31 PM Re: The Crusaders
Eusebius Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
I'm sympathetic toward yhapbo, but I'd like to see him defend himself. (i.e. not just sit back and watch the arguments centered around him.)

#880655 - 04/14/05 12:39 PM Re: The Crusaders
Nina Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Jeez, I'm surprised. We don't like yhapbo. We think he doesn't "defend" himself. He posts stuff that bug us.

LET'S GET HIM!!!

Lord of the flies, here we come.

Grow up, people! This is an internet forum, not your own personal Fight Night.

I'm equally surprised and disappointed that some of the moderators think that cheering on the "get him" mentality is appropriate.

#880656 - 04/14/05 12:39 PM Re: The Crusaders
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
I think he's probably a troll, too, just because there have been too many inconsistencies in the few personal snippets he has shared about himself and the innuendo one would naturally read into the nature of his posts. I wish he were real, and would let us know more about himself. I wish we had someone on this board who was *really* from an Islamic country. We had Wacky for awhile, but during his brief foray he wasn't political. I hope he reappears. We had another mideast quy, briefly (anyone remember his name?), who I'm guessing was also a troll, and wasn't nearly as provocative as YP. And, now YP, who seems to be very keen on the goings on in Iraq, and has used the term infidel here, and decries feminism and women's suffrage, claimed to be resident of Canada and a mideast country but who denies being Muslim.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he took on his ascerbic quality here until he had been repeatedly attacked personally for the political content of his posts.

#880657 - 04/14/05 12:43 PM Re: The Crusaders
KlavierBauer Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
I wouldn't say that I'm personally sympathetic (I don't think sympathy is the right word, as he hasn't incurred anything unjustly... I'm sympathetic of Toby the Rabbit).

But I agree with Ken that Yhabpo should be able to post pretty much what it wants to... I fell most people should be afforded that.

I too (while I might not act like it) think more can be learned from other people and other cultures. And yes, some here are too quick to fly off the handle sometimes.

I don't want censorship or banning.
But in return I'd like posting with thought.
We can all copy/paste article after article, but that gets boring after awhile.
I don't feel like I know what yhabpo really thinks, I just feel like he posts jabs at things he doesn't like.

Tell me what you do like, let's discourse. Let's learn from each other...
I'm game if you are.

#880658 - 04/14/05 12:44 PM Re: The Crusaders
Eusebius Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Jeez, I'm surprised. We don't like yhapbo. We think he doesn't "defend" himself. He posts stuff that bug us.

LET'S GET HIM!!!

Lord of the flies, here we come.

Grow up, people! This is an internet forum, not your own personal Fight Night.

I'm equally surprised and disappointed that some of the moderators think that cheering on the "get him" mentality is appropriate. [/b]
I'm not at all bothered by what he posts (in fact, I've found many of the articles very intriguing), and I certainly don't wan't to "get him" lord of the flies-style. Still, I want to see him defend himself, post more--give us reason to believe he's not a troll.

#880659 - 04/14/05 01:04 PM Re: The Crusaders
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
 Quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

I'm equally surprised and disappointed that some of the moderators think that cheering on the "get him" mentality is appropriate. [/b]
you know what - that is not fair. I am still me.

If it is, than I quit... moderate your own dam forum

love and peace, Ă•un (apple in Estonian)

#880660 - 04/14/05 01:11 PM Re: The Crusaders
yhabpo Offline

I do not feel threatened. There is no need for me to defend myself.

What I feel is disgust. You sick monsters have caused me enough grief through your government’s atrocities. I dare try to shine a ray of truth upon the squabbling mass and they react to it as a minor irritation, going about in their blank activities.

I was foolish to think that the American people were not evil. I wished that they were, too, the victim of their administration. This forum has proved the opposite. The people living within are murderous and hateful, their abhorrence equalling or even surpassing their tax-funded soldiers. Some Americans claim to agree with me, yet they still pay taxes, making them a hypocrite.

Anyhow, I will continue my probably futile attempt to convince some of patrons here. Some people here have proven to be a pleasant surprise.

#880661 - 04/14/05 01:12 PM Re: The Crusaders
bcarey Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
 Quote:
"This movement is no more about following the example of Christ than Bush's Clean Water Act is about clean water."
Amen!

These people are genuine bona fide loonies. They want to eliminate secularism from the US government, destroy all governmental programs like social security, medicare, and medicaid, repeal Roe vs. Wade, force schools to teach their brand of religion, and stack the courts with their likes. Of course, then they won't be called activist judges because they will act at their bidding. ;\)

IMHO, they are extremely dangerous. Funny thing is, I don't think most Americans realize just how dangerous.

#880662 - 04/14/05 01:19 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Englewood, FL
 Quote:
Originally posted by yhabpo:

I was foolish to think that the American people were not evil. I wished that they were, too, the victim of their administration. This forum has proved the opposite. The people living within are murderous and hateful, their abhorrence equalling or even surpassing their tax-funded soldiers. Some Americans claim to agree with me, yet they still pay taxes, making them a hypocrite.
[/b]
Nope. Can't find any good here. Tried. Looked real hard, too. Yep, we're real *evil* for wanting to go after this sicko.

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/

#880663 - 04/14/05 01:21 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Apple*, please, stay with it.

#880664 - 04/14/05 01:25 PM Re: The Crusaders
ycul Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: U.K.
 Quote:
Originally posted by apple*:
 Quote:
Larry, I used to get quite upset over yahbdoodoo posts. Not anymore. Personally, I think the guy's an idiot. But, then he probably thinks I'm... well... who knows or cares what he/she thinks about me. I'm sure the thoughts aren't pleasant but then he/she probably thinks they're so superior to me they don't have time for thoughts of me.

Anyhow, as much as I have a hard time sometimes with your sometimes brutal posts I *thoroughly* enjoy when you get brutal with yhabdoodoo. Unless it's unhealthy for you I say GO FOR IT!!! This guy's fair game. [/b]
You're most brilliant post ever Justme... Way to go. [/b]
With all due respect apple, this doesn't imply an ability to be able to put your personal feelings to one side - a pre-requisite for the job of moderator.

I hope I'm wrong and I'm willing to be corrected.

I enjoy Yhabpo's posts and the responses to them.
Please let's not have a repeat of the Wacky - is he or isn't he a troll? - type of hysteria we had a few months back.

#880665 - 04/14/05 01:31 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ycul:

Please let's not have a repeat of the Wacky - is he or isn't he a troll? - type of hysteria we had a few months back. [/b]
lucy, if I remember correctly Wacky wasn't trying to be deliberately inciteful. This guy is. See above post. I don't think anyone should be banned. Sockpuppets and trolls can be ignored. This guy clearly means to offend people. Some of us feel we should have the right to fight back and clearly Larry is our best weapon.

#880666 - 04/14/05 01:33 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jolly Offline

Quote:
I do not feel threatened. There is no need for me to defend myself.

What I feel is disgust. You sick monsters have caused me enough grief through your government’s atrocities. I dare try to shine a ray of truth upon the squabbling mass and they react to it as a minor irritation, going about in their blank activities.

Anyhow, I will continue my probably futile attempt to convince some of patrons here. Some people here have proven to be a pleasant surprise. [/b]
Save a SUV, shoot an Arab.

Ya know, I could get into this "monster" stuff.....

#880667 - 04/14/05 01:36 PM Re: The Crusaders
Eusebius Offline
500 Post Club Member

Careful Jolly...RZ may be keeping a tally of those allusions to violence. ;\)

#880668 - 04/14/05 01:39 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jolly Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Eusebius:
Careful Jolly...RZ may be keeping a tally on those allusions to violence. ;\) [/b]
It's actually a play off of a country music song title, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy", but that one didn't quite fit here.....

#880669 - 04/14/05 01:42 PM Re: The Crusaders
ycul Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: U.K.
 Quote:
 Quote:
Originally posted by ycul:

Please let's not have a repeat of the Wacky - is he or isn't he a troll? - type of hysteria we had a few months back. [/b]
lucy, if I remember correctly Wacky wasn't trying to be deliberately inciteful. This guy is. See above post. I don't think anyone should be banned. Sockpuppets and trolls can be ignored. This guy clearly means to offend people. Some of us feel we should have the right to fight back and clearly Larry is our best weapon. [/b]
Peggy, I think Wacky *was* trying to be inciteful but probably not using quite the same technique as Yhab.
I like his posts and find they illuminate many issues for me either through his opinions, his sources or - and probably most importantly - the counter-arguments he provokes from posters of the opposite political persuasion. *That's* why I think he's an important poster to have around.
I can ignore his bile. That's *his* problem. \:\)

#880670 - 04/14/05 01:43 PM Re: The Crusaders
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
 Quote:

[/b]
Nope. Can't find any good here. Tried. Looked real hard, too. Yep, we're real *evil* for wanting to go after this sicko. [/b]
How long did it take for inhabitants of the US South to get over the Civil War? Did the enmity last 10 years? 20? 100? Still?

Can you imagine what enmity would have arisen if a foreign power had directly put troops onto US soil to aid either side? Would there be more or less enmity towards that government?

Europe, the UN and the US - all have toyed with the Middle East - carved it up, imposed or dethroned local governments.

Is the expectation that there will be no enmity in return? Everyone meant well in the civil war as well. (Heck, I still think the South had a more compelling and more righteous case - that state's and their inhabitants should have a fair amount of self-determination.)

It would seem that we have higher expectations of others than we do of ourselves.

All Yhapbo is saying is that there are plenty of apologists for this administration on these forums. If he sees our government as pursuing "evil" purposes, then these apologists are supportive of that "evil." One doesn't have to agree to understand his point.

You and I have supported the notion that people should tolerate (welcome) Larry's gruff style. Why should it be different for Yhapbo?

K

#880671 - 04/14/05 01:46 PM Re: The Crusaders
Dwain Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
To the point of the original article:

There isn't a politically active person anywhere in this country, of any philosophical viewpoint, that isn't actively trying to "remake America in their own image." Frankly, that's the point of all political activity. What puzzles me about the situation being written about isn't that Christians are trying to shape the country in a way that they want. What is far more puzzling, and troubling, to me is the hypocrisy shown by people who think that that's wrong, or that it's any different from what they themselves are actively trying to do.

#880672 - 04/14/05 01:46 PM Re: The Crusaders
big al Offline

Loc: Mars, PA
Apparently, the Rolling Stone article that started this fight got very much under some peoples skin. Re-reading it made me wonder why. Do they not want us to consider the possibility that the United States could become a larger version of the Massachusetts colony as governed by the Puritans. If the separation of church and state that has existed in this country since its founding is breached, where do those who disagree with the majority go? There's no Rhode Island or Pennsylvania readily available to flee the tyranny.

Big Al

#880673 - 04/14/05 01:55 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
You and I have supported the notion that people should tolerate (welcome) Larry's gruff style. Why should it be different for Yhapbo?

K [/b]
Ken, I find it very hard to appreciate anything about Yhapbo. I have tolerated Yhapbo and have said I would not like to see him banned. He has a perfect right to say what he would like. My post to Larry was to infer that. I have a difficult time arguing with Yhapbo simply because not only doesn't he take me seriously, he has absolutely no respect for me. He has illustrated that in the past. He considers me and my ilk as mere nothings. Therefore, I welcome Larry to go after him. I can't fight him but Larry can. He understands Larry and for some sick reason prefers that form of argument. He seems to actually welcome it.

I have friends who are Middle-Eastern. My animosity toward Yhapbo is not racially motivated, at all. I almost married an Iranian back in the late 70s when an inter-racial marriage would not have been at all welcomed. His family's problem not mine. Please, do not think that this is a racist issue on my part. I would love to find a solution in the Middle-East. But, when people like myself are called *evil* I don't see it happening anytime soon.

#880674 - 04/14/05 02:05 PM Re: The Crusaders
KlavierBauer Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
I have many close arab friends (I've even learned to uvulate!).
I don't know any of them who voluntarily came to this country and speak the way yhabpo does. His opinion is accepted, and tolerated. But that does not mean that it hold equal value to every other opinion. Sorry, I'm no Egalitarian.

Has Yhabpo told us who and where he is yet? Is he middle-eastern? Persian? Arab? What? Who?

He seems to be here obviously to cause strife.
Fine.
But let's call it what it is.

It isn't insightful or provocative...
He[/b] may be, but we haven't seen him yet. The articles he copy/pastes are not for the most part.
It's fine that he doesn't reveal anything about himself personally... but then how can you expect to be taken seriously?
You can't expect to be a "regular poster" who is "taken seriously" and even considered "provocative" if you never let anybody know who you are.

#880675 - 04/14/05 02:16 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jolly Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by big al:
Apparently, the Rolling Stone article that started this fight got very much under some peoples skin. Re-reading it made me wonder why. Do they not want us to consider the possibility that the United States could become a larger version of the Massachusetts colony as governed by the Puritans. If the separation of church and state that has existed in this country since its founding is breached, where do those who disagree with the majority go? There's no Rhode Island or Pennsylvania readily available to flee the tyranny.

Big Al [/b]
DING! DING! DING!

Wrong, at least in some aspects.

The early history of this country is ignored by many, but church services were routinely held in the same building that Congress met in. Nobody found anything wrong with it at the time. And Jefferson was more than happy to prop his feet up, and listen to the sermon.

The Constitution gives us freedom of, not freedom from, religion. It is inconceivable that people's belief systems do not dictate their personal, and moral behavior.

We currently have many secular humanists trying to implement their vision of the world, as the law of the land. Why is it allowable for them to do so, and verbotten for the conservative Christian?

Politics is politics. If I can muster the votes, and stay within the bounds of the Constitution, look out folks, 'cuz here I come...

#880676 - 04/14/05 02:20 PM Re: The Crusaders
yhabpo Offline

Quote:
I have a difficult time arguing with Yhapbo simply because not only doesn't he take me seriously, he has absolutely no respect for me. He has illustrated that in the past.
You are confused, and have exaggerated my words. I merely stated that males and females are vastly biologically unequal, and that society should optimize the distribution of roles by acknowledging this inequality. I have never said I have no respect for you. There are tasks in which you have an inherit advantage, and the same applies to me.

People have slowly wandered into inefficiency, being subjected to the fake opium that liberty leads to ultimate happiness.

Quote:
Has Yhabpo told us who and where he is yet?
If I was a "fake" I would have told a lie to circumvent the label long ago.

#880677 - 04/14/05 02:28 PM Re: The Crusaders
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]
[qb] He considers me and my ilk as mere nothings. Therefore, I welcome Larry to go after him. I can't fight him but Larry can. He understands Larry and for some sick reason prefers that form of argument. He seems to actually welcome it.

I have friends who are Middle-Eastern. My animosity toward Yhapbo is not racially motivated, at all. I almost married an Iranian back in the late 70s when an inter-racial marriage would not have been at all welcomed. His family's problem not mine. Please, do not think that this is a racist issue on my part. I would love to find a solution in the Middle-East. But, when people like myself are called *evil* I don't see it happening anytime soon. [/b]
I don't think it is racist at all.

I think Yhabpo has trouble being heard because of his passion - and he uses terms of derision - but so what? It may help to dismiss him - just as "winger" or "lefty" cause people to dismiss the person who uses those terms.

A good lesson for us all.

Imagine being taken from your home where you'd just had dinner with those who were closest to you...you were found guilty on trumped up charges, tortured and executed. Could you forgive those who did all of this to you.

Could you love them?

That's the standard for Christians.

For much of the early history of the church people were crucified for no other reason than they dedicated themselves to Christ's teachings. They forgave their persecutors. They appreciated that they were given the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to their Lord.

Now the standard is that if someone calls us a name, we demand retribution - and further want someone else to provide the retribution?

From Christ's standpoint, maybe things were better in the olden days.

Yhabpo's words are but a gentle breeze. Listen, if you will, ignore or try and understand. But to silence seems wrong.

Ken

Edit: I think some of the most horrendous things in history have come about from people not understanding one another. I would hope that in an age in which we can all communicate more easily and directly through the internet - that perhaps that will change...for the better, that is \:\)

#880678 - 04/14/05 02:32 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
You are confused, and have exaggerated my words. I merely stated that males and females are vastly biologically unequal, and that society should optimize the distribution of roles by acknowledging this inequality. I have never said I have no respect for you. There are tasks in which you have an inherit advantage, and the same applies to me.

[/b]
You have never said you have no respect for me but sometimes your actions imply it. Or, maybe, I'm over sensitive. If you say you respect me I'll take your word on it. Do you? I would welcome the opportunity to respect each other. And hope that I have only misinterpreted some of what you are saying.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Thinking of trading up to a baby grand...
by Anne H
24 minutes 58 seconds ago
Piano Lock Key -> what is it used for ?
by angga888
Today at 12:02 AM
Yurmauer Piano
by PhilipInChina
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Books to Learn Notes for Teenagers?
by pianoheart
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Jim Laabs Music - my experience buying a grand sight-unseen
by ernani
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Who's Online
74 registered (AZNpiano, Anne H, alberto, angga888, 0987654321, 17 invisible), 1530 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76712 Members
42 Forums
158629 Topics
2329768 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission