Dear Outstanding Amateur Pianist:

I'm very happy to report that the 4th Annual New York City International Piano Competition for Outstanding Amateurs (formerly Northeastern Classical Piano Competition) will be moving to the Goethe Institut, 1014 Fifth Avenue, NYC (a beautiful facility directly across from the Metropolitan Museum of Art) for all three days of the competition, May 2, 3 and 4, 2003 with many important changes.

Again we're offering a $1,000 cash prize plus a NYC Recital to the winner with additional awards for Best Performance of a "Baroque", Classical," Romantic'" and "Modern," work as well as the "Audience Award," and new this year, "Most Imaginative Program Award" and "Press Jury Award."

We will be calling ourselves the New York City International Piano Competition for Outstanding Amateurs and we will be limiting the entrants to the FIRST 45 APPLICANTS. There will now be 10 semifinalists chosen who will play 15 minutes each and 5 finalists who will play 30 minutes each. Also new this year, every entrant will have a choice to play on a Steinway Model O or the Mason & Hamlin semi-concert grand. And of course, Master Classes will be given by two esteemed members of our Jury: Eva Kovalik and Joseph Smith.

We hope you can spend the first weekend of May 2003 in the Big Apple with us. It has proven to be a wonderful weekend of beautiful piano music, camaraderie and joy of sharing your talent with many kindred spirits from all over the World.

If you're interested in joining us, I urge you to send in your application immediately to reserve your time slot. Your final program may follow at a later date. For more background information, please go to www.phredpianoexpression.com

Best Regards,

Phred Meller

---------------
Frank B.
Piano World
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit)
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield (southwest) let's get together!