Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#919021 - 12/03/04 07:24 AM Last NIght's Apprentice
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
Anyone see last night's show?

I was sad to see Ivana go. I think she was more talented than Jen - but Jen was on the winning team.

The one thing that seemed to weigh the most against her was her removing her skirt to get $20 for a candybar... Trump and the woman executive said they felt she was selling something other than the candy...

I think if were her, I might have argued that the other women were doing the same. They were able to secure a premium for the candy because they were also subtly selling sex - with low cut blouses and short skirts.

Everytime the women compete against men in selling something on the street, the women dress in a provactive way and win. If everyone were required to wear a professional set of clothes,the gap might have closed.

In any event...I'm hooked on the show...

K

Piano & Music Acc. / Sheet Music

Sheet Music Plus Homepage
#919022 - 12/03/04 07:34 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Cindysphinx Offline

Loc: Washington D.C. Metro
Kluurs,

What are you, my long-lost twin? ;\)

I was just thinking of starting this thread. I only started watching this show early this season, and I too am hooked, but Amazing Race is still my first love.

Now.

I was flat-out appalled that she agreed to drop her skirt like that! When you are out there, you are representing the company. You can't just do something tacky to ramp up your sales numbers. The company could have been innundated with complaints. Then Limbaugh or Dr. Laura might pick up the story, and then where would she be?

I am glad my daughters were watching that, as it was one heck of a teaching moment. "Mom! MOM!!! Be quiet, OK! We can't hear anything with you ranting and raving like that!" I especially liked it that the Female Trump Lady asked her, "Were you really selling candy?"

That team wasn't very creative. They could have offered to sing a song, perform a trick, tell a joke, combined any of these concepts with an auction, *anything* clean cut to entice people to buy. After all, you do have a film crew there, so it's not hard to attract attention.

Well, at least the Skirt-Dropper admitted her lapse in judgment on the way home. Had she refrained from doing that, she would not have been fired, I think. The guy with the unauthorized price cut would have been fired, I'll bet.

Cindy -- showing her conservative side

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...QvjrL_blog.html

#919023 - 12/03/04 07:43 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

When I went to the Apprentice site, they said she apparently did the disappearing skirt thing several times... Assuming that is true, she probably represented the bulk of the revenue for her team... Imagine..getting to humiliate yourself in front of men -- and the whole country - and then lose. She was the project manager - and let Kevin drop the price. That was a very bad decision.

But I'm not sure how they could have beaten the other women's "charms." That wasn't thought through. Ivana should have figured that the other women would do what they did. Frankly, I expected them to - anyone who watched the last season with its lemonaide stand should have expected it.

K

#919024 - 12/03/04 08:05 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Cindysphinx Offline

Lemonade stand?

#919025 - 12/03/04 08:17 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

The women were doling out kisses, phone numbers and being very friendly with the men to win the first challenge.

#919026 - 12/03/04 08:22 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hey Cindy,

I'm thinking that there may be a way the women could increase traffic to the Tea Room.... ;\)

#919027 - 12/03/04 08:27 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Cindysphinx Offline

Heh, heh.

Why shouldn't it be the men doling out the kisses? \:\)

#919028 - 12/03/04 08:32 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I was thinking more like...

The famous Jodi bikini shot...

The hottest legs contest...

#919029 - 12/03/04 08:37 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Cindysphinx Offline

The "Women of PW" Calendar?

#919030 - 12/03/04 08:37 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
kluurs Offline
3000 Post Club Member

er..precisely!

#919031 - 12/03/04 10:33 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Penny Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Juan Capistrano, CA
I think Ivana is creative (witness her Levi's wheel brochure) but is not a leader AT ALL. I would've fired her much earlier. Plus, I think Trump would never hire anyone named "Ivana!" \:D

As far as the stripping goes, there's a difference between what Jen and Sandy did and Ivana did. It's the difference why GQ can sit out in front of a magazine stand and Playboy is behind the counter!

Of those that are left, Kelly is probably the strongest, although I like Sandy, too.

penny

#919032 - 12/03/04 12:59 PM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Cindysphinx Offline

Man, that Levi wheel brochure was *excellent.*

Hey, answer me this, though, as I am quite new to the show.

Where do they get their clothes?

I ask because I was stunned to see these professionals walking around Manhattan in shorts, T-shirts and sandals, walking into bridal salons and trying to get the owner to do business with them. Why weren't they dressed as professional?

I also am surprised the two women happened to have matching red camisoles. I don't have a red camisole.

I also was surprised one team was able to deck themselves out completely in Levis gear for their sales presentation.

Quote:
Of those that are left, Kelly is probably the strongest, although I like Sandy, too.
Good idea, Penny. Now that we know the final four, let's go on record with our predictions.

Mmmm, I think Kevin will win. I may be biased, though, because I just plain like him.

Cindy -- openly admitting that she would have blown the NYPD ad campaign because she thought the 9/11 "Be on the front lines" campaign was a winner until the decisionmaker explained otherwise

#919033 - 12/03/04 08:41 PM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Mr Zaz Offline

Loc: New York
I was so glad to see Ivana go. I've been wanting her to get fired since the very beginning of the show. She always annoyed me with everything she did or said. Her personality and attitude is sooo annoying. She thinks she's better than everyone, and thinks she's smart, which she really isn't.

She said once, Jen uses her fembot spell on the guys. And she was saying how she uses her good looks to get on the guys' good side. Hah! Ivana, You're just mad that you don't have the good looks that Jen does!

Go Jen all the way! I can't be mad at Jen for anything lol...she's just, there. Not too bright. But i'd love to see her win. (And she's hot, so extra points)

#919034 - 12/04/04 08:11 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Cindysphinx Offline

Which one is Jen? The blonde lawyer? Or the other blonde?

#919035 - 12/04/04 08:57 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Jeffrey Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Cindy - Jen is the blonde lawyer. You should root for her out of tribal loyalty. \:\) I don't think the bridal dress store owner should be there, but that's how it goes. Except for the denim wheel thing, I never saw Ivana contribute anything. She spent her boardroom time criticizing Jen, who wasn't there! Pretty weak field this year.

I still think Kwame should have won last year, but he didn't have the guts to fire Omorosa.

#919036 - 12/04/04 09:04 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Cindysphinx Offline

Jen's the lawyer? I think she's just flying under the radar; I don't see much talent or leadership there.

I'm always surprised when the lawyers survive past the first few rounds. Remember Stacy, the one who kept asking lots of questions but never providing any solutions? Was that annoying or was that annoying?

Issue spot, issue spot, issue spot. That's what a law school education will do to you! \:\)

What happens next week? This is my first season.

#919037 - 12/04/04 11:52 AM Re: Last NIght's Apprentice
Jeffrey Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Next week they all get interviewed by other execs at Donald's company. Then two of the 4 get fired as a result. I've seen some of Trump's buildings here in NYC when I was apt. shopping - glitzy, but cheap construction. Overpriced. Fun show though.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
78 registered (AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, Art_Vandelay, Austin D, 17 invisible), 1221 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75553 Members
42 Forums
156219 Topics
2294259 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear!
by Kuanpiano
07/27/14 11:17 PM
Finger "Tapes": Purpose?
by CleverName
07/27/14 10:56 PM
Accessories needed for grand pianos.
by Stevio55
07/27/14 08:31 PM
Schulze Pollmann 113e Moderno detail information?
by pdxfz1
07/27/14 07:12 PM
Will starting on unweighted keys cause problems later on?
by Alex1
07/27/14 05:43 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission