Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#920492 - 02/10/06 09:45 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (originally N...
Me thinks Babson may have over reacted...
Forecast for Boston

Saturday night : Windy with snow developing. Low 26F. Winds NE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph late.

Geesh folks, it's winter in New England.
(It ain't like it's the blizzard of 78:-)
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#920493 - 02/10/06 10:24 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
John Citron Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Haverhill, Massachusetts
 Quote:
Originally posted by Piano World:
Me thinks Babson may have over reacted...
Forecast for Boston

Saturday night : Windy with snow developing. Low 26F. Winds NE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph late.

Geesh folks, it's winter in New England.
(It ain't like it's the blizzard of 78:-) [/b]
I don't know, Frank. We've had forcasts of "little or no accumulation", and ended up with 17" of snow!

Besides, I'm glad it's been postponed because I couldn't have made it anyway because my car is lousy in the white stuff. On a scale of 1 to 10 it's something like -5 in traction!

Take care,

John

#920494 - 02/11/06 07:56 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
 Quote:
Originally posted by Piano World:

[/b]
Is is about the same this morning, but after about midnight is when the heavy stuff falls, still 10-14 inch prediction.

Indrek is playing both Sat and Sun in two different venues.

I wouldn't want to have to move that big beautiful Estonia in that weather!

See you all next week!

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!

#920495 - 02/11/06 08:37 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
I have plans in place for the long wknd (18th,19th,20th) So, now I have to decide on joining with family/friends up north OR gathering with piano comrades for a musical event which includes a pre-concert gathering!!!

I hate making decisions like this!

BBBWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

It's a no-brainer for dh... he will be heading north with or without me, along with the rest of my crew!! \:\(

#920496 - 02/12/06 03:07 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Chris W1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Boston
I am opening the list of attendees for next weekend and would like to get confirmation from anyone who is going to try and make it, now that it is on a different date, and is NOT on the list below. We are happy Indrek Laul, himself, and John Totaro will be attending and would like to prepare a little bit more.

Confirmed for 2/18[/b]
-BeeLady, husband plus 1
-John Criton
-Lee Bea
-Frank, plus 1
-Larry
-Jeanne and Lloyd
-John Totaro and Indrek Laul
-Axtremus

If you aim to go to the Pre-Party and are not one of the above, please PM, or correspond in the thread. Sorry if I've forgotten anyone.

Terry and Stevetunes, sorry to hear of your conflict. Please, let us know which way it will work out.

Lizbeth, I understand you also have a conflict on the weekend coming up. If this is not the case, please PM or respond to the thread.

Chris W1
...Just about to go snow blow :rolleyes:

#920497 - 02/13/06 08:23 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Chris, Axt is my plus one!

I do hope others are able to move things around to come! Liz was working on it and I am trying to convince Bernard to come up on the train. \:\)

Oh, Terry....Just Do It! \:D

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!

#920498 - 02/14/06 10:28 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
palley Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Binghamton, New York
Looks like we (my wife and I) are coming this time and hope to make the Pre-Party if we can get an early start.

What's the forcast?!

#920499 - 02/15/06 03:37 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
John Citron Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by palley:
Looks like we (my wife and I) are coming this time and hope to make the Pre-Party if we can get an early start.

What's the forcast?! [/b]
We might get a chance to meet. \:\) They're calling for clear and cold so far for Saturday.

This is New England and forecasts change by the whim of Mother Nature.

John

#920500 - 02/15/06 04:21 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Paul Y Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Nashua, NH
Palley,

Won't be in attendence but will be working my Burlington store both days (if you get a chance)!

If you need directions, let me know.

Paul

#920501 - 02/16/06 06:22 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Larry Buck Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lowell MA
Larry +1

I should be at Chris's as well...

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
www.finepianodevelopment.com

#920502 - 02/16/06 09:53 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
I've made a decision to stick to my traditional weekend plans.

Chris, thank you for the pre-concert gathering invitation to your home. It's sure to be a huge success.

Everyone... enjoy the music and the friendships!!

Hope there will be lots of pics to post!

Cheers!!

#920503 - 02/17/06 06:15 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

\:\( We'll miss you!

Thanks for reminding me! I need to charge the camera! \:\)

#920504 - 02/17/06 07:27 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Piano World Offline

It looks like I'll be coming solo, which means I'll have an extra ticket if anyone is interested.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld

#920505 - 02/17/06 08:06 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Larry Buck Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Frank, Do you want me to set you up with a blind date?

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com

#920506 - 02/18/06 09:20 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Jeanne W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New England
Terry: We'll miss you!

Chris: We'll bring cheese and crackers and a bottle of wine. Sorry for the late update!

See everyone tonite.

\:\)

Jeanne

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/8776.html#000000

#920507 - 02/18/06 02:06 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Larry Buck Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Chris,

Is it still 5:30 at your place?

Larry

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com

#920508 - 02/18/06 05:48 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Chris W1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Yes, it is. Sorry not to confirm a time. We kept it the same as last week because the concert is staying on its 8PM schedule.

See you,
Chris

#920509 - 02/19/06 09:05 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Larry Buck Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Many Thanks to Chris, his wife Helen and family for hosting a pre concert gathering of the the Piano World folks. Great food music and spirits.

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com

#920510 - 02/19/06 09:29 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
John Citron Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thank you Chris and Helen for the great time!

And thank you Larry for posting the pictures of this very wonderfuly evening. I didn't sleep a wink last night!

John

#920511 - 02/19/06 10:36 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Another wonderful evening with wonderful people. Thanks to Chris and Helen for being such gracious hosts. Helen out did herself with the table spread! We have a new high standard to live up to! It was all so delicious.

Larry's photos are great, I can add just a few blurrier ones.. :p

We were thrilled to have Indrek join us at the party and give us a preconcert overview of the Beethoven he was to play later. Taking in his every word and note...John Citron, Helen's Mom, LeeBea, Helen, John Totaro, John's companion Nina.

The group...

palley, John Citron, ChrisW1's wife Helen, ChrisW1, Indrek Laul, Frank Baxter, BeeLady, JeanneW and LloydW. Down in front, Axtremus and Leebea. Larry Buck was so busy taking a photo, he forgot to get into one!

Indrek performing on the big beauty..

At intermission, the audience was invited to come up and view the piano before the movers took it away to the next venue. I think EVERYONE came up to take a look!

#920512 - 02/19/06 11:15 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: boston north
Thanks so much for sharing the pics!

Chris, your place looks tres elegante! Love that piano shawl!

WOW! how wonderful to be able to say that Indrek came and played your piano!

Would love to hear more about the concert and the concert Estonia thoughts.

Roberta

#920513 - 02/19/06 12:48 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Piano World Offline

Yes, it was a great evening!

Chris has a beautiful home, a beautiful family, and a beautiful piano... geesh, some people have it all :-)

Seriously, many thanks to Chris and his family for hosting the pre-concert gathering. The food was wonderful and everyone enjoyed themselves completely. And thanks to John Totaro of Boston Piano and Organ for organizing the event (John, we will take you up on your offer to borrow your hall sometime soon).

Indrek's "lessons" before the concert were a treat, and the concert itself was a joy.

As beautiful as the new Estonia was from the outside, we were all waiting in anticipation to see the inside, and we weren't dissappointed.

Indrek's interpretation of Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 was fantastic. It's hard to tell who enjoyed themselves more, the orchestra, Indrek, or the audience (I think it was a 3 way tie).

Speaking of the orchestra, they are The New Philharmonia Orchestra ( www.newphil.org )under the direction of Ronald Knudsen. Their music includes classics, family, pops, and chamber.

These are people who play music because they love it, and you can see it on their faces. Check them out if you have a chance.

Thanks again to everyone involved. It's always fun to get together with our forums members.
I never met a forums gathering I didn't like :-)

Now, a few more pictures...

www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld

#920514 - 02/19/06 01:03 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Larry Buck Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Frank, You can have any of the pics I have taken. The pics I am displaying on PW are "web friendly" versions. I am happy to amail you any of the "full" resolution photo's you would like......for posterity.

It was great to see everyone again and chat. Events like this remind me of why I am here. Very nice.

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com

#920515 - 02/19/06 06:13 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Chris W1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks to everyone who came. We had a wonderful time opening up our home to such gracious guests. We got a chance to hear and meet Indrek Laul, and we also met our new neighbor, John Totaro. Sorry, to those stranded by the door bell.

I hope we appropriately saluted our special guest. Indrek really brought in the kind of soiree atmosphere that I believe everyone found both captivating and intimate. And, wow, it happened in our home, and on our very own piano!

Thanks to all who provided food and drink, my wife included. I was out of town until the AM on Saturday and she pulled out the stops. Your thoughtfulness led to quite a spread and, um, lunch for the rest of February ;\)

The pictures look great. I got to show them to my folks before they left.

Chris W1

#920516 - 02/19/06 08:15 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Groton, NH
Wow. Thanks for the reports and the pictures everyone. I'm sorry I missed it.

Looks and sounds like it was a really great evening.

#920517 - 02/19/06 09:46 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
leebea Offline

Loc: Peoria, Arizona (formerly MA)
Let me add my thanks for a fantastic evening. Chris and Helen, thank you for inviting us to your lovely home and for your hospitality,John Totaro for sponsoring this event. If you ever come to this site, Indrek, thanks for just a beautiful evening, Beelady for organizing this get together, and not least, Frank Baxter for this great forum that continues to bring together a great group of people.

#920518 - 02/19/06 10:12 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
palley Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Binghamton, New York
Wow! what a trip! We just got home to Binghamton (really Vestal!) after an exciting weekend.

Many thanks to Chris and Helen for being such gracious hosts. And to BeeLady for her efforts at organizing the affair.

And, of course, to Frank for providing such a place for us to hang out.

This concert was great and it was a thrill to meet Indrek. He was kind enough to autograph our copy of his CD.

Today I had the great pleasure to meet my good PW friend Paul Y at his place of business. Was nice to try a variety of pianos such as we don't find here in the boondocks. (And to conclude that my Clavinova is still very suited to my needs.)

#920519 - 02/19/06 11:22 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Axtremus Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Thanks to ChrisW1 and family. Chris W1 and family threw a great party! (I hope you're happy now -- 'coz it looks like you'll making all future piano parties look bad. ;\) \:D )

Thanks to Dr. Laul for giving the PW crowd a pre-concert lecture at Chris W1's, and to John Totaro of Boston Organ and Piano for sponsoring the excuse for us to have a party.

Special thanks to BeeLady, not only for organizing the event, but also for giving me a ride to the party and concert -- much appreciated! \:\)

For all of you who could not make it to the event, well, I am sorry you couldn't make it. Please scroll up, look at the pictures again, and make it your President's Day resolution to not miss the next party. ;\)

#920520 - 02/20/06 08:28 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
Gosh how nice! the photos are great!

I kind of like the new Estonia name on the fall board. I wonder if that will adorn all new and future Estonias.

(i want Indrek to come to my house - waaah! - maybe when and if a dealer can ever pick up an option to sell them here)

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

#920521 - 02/20/06 08:42 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Suz Offline

Loc: Midwest
What a wonderful event and party! You guys have all the fun--extremely envious here! \:\)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (Almaviva, accordeur, alex-kid, Anne'sson, 45 invisible), 1364 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153564 Topics
2250595 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Science
by venice1
04/18/14 09:59 PM
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
04/18/14 09:08 PM
the conclusion on weighted keys and developing technique
by B.Petrovic
04/18/14 09:02 PM
song i wrote about a coffee shop
by jedplays
04/18/14 08:50 PM
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
04/18/14 08:48 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission