Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#920522 - 02/20/06 09:27 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
I. Bruton Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Raleigh
I wish I could have gone! Piano parties are one of the lost traditions of the old world. Maybe next time!
High School Choral Director
Church Music Director
Pianos owned: Yamaha C3
Pianos at work: Yamaha P22, Kawai K3, Steinway B

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#920523 - 02/20/06 11:46 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
Although I was unable to join everyone, I took such delight in viewing all the pictures and reading the gratifying responses of those who were in attendance.

Thanks for posting pictures and providing reviews to what was definitely a memorable gathering.

I do have to admit though, I am a bit concerned about the piano pile-up pic taking place behind a table of lucious food vs a lucious piano!!!

So, what is on our local itinerary for a March gathering??? Hmmm..... !!!! Stay tuned for further info... ;\)

In the meantime, please mark your calendar for the first spring concert, sponsored by the Frederick's.
May 7th

#920524 - 02/21/06 09:43 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
We missed you Terry! Don't forget some of us will be at Del's talk at the PTG in April! \:\)

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!

#920525 - 02/21/06 10:33 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Me, too, Terry. Looks like a wonderful time. Chris, your piano and the room are just gorgeous!

#920526 - 02/21/06 06:33 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
leebea Offline

Loc: Peoria, Arizona (formerly MA)
Terry, hope you had an enjoyable weekend. We missed you but know there are other things in life that have to take priority sometimes. I was just looking at the May 4th concert. I have put it in my book so I am interested. I also am interested in the PTG on Sunday if you are coordinating that too. Do I fill out the application and send the check to Larry for that one?

#920527 - 02/21/06 06:37 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
leebea Offline

A CD of the Berlin Philharmonic on my Wave music system playing Beethoven's Piano Concerto #5 doesn't hold a candle to my experience of being there to hear the New Phil and Indrek play it on Saturday night. I can't think of a music experience I've enjoyed more.

#920528 - 02/21/06 08:57 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Jeanne W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New England
Hello, Everyone:

This was AWESOME! Lloyd and I had a wonderful time!

Thanks, Chris and Helen, for welcoming us into your home and being such gracious hosts. Your house is beautiful, and "The Red Room" is the perfect setting for your beautiful Steinway!

Thank you, Indrek! (If you happen to read this at some point in time.) We enjoyed meeting you and your wife. One of the highlights of our evening was listening to you play Chris' piano and talk about the Beethovan piece you played in concert later that evening. And the concert was fabulous!

Of course, it was a real treat getting together with familiar PW members again and meeting a few new ones!

We'll have to have another PW get-together soon, though, as others have said, it'll be hard to top this one! I'm actually thinking about having a full scale PW get together at my house in a couple of months. I'm just waiting for my "Social Butterfly Wings" to fully develop!

Chris, I couldn't end this post without telling you I LOVE your piano! It plays well, sounds fantastic, and visually, it's a thing of beauty! As I think Lloyd told you, it is "very musical". At some point here on PW, I was a bit critical of Steinways, saying my opinion is they can lack sustain and be weak in the treble. The treble notes on YOUR piano, Chris, are STRONG and FLOAT above the bass, lingering lovingly above accompaniment. How sublime! \:\)

A Terrific Evening: Good Friends, Good Food, Great Music!

What more could anyone ask?

Jeanne W (and Lloyd, too!)

P.S. I am now the proud owner of THE PianoWorld CD. (Aside to Axtremus: Maybe you shouldn't oughta sell any more PianoWorld CDs from out of the back trunk of your car, Ax. Someone might misunderstand and think you're selling BOOTLEG PIANOWORLD CDs! Ha ha ah ha hah ah a ha ! \:D )

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/8776.html#000000

#920529 - 02/22/06 10:25 AM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
jollyroger Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Wow,
What a party! I'm speechless that Dr. Laul was gracious enough to come to the pre-concert party and then avail himself and the new concert grand for all to enjoy.

Special thanks to all who took and posted the pictures. It's time we put one of these shindigs together here in NY. Maybe we can't top this party, but we could sure try!

Regards,
Roger

#920530 - 02/22/06 01:36 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
John Citron Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Haverhill, Massachusetts
I forgot to mention with all the excitement about the party and pictures, that I actually tried the new concert grand!

WOW! is all I can say. \:D \:D

The touch was very even and smooth, like butter yet firm and controlled under the fingers. I really didn't play loud or for very long, but it was sure easy to get used to.

The tone was really beautiful, and surprisingly mellow for an instrument of its size. Yet that didn't bother me because it was such a joy to play on.

So if someone was willing to let me take one of these home, I wouldn't even blink an eye with a second thought!

John

#920531 - 02/22/06 03:19 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: boston north
John,

You mean up on the stage?

How courageous... And what an experience!

Was this after the performance?

I wonder when 'it' will be on the Boston Piano and Organ store. ????

Did Indrek say how many of these will be made in the following year? Or are they only on order?

Roberta

#920532 - 02/22/06 05:06 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
John Citron Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Haverhill, Massachusetts
Roberta,

It was up on the stage, and it was after the performance. An announcement was made that the audience could go up on stage during the intermission to look at the piano just before the piano movers came to move the instrument to its next venue. Well the crowd literally flew up on stage as soon as the first light flickered at the intermission. People were poking around the instrument as though it was beached whale. People were playing keys, but not playing music. With a little nudging from Larry Buck, (well not really necessary...), and I sat down and played some of Chopin's Nocturne No. 1 (op. 9 no. 1 in b-flat minor), and a smidge of some Schubert I could remember off the top of my head.

I'm still floating up there in the heavens way beyond Saturn!

Anyway, no word from Indrek when the instrument will be available for consumption, or if the beauty would be on display in the BPO store.

John

#920533 - 02/22/06 05:58 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
leebea Offline

I believe Indrek said it was on its way to Houston to its new home.

#920534 - 02/22/06 08:46 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
Originally posted by John Citron:
I sat down and played[/b] some of Chopin's Nocturne No. 1 (op. 9 no. 1 in b-flat minor), and a smidge of some Schubert I could remember off the top of my head.

...and NO ONE[/b] took a picture?????!!!!!

-------------------------------------------

Leebea; here is a link to sign up for Del's visit to Larry's shop: Del Fandrich

Look for the on-line application link.

I also added the Frederick's first spring concert to my calendar. Good to know you are interested in attending! ;\)

#920535 - 02/22/06 09:16 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
Larry Buck Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lowell MA
Terry, Add me to the Fredericks list as well...

Larry

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
www.finepianodevelopment.com

#920536 - 02/27/06 04:28 PM Re: Boston Area Field Trip! Indrek Laul concert PICS HERE!
S400B Offline

Loc: Medfield, MA
Helen & Chris, A heartfelt thank you for all of your efforts on our behalf. Your home is beautiful. I especially love the red room...so elegant. And Helen the food that you prepared was delicious. Small world that I live right up the street and have admired your Xmas lights for the past few seasons!

It was a really nice night. Indrek and I loved being able to meet folks from this forum. Indrek mentioned this to me several times during the course of the weekend. Yes, he and I sell pianos but it was not about that. It was about enjoying piano music and meeting folk's who have similar interests. Chris, Indrek remarked to me that your vintage Steinway was a pleasure to play. And I remain impressed that you tuned it yourself.

Frank, This site is great. You can see by my very low post number that I seldom post. However I lurk about regularly as it is how I can learn about what is good and what is bad, etc. Kudos to you on this fine forum and thanks for the cd and mug!

To the rest of the folks who were at the gathering at Chris' and then the New Philharmonia Orchestra's concert, I enjoyed meeting you. My recital hall is yours gratis should you want to again have a gathering. Who knows maybe I could even entice Indrek to join us?

Thanks again for a nice night and for supporting piano music in general.

John Totaro
Boston Organ & Piano
www.bostonorganandpiano.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (Almaviva, accordeur, angga888, Alux, 41 invisible), 1497 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153619 Topics
2251496 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Noodling board
by Maarkr
48 minutes 46 seconds ago
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
51 minutes 6 seconds ago
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
Today at 08:18 PM
When a beginner is not a beginner anymore?
by Eight Octaves
Today at 08:09 PM
DEBUSSY-"Serenade for the Doll" from 'Children's Corner'
by Hal Freedman
Today at 07:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission