Koch Releases Jeffrey Biegel's Classical Carols
By Naturally Sharp, Inc.
October 19, 2007

Ever wonder how "What Child Is This?" might sound in the style of Beethoven? Or "Silent Night" set to the style of Debussy? To usher in the holiday season, Koch International Classics releases pianist Jeffrey Biegel's new cd titled, 'Classical Carols' on October 23. These gems are cleverly arranged by Carolyne M. Taylor, and Mr. Biegel provides a personal statement about the cd below. The printed music is available through Lillenas, and represents Mr. Biegel's first project for Koch, produced by Susan Napodano DelGiorno:

CLASSICAL CAROLS

1--Silent Night (Debussy's Clair de Lune)

2--Away In a Manger (Saint-Saens' Le Cyne (The Swan)

3--O Little Town of Bethlehem (Clementi's Sonatina in C Major, Opus 36, no. 1, first movement)

4--We Three Kings (Beethoven's Fuer Elise)

5--I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day (Mozart's Sonata in C Major, K. 545, first movement)

6--Good King Wenceslas (Grieg's Anitra's Tanz)

7--O Come, O Come Emmanuel (Chopin's Revolutionary Etude in c minor, Opus 10, no. 12)

8--O Come, All Ye Faithful (Beethoven's Sonata in c minor, Opus 13 Pathetique, second movement)

9--God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen (Chopin's Prelude in b minor, Opus 28, no. 6)

10--Joy to the World (Haydn's Sonata in D Major, first movement)

11--It Came Upon the Midnight Clear (Chopin's Nocturne in E-flat Major, Opus 9, no. 2)

12--Angels We Have Heard on High (Clementi's Sonatina no. 2 in G Major, Opus 36, no. 2, third movement)

13--What Child Is This? (Beethoven's Sonata in c-sharp minor, Opus 27, no. 1 'Moonlight', first movement)

14--Deck the Halls (Clementi's Sonatina in C Major, Opus 36, no. 3, first movement)

15--Hark the Herald Angels Sing (G.F.Handel's Largo)

16--Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella (Sinding's Rustles of Spring)

17--I Saw Three Ships (Haydn's Allegro in F Major)

18--Go Tell It On the Mountain (Chopin's Funeral March, from Sonata no. 2 in b-flat minor)

19--While Shepherd Watch Their Flock (Bach's Two-Part Invention in B-flat Major)

20--Cradle Song (Brahms' Waltz in A-flat Major, Opus 39, no. 15 and Lullaby)

21--The First Noel (Tschaikowsky's Concerto no. 1 in b-flat minor, first movement)

"My first encounter with 'Classical Carols' was through an invitation to record a group of these compositions from PianoDisc. Since these are very endearing combinations of popular holiday 'carols' with beloved piano repertoire, I wished to record them as an audio only cd. What makes these 'Classical Carols' particularly ear-catching is the brilliant manner in which Carolyne M. Taylor juxtaposes the tuneful music from both genres. To match the music harmonically and melodically is a challenge in itself. Ms. Taylor has a unique gift in combining the two genres, and has chosen the best possible piano repertoire from the Baroque, Classical and Romantic periods to coincide with the holiday music. These are truly 'Classical Carols' in every sense, and it is a sheer joy to share them with you."

More information about Mr. Biegel can be found at his web site www.jeffreybiegel.com including his 2007-08 concert schedule.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!