2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Betty Patnude:
I'm so very sorry I couldn't attend the event with Pique and others last night, I really suffered about my decision because my heart was with you in Seattle.

Can those who attended give some postings, and share with us? And were there any photos?

Betty
I have one of the two of us. Pique gave me permission to post it so I'll get that uploaded to my photo bucket account soon.

For off-topic discussion, please feel free to visit www.coffee-room.com
Originally posted by Betty Patnude:

Can those who attended give some postings, and share with us?

Betty
It was a great evening. Perry is a wonderful writer, and it was fun to listen to her selections from the book. I am looking forward to reading the book.
The Classical Grands in Ballard has a very intimate atmosphere, perfect for this kind of gathering. Stephen and Almudena are great hosts. The music was great, the food was great, and the crowd was very appreciative. As always, after the <official> recital, there was an unofficial, impromptu recital when one could listen to four different piano players at the same time. It was fun to see so many piano enthusiasts get a chance to visit with each other and share their love of piano music.

5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
greetings from san rafael! i do not have a computer with me but i'm allowed a few moments on the innkeeper's computer to let you know about a couple of media events happening today:

Friday, April 18th, from 12:40 to 1:00 pm PDT:
KRCB, 90.9 and 91.1 FM, Sonoma County Public Radio, Santa Rosa, Ca. Perri will talk with pianist and host Charles Sepos on his program Curtain Call. Listen to the show via streaming audio at KRCB Public Radio.

Friday, April 18th, from 3:00 to 4:00 PDT:
KOMO-TV, Channel 4, Washington state. Perri talks about GRAND OBSESSION with hosts Natasha Curry and Kent Phillips on Northwest Afternoon. Check your local listings.

i hope this isn't reaching you too late to tune in. i'm on the run and will reply to your posts when i'm home next week. thank you all for your kind words, i'm so glad you are enjoying the book.

and yes, the evening at classical grands was glorious. people seemed to be truly engaged with each other, the pianos, and enjoying themselves. nothing better than a good piano party! smile

don't forget, amazon.com is still accepting five-star reviews! wink

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

Grand Obsession: A Piano Odyssey
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
oops, the links to the station in sonoma county didn't come with the cut/paste from my website.

to get the links, go to my website's "news and events" page and scroll down to "radio and television."

see ya! smile

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Perri and me at Classical Grands. As you can see, I went to the event straight from work.

[Linked Image]

For off-topic discussion, please feel free to visit www.coffee-room.com
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
I'm going to watch this show today!

Friday, April 18th, from 3:00 to 4:00 PDT:
KOMO-TV, Channel 4, Washington state. Perri talks about GRAND OBSESSION with hosts Natasha Curry and Kent Phillips on Northwest Afternoon."

Betty

B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
I did spend 3-4PM in front of the tv watching KOMO-TV and disappointedly there was no Perri Knize on today's show. Is it scheduled for another time?

Great photo Jgoo and Perri, smiles back at you!

Betty

5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
hi, betty,
i'm sorry i have no idea what happened. my publicist checked the komo-tv site and they listed my segment as appearing that afternoon. i will soon be getting the segnment as a DVD and will see about posting it on youtube.

we had a great time both in seattle and in san rafael. i will have some pics of my own to post soon.

next up: i'm going to be on "soundcheck" with john schaefer on wnyc on may 8, see wnyc.org.

then on saturday, may 10, i'll be reading and signing books at the monthly meeting of the amateur classical musician's association of nyc. everyone at pw is encouraged to attend. alberto, who started the group, would love to extend membership to everyone here. it's free, and they have monthly opportunities to play before an audience and work on that stage fright! wink

visit his site at: www.nycclassical.com to learn more.

and i'm privileged to attend the fifth annual m&h tour with all of you on may 12th, and sign books at larry buck's shop that evening. see the links in the "what's hot" box to the right on this page.

smile

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
here's my attempt at an e-card for the upcoming acma event:

[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/piqueink/ACMAECARD-1.jpg?t=1209517244[/img]

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
next up: a major piano party, reading, book signing, and concert in litchfield, SC on june 3.

read all about it on the news and events page at www.grandobsession.com

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Perri,

A Piano Forum participant, Shari, posted a note on the Tech Forum asking if any of the techs knew where she could buy or borrow an action model for a school class presentation. Turns out she lives not far from me, and I told her I could drop them off at her place. We agreed on a time, I delivered, and she kept them for several months while preparing and using them for her demo.

I stopped by to pick them up last Friday. She was quite thankful, and gracious enough to give me a copy of "Grand Obsession" (which has been on my Amazon wish list for my wife to find for a couple of months now...).

I just started it and have been captivated. Being a Nor-Cal native, I can visualize the whole Point Reyes scene. Great stuff.

I look forward to continuing down your path with you. I'm intrigued by the vibration aspect of the story. Vibrations are everywhere, so it isn't surprising the humans, animals, plants, and who knows what else respond to harmonious sounds.

Jeez, I hope I wasn't one of those nasty techs that Libby was talking about...

Congrats on your success! Sorry I missed your North Bay stops. I'll keep an eye out for your next tour.

Promote Harmony in the Universe...Tune your piano!

Dave Stahl, RPT
Piano Technician's Guild
San Jose, CA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAniw3m7L2I
http://dstahlpiano.net
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
hey, dave! i'm sorry we missed each other, too. i even was in pt. reyes for an afternoon.

let's meet up next time.

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Sounds like a plan.

BTW, I owe you for a bout of insomnia...I couldn't put your book down last night! They're just about to deliver the Grotrian.

I'm also interested in your "day job." Can you direct me to some of your other writing? You can do it off list if you don't want to raise the political ire of PW denizens.

Dave Stahl, RPT
Piano Technician's Guild
San Jose, CA
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
dave, you'll have to visit the library to get hard copies of my other writing. none of it is online because i hold the copyrights.

tom was just here to tune and regulate, so i must be off to practice. yay!

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Pique,

Enjoy...tuning is so ephemeral: it will sound absolutely great only for a short while, then settle in to being really good. Then all bets are off!

Any titles or articles you'd recommend?

Dave Stahl, RPT
Piano Technician's Guild
San Jose, CA
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
i did a whole series of them for sports illustrated that were pretty fun. my favorite is those is about the summer i spent with the smokejumpers fighting forest fires.

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Thanks, Perri. I'll check it out.

Hope to see you in Anaheim!

Dave Stahl, RPT
Piano Technician's Guild
San Jose, CA
Wondering if I could sue someone for writing a book that causes insomnia ? It took me two nights, but I have finished it. I wont spoil the ending...

R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Wow, pique', I just noticed you got a 5-star review from jazz pianist and psychiatrist Denny Zeitlin on Amazon! Way to go! thumb

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Perri,

I just finished the book last week, and haven't had much time to comment about it here, though I've been thinking about it a good percentage of the time. Given what I do, that shouldn't be a surprise!

I loved it. In particular, I love the search from the physical through the metaphysical to the quantum physical for an answer to your question.

Everything has a reason, sometimes we just can't understand precisely what the reason is.

I have many clients to whom I will make "Grand Obsession" required reading!

Thanks for a wonderful, thought-provoking, emotion-evoking read!

Dave Stahl, RPT
Piano Technician's Guild
San Jose, CA
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission