Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
156 registered (accordeur, ajames, allakart, Alan Cyr, acollins, 54 invisible), 1518 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#880679 - 04/14/05 02:39 PM Re: The Crusaders
yhabpo Offline

Because I am unfamiliar with your opinions, I don't wish to rashly claim that I have respect for you. However, I will repeat that I do not discriminate by gender, but only by actions and opinions in conformity with gender.

Piano & Music Accessories
#880680 - 04/14/05 02:44 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Englewood, FL
 Quote:
Originally posted by yhabpo:
Because I am unfamiliar with your opinions, I don't wish to rashly claim that I have respect for you. However, I will repeat that I do not discriminate by gender, but only by actions and opinions in conformity with gender. [/b]
It *seems* women's views are less important to you than men's views. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. That IMHO would be a sign of disrespect.

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/

#880681 - 04/14/05 02:53 PM Re: The Crusaders
Luke's Dad Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Mid Atlantic
 Quote:
You are confused, and have exaggerated my words. I merely stated that males and females are vastly biologically unequal, and that society should optimize the distribution of roles by acknowledging this inequality. [/b]
Like the ability to vote and govern? Please enlighten us as to what roles should be filled by what sex.

#880682 - 04/14/05 02:55 PM Re: The Crusaders
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:

What I feel is disgust. You sick monsters have caused me enough grief through your government’s atrocities. I dare try to shine a ray of truth upon the squabbling mass and they react to it as a minor irritation, going about in their blank activities.

I was foolish to think that the American people were not evil. I wished that they were, too, the victim of their administration. This forum has proved the opposite. The people living within are murderous and hateful, their abhorrence equalling or even surpassing their tax-funded soldiers. Some Americans claim to agree with me, yet they still pay taxes, making them a hypocrite.
[/b]
Let me translate:

"You Yanqui dogs are sons of snakes and the progeny of sheep (and not good looking ones either!) You have been raised by wild dogs and have the souls of flies.

May Allah (who I don't believe in,) smite you and your children into the ground to the tenth generation. May leaches suck on your eye balls and may you get only virgins and no soccer moms when you die!"

Personally, I don't mind Yhabo. When I make a joke about him he stays "joked" rather than try to make some sort of unfunny comeback (as so many Liberals do. \:\( ) I don't mind something funny, but it's gotta hit.

Best of all, he doesn't cry when someone doesn't agree with his goat eye eating lifestyle.

By the way, Whacky was one of the better ones for a good comeback.

#880683 - 04/14/05 02:56 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jolly Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
 Quote:
Imagine being taken from your home where you'd just had dinner with those who were closest to you...you were found guilty on trumped up charges, tortured and executed. Could you forgive those who did all of this to you.

Could you love them?

That's the standard for Christians.
A tourist once asked a cabbie what the standard tip was, here in the big city.

The cabbie replied, "Ten bucks is standard".

When the man handed over the $10, the cabbie shouted with glee!

"What's the matter", asked the anxious tourist. "I gave you the standard tip!"

'No problem", replied the cabbie. "It's just that nobody has ever come up to the standard before"...

With that small insight, perhaps we can explain my "nuke 'em 'till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark" philosophy.

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#880684 - 04/14/05 02:57 PM Re: The Crusaders
Renauda Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]

People have slowly wandered into inefficiency, being subjected to the fake opium that liberty leads to ultimate happiness.

[/b]
That statement tells me that the author does not like or feel comfortable with a society or culture that is directed by and caters to middle class values. The author could subscribe to any number of closed systems ranging anywhere from Maoism to Peronism to Franco style Fascism. I personally think it is more like iconoclasm for the sole purpose of creating indignation in the hall. We should be happy that we live in societies that can withstand having their sacred cows shown the abbatoir now and then.

#880685 - 04/14/05 03:00 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Renauda:
That statement tells me that the author does not like or feel comfortable with a society or culture that is directed by and caters to middle class values. The author could subscribe to any number of closed systems ranging anywhere from Maoism to Peronism to Franco style Fascism. I personally think it is more like iconoclasm for the sole purpose of creating indignation in the hall. We should be happy that we live in societies that can withstand having their sacred cows shown the abbatoir now and then. [/b]
Please, translate, Renauda. Sorry.

#880686 - 04/14/05 03:07 PM Re: The Crusaders
Renauda Offline
5000 Post Club Member

yhabpo likes to poke fun at us.

#880687 - 04/14/05 03:14 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
yhabpo likes to poke fun at us. [/b]
tell me something I don't know!!!

#880688 - 04/14/05 03:14 PM Re: The Crusaders
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
It's about time.

#880689 - 04/14/05 03:14 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

it's about space.

#880690 - 04/14/05 03:16 PM Re: The Crusaders
Renauda Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Its about Quantum chaos!

#880691 - 04/14/05 03:17 PM Re: The Crusaders
QuirtEvans Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: U.S.A.
"If you'd like to jab everytime someone appears, perhaps what is good for the goose, is good for the gander."

Jab away, Jolly. It won't bother me a bit.

"I think I've worked up a good enough mad, and you are a worthy opponent."

I appreciate your calling me a worthy opponent, although I'm not sure that, on further reflection, you'd decide that you meant it.

I'm confident that, if we were to meet in real life, I wouldn't like you, and you wouldn't like me. I have an abhorrence for many of the views you hold, and I'm sure you feel the same way about me. I don't respect how you came to hold those views, and I'm sure you feel the same way about me. I think you're mean-spirited and that your actions on this messageboard don't follow the principles of Jesus that you say are the basis for your moral beliefs, and I'm sure you think something equally vile about me.

Nevertheless, I've never claimed that you were unethical. I don't remember ever accusing you of lying, and I certainly don't think that you're a pathological liar. Although I find them perverse, I do think that you have principles, and that you'd adhere to them, even to your disadvantage.

And that, in my opinion, is what separates you from Larry.

Whether you think so or not, I don't follow Larry around and dispute every post of his. If he says something that I think is true, I either agree, or I leave it alone. However, if he says something I disagree with, I disagree. I may even do so sarcastically. But I've promised myself that I'm not going to resort to name-calling in any particular thread until he throws the first bomb. I do have a fixation about his dishonesty, and I have every intention of continuing to point it out when it happens.

If you've worked up a good enough mad, and you want to chase me around like a terrier nipping at my ankles, be my guest. (Warning: sarcasm approaching!) I'm sure that's what Jesus would have done in similar circumstances.

#880692 - 04/14/05 03:20 PM Re: The Crusaders
Renauda Offline
5000 Post Club Member

May be I should have written Quirtum chaos.

#880693 - 04/14/05 03:24 PM Re: The Crusaders
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
 Quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
"I'm confident that, if we were to meet in real life, I wouldn't like you, and you wouldn't like me. [/b]
I'm not so sure. It's dubious that you 2 would instantly know all of your ideological baggage. Jolly's a quite knowledgeable guy - caring and generous. Under different circumstances, it might take a while before you even ventured into the territory that folks slug one another with every day.

And if you had some mutual respect and understanding before you got into these discussions, they might be a lot less heated - or at least with more gentle jabs than go on when you can't see the person as you push for the electric shock.

No, in another place, you folks might become the best of friends before you knew any better.

K

#880694 - 04/14/05 03:28 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
May be I should have written Quirtum chaos. [/b]
To quote Kenny "indeed".

#880695 - 04/14/05 04:01 PM Re: The Crusaders
QuirtEvans Offline
500 Post Club Member

"No, in another place, you folks might become the best of friends before you knew any better."

Based on what he says about lawyers, that's doubtful. Even if our ideological baggage weren't immediately obvious, you do tend to learn someone's profession fairly early on.

#880696 - 04/14/05 04:04 PM Re: The Crusaders
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

I like Quirt. \:\)

I gave him crap and he gave it back as good (well almost as good, ;\) ) as he got.

I respect that. \:\)

#880697 - 04/14/05 04:08 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
 Quote:
I was foolish to think that the American people were not evil. I wished that they were, too, the victim of their administration. This forum has proved the opposite. The people living within are murderous and hateful, their abhorrence equalling or even surpassing their tax-funded soldiers. Some Americans claim to agree with me, yet they still pay taxes, making them a hypocrite.
[/b]
Wait a minute Yahoo, Americans come in many flavors. You paint your insults with a broad brush. I, like others here, was about to say something supportive.

Forget it.

jf

#880698 - 04/14/05 04:15 PM Re: The Crusaders
mikhailoh Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Four pages on this drivel. Four pages.

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'

#880699 - 04/14/05 04:15 PM Re: The Crusaders
bcarey Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
 Quote:
Originally posted by Jolly:
 Quote:
Imagine being taken from your home where you'd just had dinner with those who were closest to you...you were found guilty on trumped up charges, tortured and executed. Could you forgive those who did all of this to you.

Could you love them?

That's the standard for Christians.
A tourist once asked a cabbie what the standard tip was, here in the big city.

The cabbie replied, "Ten bucks is standard".

When the man handed over the $10, the cabbie shouted with glee!

"What's the matter", asked the anxious tourist. "I gave you the standard tip!"

'No problem", replied the cabbie. "It's just that nobody has ever come up to the standard before"...

With that small insight, perhaps we can explain my "nuke 'em 'till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark" philosophy. [/b]
Sucker! :p "Ownership" society in action. Standard (aka as mediocre, is par for the course. Keep shootin. Maybe, just maybe, the US of A will upgrade its standing in the world from # 7 to #1, contrary to what the right would have us believe. Look at the stats! We are not # 1 in any category. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Hey. Don't get me wrong, this is a great country, with unlimited potential for people who have the will and potential (money, infulence, intellect) to progress beyond their wildest dreams.

But ultimately, the proof is in the pudding. Our's is a bit soupy.

If you want to get right down to the nitty gritty, we are not number one. We are not even close. Not surprising, most Americans don't know trhis.

#880700 - 04/14/05 04:16 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
If you've worked up a good enough mad, and you want to chase me around like a terrier nipping at my ankles, be my guest. (Warning: sarcasm approaching!) I'm sure that's what Jesus would have done in similar circumstances. [/b]
Jolly, that IS exactly something you have done in the past with others at your worst.

jf, who has also seen Jolly at his best.

#880701 - 04/14/05 04:21 PM Re: The Crusaders
Dwain Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I've often wondered why it is that someone is almost invariably at his best when he's agreeing with me...

;\)

#880702 - 04/14/05 06:09 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jeffrey Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
If we are going to ban yby because the stuff he posts is offensive, and he sometimes says ridiculous stuff just to get a reaction, then there are a lot of other people who ought to go first. I say yby stays. And this is from someone yby thinks is a racist psychopath for my views on Israel.

His views are no more offensive than many other long-time posters here, and sometimes he makes good points, or posts interesting articles. Remember, folks, no one forces you to read or respond to his or anyone else's posts. If yby acts like a troll I will ignore him, if he posts on a real topic I want to talk about I will respond. Simple enough.

#880703 - 04/14/05 06:10 PM Re: The Crusaders
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey:

His views are no more offensive than many other long-time posters here, and sometimes he makes good points, or posts interesting articles. Remember, folks, no one forces you to read or respond to his or anyone else's posts. If yby acts like a troll I will ignore him, if he posts on a real topic I want to talk about I will respond. Simple enough. [/b]
I can agree with that.

#880704 - 04/14/05 06:12 PM Re: The Crusaders
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Whoever Yhap is, you gotta admit, the guy is brilliant for getting as much flapdoodle up in this forum as he has done.

#880705 - 04/14/05 06:46 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jolly Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
 Quote:
If you've worked up a good enough mad, and you want to chase me around like a terrier nipping at my ankles, be my guest. (Warning: sarcasm approaching!) I'm sure that's what Jesus would have done in similar circumstances. [/b]
Jolly, that IS exactly something you have done in the past with others at your worst.

jf, who has also seen Jolly at his best. [/b]
Actually, JF, I respect you, in spite of your profession. ;\)

Nah...I've been countin'....that's 4x Dear Squirt has slammed Larry with little, or no provocation, and I find that a bit mean spirited. I actually think Larry's pulling his punches a bit, as compared with previous episodes around here.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that a man should rise above his raising, but I'm about to the point where sQuirt needs a come to Jesus moment.

And if it takes a mite of jabbin' to make him get his head out of his rectal orifice, I hope I remember how to wield a sharp rhetorical stick...

#880706 - 04/15/05 01:55 PM Re: The Crusaders
big al Offline

Loc: Mars, PA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Jolly:

The Constitution gives us freedom of, not freedom from, religion. It is inconceivable that people's belief systems do not dictate their personal, and moral behavior.

We currently have many secular humanists trying to implement their vision of the world, as the law of the land. Why is it allowable for them to do so, and verbotten for the conservative Christian?

Politics is politics. If I can muster the votes, and stay within the bounds of the Constitution, look out folks, 'cuz here I come... [/QB]
Jolly, I vehemently disagree with first statement. The first amendment proscribes the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. This is freedom of for those who wish it and freedom from for those of such persuasion. 200 plus years of judicial examination have set some pretty clear boundaries, but people being the clever, conniving creatures they are, still want to test those boundaries in various directions.

As regards the second statement, it is only forbidden to attempt to implement your vision of the world if it contravenes the law of the land. I think you acknowledge this in the following paragraph. Even the U.S. Constitution is subject to change by amendment.

What I am suggesting is that based on my understanding of history and societies where the church held political sway, I much prefer the situation that has prevailed in this country. I am no lover of big government and I would love big government in the hands of any religion even less. The many statements of intolerance that I hear professed only serve to solidify that opinion.

Big Al

#880707 - 04/15/05 02:48 PM Re: The Crusaders
Jolly Offline

The Founding Fathers did not wish a "Church of America", as the Anglican Church was in England. Therefore, the exclusion clause has nothing to do with protecting you from the influence of religion in politics.

It does give you the right to worship God as you see fit, or to not worship at all.

I'm a fan of Scalia's interpretation of the Constitution, and feel that we have twisted it to our peril.....

#880708 - 04/15/05 04:05 PM Re: The Crusaders
QuirtEvans Offline
500 Post Club Member

"that's 4x Dear Squirt has slammed Larry with little, or no provocation, and I find that a bit mean spirited."

I don't believe that's true. But if you do, show me the four posts where I "slammed" him, and I'll try to show you the provocation.

"I actually think Larry's pulling his punches a bit, as compared with previous episodes around here."

Over the past couple of days, that's certainly been the case. However, Larry's history is similar to that of Krakatoa; periods of quiet punctuated by large-scale eruptions.

I hope you don't find that to be "slamming" Larry, because I think that's just his posting history, and those eruptions could be viewed positively or negatively, depending on your point of view.

"I'm about to the point where sQuirt needs a come to Jesus moment."

As I've said before, if you've got your mad on, and it will make you feel better, go for it. I'm not that worried, and I'm not that sensitive. Whether I come to Jesus is between me and Jesus, and ultimately has nothing to do with you.

"The Founding Fathers did not wish a "Church of America", as the Anglican Church was in England. Therefore, the exclusion clause has nothing to do with protecting you from the influence of religion in politics."

I disagree with this one, too. This country was founded by people who refused to follow religious orthodoxy, and were chased from England because of it. It seems absurd that they would want to replace a version of religious orthodoxy that they found unliveable with a somewhat broader, but equally noxious, form of religious orthodoxy.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
You must remember this...
by pianoloverus
11/24/14 11:00 AM
Best way to learn Czerny
by Medden
11/24/14 10:47 AM
Setting up the room
by cullam
11/24/14 10:18 AM
Saint-Saens 2nd concerto - best edition (fingering)?
by Barly
11/24/14 07:09 AM
Music reading apps for iPad that use mic
by Artur Gajewski
11/24/14 03:02 AM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159313 Topics
2340250 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission