Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
124 registered (Anita Potter, 36251, accordeur, ando, 34 invisible), 1552 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#889707 - 12/10/04 07:17 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
When choosing tropical fish, I recommend that you find fish that are hardy and require little maintenance.

Many find that keeping a plant and a snail help to control the chemical balance in the aquarium.

Jeffrey - it seems like forever since I've seen those baby pictures..

Dan - you don't really think the Steelers have a chance?

Ken

Piano & Music Accessories
#889708 - 12/10/04 07:19 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
Lucy, why don't you start yet another war while you're at it. [/b]
She's a fiesty one at that.

And Larry, sorry I got on your case last night. You really ended up doing the noble thing and I'm proud of you for it.

Tom

#889709 - 12/10/04 07:19 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Dan Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh the Steelers could do it. But the Pats and Philly will be tough. AND, that rookie QB's gotta keep his cool which so far he's done a GREAT job of doing.

#889710 - 12/10/04 07:24 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

The Bears finally seem to have the quarterback situation under control - at least for one game. Until now, we were lobbying for the NFL to change the rules so that only the Bear's defense would play.

We were thinking that if the other team didn't score, the Bears should get 3 points. It would have made the games interesting for us.

Have you ever had tropical fish?

#889711 - 12/10/04 07:31 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
 Quote:
Originally posted by Jolly:
An open statement to Cindi and Jack,

Quit being jasshonkeys. Or lawyers. Try being human.

Kudos to pique for stepping up to the plate.

Kudos to Larry for stepping up to the plate.

Boos to both counselors for acting like the worst ambulance chasin', win-at-any-cost stereotype I can think of. Because in your quest to win, you are losing.

The best thing to do when you are drowning, is quit fighting the water. [/b]
Jolly, Larry stepped up to the plate only after being hounded by the ambulance chasers. I will note that you didn't comment on Larry's wholesale editing of past posts....

In any event, I am satisfied and done....

jf

#889712 - 12/10/04 07:34 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Cindysphinx Offline

Loc: Washington D.C. Metro
Jolly:

Quote:
An open statement to Cindi and Jack,

Quit being jasshonkeys. Or lawyers. Try being human.

[snip]

Boos to both counselors for acting like the worst ambulance chasin', win-at-any-cost stereotype I can think of.
Mmmm, we're pretty deep into this thread, so maybe I can quickly address this little problem with Jolly without distracting too many people. It's long overdue, so here I go. . . .

Jolly, after listening to your endless snide comments about lawyers, maybe I'll go ahead and give you a little something to chew on.

Yep, I'm a lawyer. I've been a lawyer since 1986. I come from a family with pretty humble roots, actually. My dad was an enlisted guy in the air force; mom worked as a cleaning woman in the south and did a variety of other forgettable jobs after that. Being African American, this was all that was open to them. Both graduated from segregated rural high schools with only the most basic academic skills. They didn't attend college. Nevertheless, they were reasonably savvy and made good decisions and had a bit of luck, too. They've done OK for themselves.

There I was in the southwest in public high school in the late 1970s. I had good grades, could write a bit, but didn't like science enough to go to medical school. So after college, I figured I'd go to law school. I got on an airplane and flew all the way across the country and became the third person in my entire huge extended family to attend graduate school.

I graduated from law school with a few feathers in my cap, worked for a federal judge, worked for a big law firm and did about as well as you can do there before I left to raise my kids. I had interesting clients and interesting commercial litigation cases, although none of my cases mattered much to anyone but the parties. It was fun.

This is a long way of saying that I am quite proud of my 18-year legal career. I've nothing to be ashamed of. I took on a tremendous amount of debt to go to law school, and I was always competing with people who had been groomed with the finest prep school educations money could buy. And still I was somehow able to keep up. I would have expected a conservative person such as yourself to admire that sort of thing just a teensy bit -- you know, having the guts to venture into worlds that were utterly foreign to me, taking risks when there were no guarantees.

But no. Since the instant you learned I was a lawyer, you've heaped scorn on me. You pepper your remarks here with biting little digs about lawyers.

I don't much care, really, as I think it makes you look rather petty and small. But I think if you want to keep that up, you ought to have a much clearer idea about the person at whom you are lobbing these little unnecessary and wholly ineffective stinkbombs.

It's unbecoming, Jolly. Not to me. To you.

As for me, my parents are alive and well and tremendously proud of me. Which makes it all worth it, regardless of what you might choose to think.

Cindy -- whose dad will rip a person's throat out if they make a nasty remark about his two lawyer-daughters

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...QvjrL_blog.html

#889713 - 12/10/04 07:41 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Hay Cindy,

Happy you have a nice career.

It's about time you posted you picture so we can see what you look like.

I posted mine a while ago. \:D

#889714 - 12/10/04 07:44 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I currently am the exec of 3000 attorneys - and in a past life was the Membership Director for the American Bar Association...

Aren't fish more interesting???

#889715 - 12/10/04 07:44 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Larry Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Deep in Cherokee Country
Jolly, Larry stepped up to the plate only after being hounded by the ambulance chasers. [/b]

Just to clear this one up in your mind Jack, being hounded by ambulance chasers didn't have a thing to do with it. I don't back down from *anyone* if I don't want to, lawyer or not. Whatever I did was done because I value the rest of the people here, and was tired of seeing them have to be involved. But don't ever get the idea that you being a lawyer had anything to do with it. That doesn't intimidate me in the slightest.

#889716 - 12/10/04 07:46 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
JBryan Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oklahoma City
Cindy,

You have nothing to be ashamed of and your parents should be very proud. You are truly someone whom conservatives (or anyone) should admire.

#889717 - 12/10/04 07:51 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Tom--K Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Jolly, Larry stepped up to the plate only after being hounded by the ambulance chasers.

jf [/b]
Not that anyone besides for the lawyers really cared why he did it--we're just glad that he did.

Now, when is your wife going to step up to the plate? Do you think so need to be hounded a little? \:\)

#889718 - 12/10/04 07:52 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
Jolly, Larry stepped up to the plate only after being hounded by the ambulance chasers. [/b]

Just to clear this one up in your mind Jack, being hounded by ambulance chasers didn't have a thing to do with it. I don't back down from *anyone* if I don't want to, lawyer or not. Whatever I did was done because I value the rest of the people here, and was tired of seeing them have to be involved. But don't ever get the idea that you being a lawyer had anything to do with it. That doesn't intimidate me in the slightest. [/b]
Larry, I never said you backed down. I said you stepped up to the plate.

jf

#889719 - 12/10/04 07:57 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Jack Frost Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom--K:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Jolly, Larry stepped up to the plate only after being hounded by the ambulance chasers.

jf [/b]
Not that anyone besides for the lawyers really cared why he did it--we're just glad that he did.

Now, when is your wife going to step up to the plate? Do you think so need to be hounded a little? \:\) [/b]
Tom, I can't speak for her. Now that Larry has deleted all of his editied posts kathy can choose to do the same. That is all I was concerned about--fairness. I have no idea whether she will or not.

jf

#889720 - 12/10/04 08:20 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Jolly Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
 Quote:
Cindy -- whose dad will rip a person's throat out if they make a nasty remark about his two lawyer-daughters
Jolly - who never met a man he was scared of, and could probably eat your Dad for breakfast.

Now, counselor, let me say a few things about lawyers...

They are a necessary evil. For the most part, and for most of the profession, they contribute very little to the betterment of humankind, at least in my perspective. They are locusts in the field of human endeavor.

What does a lawyer build? Who does he help?

The answers to those two questions are society, and the oppressed. The problem with too many in the legal profession today, is that they have forgotten what they are supposed to be doing. They have concentrated on making huge salaries at the expense of both society, and the down-trodden.

And in the process they have cheapened themselves, and their profession. They have transformed that which is right, into that which is legal, and they know not the difference between the two.

They have taken human frailty, and cast upon it the expectations of the perfect, and the divine. They have taken those who have given their utmost to help, and they have broken their backs against the rocks of indifference.

Not because it is right counselor, but because it is legal.

And because there is a dollar in it.

I applaud your parent's sacrifice. Yet, your parents are not the only ones who worked their butts off to make a better life for their children. I've heard Kathy talk about her welfare days, and I hear you talk about how hard your parents worked.

Both of you had more money to attend school, than I ever would have dreamed of. My mom didn't finish high school. Dad did, and after a stint in the Army, started out selling shoes at JC Penney's where he met my mom. Mom went to school at night, and finally became a bookeeper. Dad went to work on the parts counter for the local Buick dealer, and cut pulpwood in the evenings, and on the week ends to try to make ends meet.

To make it through college, I worked saw mills, hauled hay, built fence, worked in a paper mill, and worked for a natural gas transmision company. If you needed a grunt in a hole, working until he couldn't stagger, I was your man, babe. I've come home so dirty, and so tired, I didn't have the energy to take a bath, so I'd set the alarm for 4AM, and sleep on the floor. Then I'd get up, take a bath, and head to Comparative Anatomy, or Organic Chemsistry class.

So yes, ma'am, other folks didn't have it easy. And I bet the same could be said for a lot of other folks on this board. So quit your whining, and put a sock in it.

Now back to this thread....

I said y'all were acting like lawyers, and I meant it. Hired sharks, willing to gnaw until capitulation - on your terms. It has become increasingly evident, lady, that apparently your terms cannot be met.

Well, ma'am, you've got the same clothes to get glad in, that you got mad in. And frankly, Scarlet, after the last few weeks, and your unceasing attempts to remake this board in your desired image, I'm about to the point that I don't give a ...durn.

And tell your Daddy I said "Hi".

Over 1,000,000 posts where pianists discuss everything. And nothing.

#889721 - 12/10/04 08:27 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

What me worry???

#889722 - 12/10/04 08:29 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Jolly Offline

I'm still waiting for the baby pictures.

Beats the sugar out of the fishies....

#889723 - 12/10/04 08:37 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Englewood, FL
 Quote:
I'm still waiting for the baby pictures.

Beats the sugar out of the fishies.... [/b]
:D \:D \:D

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/

#889724 - 12/10/04 10:42 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Eldon Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
JOLLY....
You are one incredibly RUDE P.O.S.
And yeah, I did just attack you, and I'm NOT apologizing for it!

#889725 - 12/10/04 10:46 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Jolly Offline

Yep, can be.

Thought I was pretty truthful, at the same time.

No apology anticipated.

Have a nice day, Eldon. \:\)

#889726 - 12/10/04 10:48 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

BTW...Jeffrey, Dan...really could have used some help today...I'm giving you guys the weekend...

AND the rest of you...be warned...lots of tropical fish information is on your way...

K

#889727 - 12/10/04 10:50 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
justme Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Englewood, FL
\:D \:D \:D

http://toosad4words.blogspot.com/

#889728 - 12/10/04 11:27 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Wacky Iraqi Offline

Loc: England
 Quote:
 Quote:
Jolly - who never met a man he was scared of, and could probably eat your Dad for breakfast.

Now, counselor, let me say a few things about lawyers...

They are locusts in the field of human endeavor.
(You seem to belive that locusts don't deserve to share the earths resourses?)

What does a lawyer build? Who does he help?
(He! or even *she* Jolly, or may be you believe that women don't deserve to share the employment resourses?)

They have concentrated on making huge salaries at the expense of both society, and the down-trodden.
(Here, here Jolly, a left wing redistribution of wealth is coming and i can see you at the front of the Liberation march against the evil republican oppressors)

worked for a natural gas transmision company.
(Hot air is his forte Cindy, GET DOWN) I've come home so dirty, and so tired, I didn't have the energy to take a bath, so I'd set the alarm for 4AM, and sleep on the floor. Then I'd get up, take a bath, and head to Comparative Anatomy, or Organic Chemsistry class.

(yeh, Cindy, so unless you've ever got up two hours before going to bed, licked the the road clean with your grazed tongue with only a bag of gravel for lunch and a public hanging for entertainment after a fatal beating every evening at 4.30 for a year, i suggest you eat some humble pie. (might wash down the gravel)

And tell your Daddy I said "Hi". [/b]

#889729 - 12/10/04 11:39 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Jolly Offline

WI,

You need some work for the quote function.

Keep tryin' though. \:\)

But if you are going to quote me, (and I do say enough provocative stuff to do so), please stick to what I write....

#889730 - 12/10/04 11:41 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Wacky Iraqi Offline

Quote:
WI,

But if you are going to quote me, (and I do say enough provocative stuff to do so), please stick to what I write.... [/b]
Yeh, i don't get it at all yet, but you get the joke huh? ;\)

#889731 - 12/10/04 11:44 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Wacky Iraqi Offline

Quote:
WI,

But if you are going to quote me, (and I do say enough provocative stuff to do so), please stick to what I write.... [/b]
I did stick to the things that you wrote by the way, i just used them out of context.I demand to see my lawyer!

#889732 - 12/10/04 11:46 AM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Jolly Offline

Yep.

I just have to redial my sense of humor...with American humor I can just react...with the Brit version, I have to think...and it is Friday...

Ya know, I think I'm going to like you...(in a huntin' and fishin' kinda way). \:D

#889733 - 12/10/04 02:58 PM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Wacky Iraqi Offline

Quote:
Yep.

I just have to redial my sense of humor...with American humor I can just react...with the Brit version, I have to think...and it is Friday...

Ya know, I think I'm going to like you...(in a huntin' and fishin' kinda way). \:D [/b]
Oh Jolly don't say that. In England hunting and fishing is a euphemism for a gay man that likes straight men.....You know *hunting*.....aaaand.......*fishing*. You figure it out. ;\)

#889734 - 12/10/04 03:03 PM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
jodi Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Evergreen State (WA)
You guys are making me laugh.

\:D \:D \:D

#889735 - 12/10/04 03:07 PM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
jazzyd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: United Kingdom
 Quote:
Originally posted by Wacky Iraqi:
 Quote:
[QUOTE] ...got up two hours before going to bed, licked the the road clean with your grazed tongue with only a bag of gravel for lunch and a public hanging for entertainment after a fatal beating every evening at 4.30 for a year, i suggest you eat some humble pie. (might wash down the gravel)[/b]
[/b]
Classic sketch.

David

#889736 - 12/10/04 03:10 PM Re: Who to cheer and who to fear?
Wacky Iraqi Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
You guys are making me laugh.

\:D \:D \:D [/b]
Well it makes the world go round.......................oh hold on that's money, stop making fun jodi and start making a fortune, then you can afford have the wrinkles on your nose removed from all that darn smilin you used to do. ;\)

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >

What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
is my piano tunable
by d3c0
12/22/14 05:45 PM
SSHD running VST
by daz100
12/22/14 05:01 PM
do you recommend further service?
by ShannonG
12/22/14 04:34 PM
Is this now real enough?
by Philip_Johnston
12/22/14 04:21 PM
Quick question
by Phil Greenough
12/22/14 03:51 PM
Forum Stats
77398 Members
42 Forums
160066 Topics
2350626 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission