2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,124 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Roberta,

It was up on the stage, and it was after the performance. An announcement was made that the audience could go up on stage during the intermission to look at the piano just before the piano movers came to move the instrument to its next venue. Well the crowd literally flew up on stage as soon as the first light flickered at the intermission. People were poking around the instrument as though it was beached whale. People were playing keys, but not playing music. With a little nudging from Larry Buck, (well not really necessary...), and I sat down and played some of Chopin's Nocturne No. 1 (op. 9 no. 1 in b-flat minor), and a smidge of some Schubert I could remember off the top of my head.

I'm still floating up there in the heavens way beyond Saturn!

Anyway, no word from Indrek when the instrument will be available for consumption, or if the beauty would be on display in the BPO store.

John

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
I believe Indrek said it was on its way to Houston to its new home.

Lee B.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by John Citron:
I sat down and played some of Chopin's Nocturne No. 1 (op. 9 no. 1 in b-flat minor), and a smidge of some Schubert I could remember off the top of my head.

...and NO ONE took a picture?????!!!!! eek

-------------------------------------------

Leebea; here is a link to sign up for Del's visit to Larry's shop: Del Fandrich

Look for the on-line application link.

I also added the Frederick's first spring concert to my calendar. Good to know you are interested in attending! wink

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Terry, Add me to the Fredericks list as well...

Larry

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
http://www.facebook.com/EJBuckPerformances
Helen & Chris, A heartfelt thank you for all of your efforts on our behalf. Your home is beautiful. I especially love the red room...so elegant. And Helen the food that you prepared was delicious. Small world that I live right up the street and have admired your Xmas lights for the past few seasons!

It was a really nice night. Indrek and I loved being able to meet folks from this forum. Indrek mentioned this to me several times during the course of the weekend. Yes, he and I sell pianos but it was not about that. It was about enjoying piano music and meeting folk's who have similar interests. Chris, Indrek remarked to me that your vintage Steinway was a pleasure to play. And I remain impressed that you tuned it yourself.

Frank, This site is great. You can see by my very low post number that I seldom post. However I lurk about regularly as it is how I can learn about what is good and what is bad, etc. Kudos to you on this fine forum and thanks for the cd and mug!

To the rest of the folks who were at the gathering at Chris' and then the New Philharmonia Orchestra's concert, I enjoyed meeting you. My recital hall is yours gratis should you want to again have a gathering. Who knows maybe I could even entice Indrek to join us?

Thanks again for a nice night and for supporting piano music in general.

John Totaro
Boston Organ & Piano
www.bostonorganandpiano.com

THE COMPOUND,
State of the Art Piano Recording Facility in Medfield, MA.
Instrument: Yamaha S400B 6'3"
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission