Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
126 registered (accordeur, A Guy, anotherscott, anamnesis, 48 invisible), 1861 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#918009 - 03/28/07 11:08 AM "American Idol" fans?
sotto voce Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Briarcliff Manor, NY, USA
Though this is the first season I've watched, I'm totally hooked on it. Anybody else? Any predictions as to tonight's elimination show?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
—Albert Schweitzer

Chopin: Allegro de Concert Op. 46
Schumann: Toccata Op. 7
Fauré: Ballade Op. 19

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#918010 - 03/28/07 12:14 PM Re: "American Idol" fans?
signa Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, USA
i walked away from it more often than actually watched it, since my computer/piano is at another room. didn't care too much about it, but this time i hope that punk-haired guy get off the show, who's extremely awful.

#918011 - 03/30/07 10:02 AM Re: "American Idol" fans?
asherf Offline

Loc: Colorado
Blake? or Sanjaya? :p

I can't stand Sanjaya.

I want Blake to win, and feel he should. he's the only true artist on the show. and from some of his non Idol videos on youtube, he's much more talented than he's shown so far.

I also like Gina, Lakisha, and Melinda. for those I'm consistant with.

I watch the show every year since season 1, the whole family does, it's almost like a tradition.

#918012 - 03/30/07 10:51 AM Re: "American Idol" fans?
sotto voce Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Briarcliff Manor, NY, USA
Well, thanks for getting the ball rolling! I liked the whole Top 24, though of course I miss some more than others.

Despite explicit reminders that AI is supposed to be a singing competition pure and simple, I guess it's human nature to be looking at more than that. (I totally expected Sabrina Sloan to be a finalist, and yet, unfortunately, America seemed to think that neither she nor Sundance had the right "look.") So, at this point, my favorites are Sanjaya, Haley and Chris Richardson, for the very reason that (to my eyes, obviously) they do have the "whole package" of voice, looks, personality and style. I think there have been others, too—but they've already been voted off. \:\( (I considered Stephanie to be in this category.)

Isn't it awful that any of the contestants should be targeted for negative remarks concerning their appearance? I've come across some really awful comments. And, of course, Sanjaya is the weakest voice in the competition, but why does it push so many people's buttons that he's a pretty face with a pretty voice? There are people who find that appealing, and I'm one of them. It just seems that the people denying that he has any talent at all are usually camouflaging some obvious racism plus discomfort over their perceptions of his sexuality. He's 17, after all, and there's no reason for anyone to go there.

Wasn't "The Diana Ross Songbook" a horror for all concerned? Didn't Phil do a great job this week with "Every Breath You Take"? And was it a mistake for Chris Sligh to say "my bad" about his own performance, in terms of the consequences to him? Most contestants keep their heads up and affirm their belief that they did well after accepting what the judges say gracefully, and I think Chris's candor in assessing himself cost him votes. And the melody of that song is so syncopated that a case could have been made that what Randy and Paula said didn't ring true.

What about Simon Cowell and other similarly situated music industry titans seeming to wear their musical illiteracy as a badge of honor? (I'm thinking of the Sixty Minutes interview.) Why would people—even (especially?) self-styled music experts—act defiantly unapologetic that they can't read music? Why not learn? I'd wager it's a heck of a lot easier than learning a foreign language, and people do that all the time.

My projected winner: Jordin Sparks or Blake Lewis. Of those I see as realistic contenders, I'd love to see Melinda or Lakisha win.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
—Albert Schweitzer

Chopin: Allegro de Concert Op. 46
Schumann: Toccata Op. 7
Fauré: Ballade Op. 19

#918013 - 03/30/07 11:05 AM Re: "American Idol" fans?
Les Koltvedt Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canton, MI
Melinda all the way...wish they would just KICK Sanjaya off...it's way past time...comeon.
PTG Associate

#918014 - 04/03/07 05:41 PM Re: "American Idol" fans?
asherf Offline

Loc: Colorado
the biggest problem with Sanjaya is that his voice isn't necessarly "bad" per say. he just doesn't sing. there's a difference. It is a singing competition, like, if it were a piano competition, we couldn't go out there and play Angel Eyes, expecting to win. He needs to prove that he can sing.

Blake definitally deserves the crown... watch his pre idol stuff on youtube sometime.

vocally, Lakisha and Melinda should probably be the final two, but they may end up becoming lost in the industry.

Chris R. needs to show more artisty and show a stronger voice. I like him, but am not seeing his full potential as of yet.

I'm still angry about Sundance not making it any further, I saw something great in him. not an angry that disturbes me at night, just within the show.

#918015 - 05/11/07 05:13 AM Re: "American Idol" fans?
metronome Offline

My favorite used to be Blake, but lately i find him trying too hard, too polished, hence very unnatural \:\(

My bet is on Jordin :p She sparks.

Nope..I'm gonna live each day to the fullest smile

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Decorations at Piano World Headquarters 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
kawai model SA-8E upright
by EthanHawaii
12/20/14 02:28 PM
Piano Felt
by Modern Conner
12/20/14 01:37 PM
5 adjacent dead keys
by levendig
12/20/14 01:18 PM
Like Someone In Love - a rhythmic approach
by marcuslchoi
12/20/14 12:43 PM
mp11
by mike2014
12/20/14 11:42 AM
Forum Stats
77372 Members
42 Forums
160016 Topics
2349871 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission