2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
28 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, 8 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Well my parents were very farsighted and knew this child of theirs would someday work with computers (born in 1957! wink ) and also could foretell the future that a company named Microsoft would develop an operating system named 'NT'. Hence they named me Nelson T and when I became engrossed in computers (especially the Windows systems) I gave myself the nickname of NTman. shocked Somewhere on some system Ntman must have been taken so I took Ntman2. That's the long and short and stupid of it. :rolleyes:

Nelson

My two cents -- Mason & Hamlin Model A
O
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
O
My login name: Need I?

My avatar: I've posted this elsewhere on PW. A friend on another music forum saw this profile photo of me in the SDO 2000 production of Lohengrin:

[Linked Image]

...and thought it would be fun to photohsop it into a group shot of the MP gang from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail:
[Linked Image]

I agree. I thought he did an outstanding job!

Happiness is a freshly tuned piano.
Jim Boydston, proprietor, No Piano Left Behind - technician
www.facebook.com/NoPianoLeftBehind
G
G
One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists.

R
R
Oh no, I have to explain it again.

I drive a Torch Red 2002 Corvette Z06 with vanity plates ROSSO Z. I spent my younger years (1952 to 1957) in Italy, a country I love. So, ROSSO (Italian for red), Z (as in Z06). Many sites no me by that handle. I even get snail mail addressed to ROSSO Z.

smile

My name is Cindy. I teach piano in Musicmaker Piano Studio, hence the tag. I chose an hourglass for my avatar bacause everything takes time.

Everyone is musical. No exceptions. www.PlayPianoNow.info
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
This was a nickname given to me back in my competitive diving (springboard) days. Member and silver medalist on U.S. mens diving team 1997. (1M, 3M).

Ke Lang Fei is a Chinese name. I'm originally from the northeast part of the United States now living and teaching in China. Chinese given names tend to be things like "new song" or "will be a professor" or "lucky flower". One of the office people in my school tried to berate me for using too much electricity, water and gas (free in my contract) and called me "langfei" - waster, which I immediately liked. "Ke" is the beginning of my English surname which also happens to mean "guest" in Chinese. So, I have become Ke LangFei. Most Chinese really cannot understand why I would choose such a name but I like it because it fits so well.

M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
It's my first name and initial of my 2nd name.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
People call me Frank. I don't know why.

Maybe it's because it's my frickin' name... Hrmmm...

Compassion, Love, Strength, Peace, Dignity, Balance, Order
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I would call you "Frickin" Frank!! wink

It's my first name.

well we all come into the world and we all have to check out the key as erol flynn said is that, I've had a heck of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

I think that says it all.

tris

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, leggy blonde in one hand, whisky in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I use to be involved with drag racing and racers would get free stuff smile , tee shirts, hats, etc. I had gotten a tee shirt from Accel which had a picture of a tachometer on the back with the name of it across the shoulder area which read... MONSTER... the M&H came from ... (real original) Mason & Hamlin (kept ya in suspense ya)

Les Koltvedt
Servicing the Greater Atlanta area
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
because it is my name.... pronounced Gil-ud, g for glad, no one ever gets it right, If i had my way id be james or jack. nut i kind of actually like me name.
It means eternal happiness in hebrew.
And my avitar, well, Im in Africa.

L
L
I picked my nick from one of my favorite book: "The Farseer" trilogy by Robin Hobb - a must-read for every fantasy fan!

Lord Chade is the kings old assassin, but the book is really about his apprentice (Fritz). I mostly picked it because I think it sounds cool, and also because he is a character you get to like when you read the books.
I often use any of "LordChade" "Lord Chade" "Chade" "Lord_Chade" "Chade Fallstar" or "Lord Chade Fallstar" on web forums... :-)

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Really strange coincidence. I really don't remember picking out a name when I signed up and somehow I was "assigned" Dame Myra. What is strange is that my first teacher many years ago was a student of Myra Hess, so I kept it.

Private Piano Teacher
MTNA/NJMTA/SJMTA
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I chose "Super-Hunky" because "Monica Kern" was already taken!! ha laugh

I got my name from a derivation of the musical term, Andantino, which means moderately fast. One of my favorite pieces that I have been playing a lot lately, is Liszt's Etude XI: Harmonies du Soir which is Andantino.

“I love music passionately. And because I love it I try to free it from barren traditions that stifle it.”- Claude Debussy
Mine references my favourite key signature: D major. I'm also partial to its relative minor too, during moodier moments wink .

O
O
I used to play TimeSplitters 2 quite a lot and thought that the character Ozor Mox from Planet X would make quite a good online name.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission